Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:07 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGenAce:D View Post
Great! Now with the 4th Gen split, I'm totally playing this hack. :D

But, whyyyyy change the starters to the ones from Gen I-V? They seem to be kinda.. redundant. XD
Starting with a Zorua was good. And Lucario is not really a threat with Zoroark learning Flamethrower right? So whyyyy??

Or.. we could start with a legendary Poke (An underpowered one of course, to maintain the balance of the difficulty of the game)?

Maybee.. Mew?

A starter that no other trainer could get would be really sweeet.. :D
I want the battle experience to be the most awesome as possible so I'm adding everything that would make the battles much awesome.

It seems having Zorua with you won't go that well with the story. What if the player releases it? I need it in my future scripts. But rival still get's to keep Riolu :P I guess you'll have to stick to fire types... :3

So my plan now is you get to have a random starter then you'll be able to get Zoroark after you get your 7th Gym Badge in a huge event where you get to fight a lot of Legendary Pokemon... :3
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:15 AM
4thGenAce:D
I don't live by my name...

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
I want the battle experience to be the most awesome as possible so I'm adding everything that would make the battles much awesome.

It seems having Zorua with you won't go that well with the story. What if the player releases it? I need it in my future scripts. But rival still get's to keep Riolu I guess you'll have to stick to fire types... :3

So my plan now is you get to have a random starter then you'll be able to get Zoroark after you get your 7th Gym Badge in a huge event where you get to fight a lot of Legendary Pokemon... :3
I get the point.. sooooo.. Mew (w/ puppy eyes)? :DD HAHAHAHA!
I'm a proud Filipino! XD Playing Pokemon since 4 (I started with Pokemon Yellow)

Finished playing more than 45+ hacked and official Pokemon games altogether. :D
I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

"I don't live by my name, but at least I can exceed your expectations. "

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Follow me on Twitter: @WhatevaBlahBlah
Add me as a friend on Facebook: [email protected]
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:34 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
I get the point.. sooooo.. Mew (w/ puppy eyes)? :DD HAHAHAHA!
No, but you will be able to catch it in a Jungle in the game. :)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:54 AM

Okayyy. As you say so..

Jungle? Hmm.. kinda reminds me of Pokemon Emerald. XD
I'm a proud Filipino! XD Playing Pokemon since 4 (I started with Pokemon Yellow)

I have never tried hacking.. But I have lots of kinda "wacky" ideas for some. *sigh*

I may make Youtube walkthroughs about some games, you could suggest. I just need the appropriate tools.

Old January 3rd, 2013, 11:59 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Tajaros: Oh no... plz no normal starters :/ I'm so sick of them having appearance everytime...
Zorua was a good idea... And if you are just worried about players releasing it, then make every script involving Zorua(rk) check party pokemon Zorua(rk)'s number and if it's not present do a game reset xD
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:04 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Tajaros: Oh no... plz no normal starters :/ I'm so sick of them having appearance everytime...
Zorua was a good idea... And if you are just worried about players releasing it, then make every script involving Zorua(rk) check party pokemon Zorua(rk)'s number and if it's not present do a game reset xD
Haha lol. Well there's a thrill of having a random one this time. :)

And that would be a pain having a checkscript in every script you have, my only concern is also Team Jazz's goal is to capture a Zoroark/Zorua so what if you lose to one of the members/squad leaders? It would lead to some people being confused the grunt say I'll take your Zorua and you lose but you still have it lol.
Old January 5th, 2013, 05:23 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
aah u want to add a touch of practicality to the game, make it make sense. great idea on randomized starters, i suspect that they will be first form pokemon right? it'd be wierd if someone starts playing a game and they get a lvl 5 dragonite right?
http://gearsteam.webs.com/
enter and join the gears! reviews of hacks done there, credited to the hackers!
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:45 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj13 View Post
aah u want to add a touch of practicality to the game, make it make sense. great idea on randomized starters, i suspect that they will be first form pokemon right? it'd be wierd if someone starts playing a game and they get a lvl 5 dragonite right?
You'll get a random starter from the 1st to 5th gen. Why would I give a lvl. 5 Dragonite lol.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Haha lol. Well there's a thrill of having a random one this time.

And that would be a pain having a checkscript in every script you have, my only concern is also Team Jazz's goal is to capture a Zoroark/Zorua so what if you lose to one of the members/squad leaders? It would lead to some people being confused the grunt say I'll take your Zorua and you lose but you still have it lol.
That's bad :/ I wanted to try Zorua :/
Might as well hack one xD
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old January 6th, 2013, 12:33 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
That's bad :/ I wanted to try Zorua :/
Might as well hack one xD
Haha, yeah you can do that, there's no stopping you... xD
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Uzigunner

Nature: Gentle
First of all congratulations Tajoros on your first ever hack and I hope u will deliver an awesome storyline and gameplay.Good luck, but for some reason, I am not getting an evil feeling when I hear the name Team Jazz.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:58 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzigunner View Post
First of all congratulations Tajoros on your first ever hack and I hope u will deliver an awesome storyline and gameplay.Good luck, but for some reason, I am not getting an evil feeling when I hear the name Team Jazz.
Yes, I know what you mean I named it like that cause Now I'm spoiling... xD the leaders are mainly jazz lovers. Remember Go Rock Squad in Pokemon Ranger? Doesn't sound evil to me either... xD And you'll know more about Team Jazz in the game just you wait.
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:31 AM

Oooo.. Go Rock Squad.. AHAHA.. Ahhh.. Touch-screen massacre for my DS days. :DD

References are great for the evil team's dialogues.. Like the Deadly Seven from Pokemon Snakewood, would you add some? Just for a little spark. XD

Old January 16th, 2013, 11:38 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

I haven't played Snakewood yet but, we'll see... :)

Anyways here's an update. :)

I was working with battle backgrounds this past few days and I finally have them to work properly yesterday... xD

Here's the look for the Grass and Water Background.

I also finished doing the Indoor and Field Backgrounds but I'm still working on a way to fix something up.

You may say that this hack is dying but it's not I am working on this on my free time, I don't post updates much but I have more in store for you guys once the mapping is done then it will be to scripting! :)
Old January 17th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
References are great for the evil team's dialogues.. Like the Deadly Seven from Pokemon Snakewood, would you add some? Just for a little spark. XD
But references shouldn't be visible =D References should be tiny so only the selected ones can see them =D

Old January 21st, 2013, 12:37 PM
byAmbi

Nature: Relaxed
This seems to be a very interesting hack i love the story so far. I'm looking forward to playing the live beta when it comes out. And as for the Reign name why not call it the "Lorion Reign" :p
p.s. I'm new :x
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by byAmbi View Post
This seems to be a very interesting hack i love the story so far. I'm looking forward to playing the live beta when it comes out. And as for the Reign name why not call it the "Lorion Reign" :p
p.s. I'm new :x
Thanks... :)

You mean Region Name...

Nah, I'll go with Crown... xD

Also we have just got the animation for the lava tiles working so it won't be long till I start scripting and posting more updates.

Also the Battle Backgrounds are subjected to change. :D
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:51 PM
Rϵd
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Wow, this hack looks interesting...and the evil squad leaders are jazz lovers? Yeah, very smiliar with Go rock squad from Pokemon Ranger xD. I have a question...can we obligatory have Zorua in this game? I mean, there's a guy who gives Zorua to you when you reach a city, or PKMN center...coome on, please, I want a Zorua, that would be interesting with the storyline, haha... Oh, and Good luck too

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red View Post
Wow, this hack looks interesting...and the evil squad leaders are jazz lovers? Yeah, very smiliar with Go rock squad from Pokemon Ranger xD. I have a question...can we obligatory have Zorua in this game? I mean, there's a guy who gives Zorua to you when you reach a city, or PKMN center...coome on, please, I want a Zorua, that would be interesting with the storyline, haha... Oh, and Good luck too :)
You'll get one don't worry... :)

Ok, now it's time for a huge update!

I got a lot in store for you guys but sadly I don't have any scripting done.

Screenies!
Spoiler:

Ok, New TextBox and Font (which is from Emerald)

Here's a look for the first town and the Hero's OW. You can only pick Male as your gender here.

Yeah, the sink smells delicious.

Here's Route One.

Yay, for berries!

Inside Prof.Nara's Lab.

Here's the first city Flameheart City.

The Three Layer tile hack at work.

Flameheart City Gym...

And that concludes our huge update. xD Also thanks to NarutoActor for assisting me in the Mapping Field I owe him a lot.
Old January 26th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Hmm, you're missing Trevor/Zeikaro in your credits for tiles. The gym tile was made by him.
SIMPLE is the new SMART
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:16 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
Hmm, you're missing Trevor/Zeikaro in your credits for tiles. The gym tile was made by him.
My Bad, I forgot to add him...

*added to the first post.
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
The screen shots are really cool, I would think though for would chose grey instead of blue. ?
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Piplup - Hacker
Scripter

This looks great! I love how the tiles actually kept a FR style even though you changed them. You don't see that very often. Good job c:
I also like what you've done with the battle backgrounds!

Coming soon...
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Ace.
Let Go and Just Be Free
Community Supporter

Nice Update bro! I love how you merged Emerald Tiles with Firered Tiles, they go well together. I also really love the mapping. So, I see theres gonna be berries right?
SIMPLE is the new SMART
Old January 29th, 2013, 12:58 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverDash View Post
Nice Update bro! I love how you merged Emerald Tiles with Firered Tiles, they go well together. I also really love the mapping. So, I see theres gonna be berries right?
Yeah, there are going to be a berry system in the game so I'll remove that tiles and change those to OW's in emerald. One of the reasons why I'll be adding more OW's... xD
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links