The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:23 AM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared

Advertise here
I'm gonna ask this here although it's applies to both Black/White and Black 2 and White 2.

However my situation is for Black 2.

Say in Black 2 I had a Pokemon sleeping in the Dream World and then restarted my game, will I be able to transfer that Pokemon to my new game when I wake it up? And do I have to re-sync/un-sync my Game ID before being able to send Pokemon to my new file from the Dream World ?

Hope these questions make sense.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

I've never used DW, but I would presume if a sleepyhead comes from one game, it must return to that game. The second game has no knowledge of the sleeping Pokémon (what it is), and if it were able to receive it, it would be akin to a Trainer stealing another's Pokémon. You must trade as normal.

The better question is what happens to sleeping Pokémon in a restarted game.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 4th, 2013, 06:39 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
You are correct, the Pokemon must return to the game it came from.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
If you reset your game you have to make a new dream world account as you are given a new sync id. You can no longer sync your game to your current dream world account.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:49 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeInfuse View Post
You are correct, the Pokemon must return to the game it came from.
Ok that basically means my Eevee's lost forever then. That's unfortunate.

I'm assuming that means I need to remove my last GameSync ID and change it/sync to my current one. How do I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
If you reset your game you have to make a new dream world account as you are given a new sync id. You can no longer sync your game to your current dream world account.
So as in a completely new Global Link account right?

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer

Last edited by awolfsquared; January 4th, 2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:26 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So once I finish my Pokemon White game, I was thinking about getting myself Pokemon BW2. But does it matter if I have Pokemon White and I decide to buy Pokemon Black 2? Or I should buy Pokemon White 2 since the first one I bought was White?
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
So once I finish my Pokemon White game, I was thinking about getting myself Pokemon BW2. But does it matter if I have Pokemon White and I decide to buy Pokemon Black 2? Or I should buy Pokemon White 2 since the first one I bought was White?
I have Pokémon Black and Pokémon White 2, so there's your answer.

The only inconsistency is via Memory Link. It doesn't pick up that Hilbert/you own(s) Reshiram, and N rides in on it during the one cutscene. It would have been neat if both cutscenes were in both games, and changed depending on the game linked to (thereby also changing which one you can catch) in the same fashion as Drayden talks about you back then. Otherwise, there's no difference I can think of.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 4th, 2013, 11:28 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So besides the Memory Link, there's nothing else that affects which game version you bought before?
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:30 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Ok so I figured the question about the Game Sync ID I had earlier. Apprently in order to delete your current Game Sync Id, you can contact pokemon.com asking them to delete it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by support.pokemon.com
My game save has been accidentally deleted. I want to change the Game Sync ID to the newly issued one and link with the game. Can I continue to use the original PGL user history?

Unfortunately, while it is possible to delete the original Game Sync ID, you cannot link the original Pokémon Global Link (PGL) user history to the newly issued Game Sync ID.

In order to delete your Game Sync ID, we would need to confirm your registration. Please provide the following information by submitting a question at support.pokemon.com:
- Trainer Club account username
- PGL nickname
- Registered DOB, starting with the year
- The country you live in
- Current Game Card in use
- Currently registered Game Sync ID

When deletion of the registered Game Sync ID is completed, we will reply to your question. Then please register your new Game Sync ID.
http://support.pokemon.com/ics/suppo...questionID=334

Thanks for the help guys, I just contacted Pokemon.com about the issue so hopefully it's resolved soon.

Old January 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
So besides the Memory Link, there's nothing else that affects which game version you bought before?
There are really minor things like a medal for connecting to the opposite shaded version eg B2 and W2, B2 and W, etc. But nothing major.
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:08 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Does Ev transfer to a pokemon holding Exp Share?
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Does Ev transfer to a pokemon holding Exp Share?
Yes. I made the mistake of saying no to this one day and got corrected.

Cyclone

Old January 4th, 2013, 08:23 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
explains lots of things. Ive been having issues with my EV count
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
explains lots of things. Ive been having issues with my EV count
That would do it.

Just as a note, all participants get EVs. Say you start a battle with Samurott (a la Hikari) and swap to Serperior (no la Hikari), then to Emboar, then to Gothorita, and finally to Minccino, with a Pikachu you imported holding an Exp. Share. All six of them will gain EVs (except when maxed out). Just like all participants get experience, all those also get EVs.

Another example: you have five Lv.1 Pokémon hatchlings, and want to train them. Let's assume you have five Exp. Share items. They all get one. Your trusty (insert your star here) fights an Audino and the others all gain levels. Once again, all six collect HP EVs.

Cyclone

Old January 7th, 2013, 01:54 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Can you change your phrase/title/name in Join Avenue?

Old January 7th, 2013, 02:15 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Can you change your phrase/title/name in Join Avenue?
At lv10 you can change the name. I believe you talk to a person in the office to change everything else.
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:20 PM
jessemkv

I'm confused about IV training, I've read several guides but still a little confused

when you talk to that dude at the battle subway and he judges a pokemon, if he says its outstanding, then that supposedly means that the Pokemon has all possible 31 IV's in each stat right?

but there is a second part, where he will saying something about 1-3 other stats and tell you that they are either fantastic or cant be better in that regard, etc.

so if outstanding means that it has all possible 31 IVs across all the stats, then what does the second part mean?

Old January 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
I'm confused about IV training, I've read several guides but still a little confused

when you talk to that dude at the battle subway and he judges a pokemon, if he says its outstanding, then that supposedly means that the Pokemon has all possible 31 IV's in each stat right?

but there is a second part, where he will saying something about 1-3 other stats and tell you that they are either fantastic or cant be better in that regard, etc.

so if outstanding means that it has all possible 31 IVs across all the stats, then what does the second part mean?
The first thing he says is about the overall total your IVs make up when added together. The second part is about what stat has the highest IV. Can't be better means it has 31 IVs in that stat.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM
masaru3
Chespin, I choose you!

About the Pokémon Global Link...
I participated in the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, I was on 66th place and... I don't have a Custap berry in my promotions page... Why? :/
I've had some disconnects when I was winning (damn those sore losers!), but I didn't disconnect when I was losing. Do you think it might be because of that? Or could it be a glitch or something?.....
Black 2:
5244 5521 1042
◄ Masaru's Dream World Shop ►
Old January 10th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by masaru3 View Post
About the Pokémon Global Link...
I participated in the 2012 VGCS Winter Battle, I was on 66th place and... I don't have a Custap berry in my promotions page... Why? :/
I've had some disconnects when I was winning (damn those sore losers!), but I didn't disconnect when I was losing. Do you think it might be because of that? Or could it be a glitch or something?.....
Check in two hours...or if it's GMT, should be there now and I have no idea.

Cyclone

Old January 10th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Zero Avenged
Not quiting till im the best!

Nature: Brave
Does anyone have AR codes for Instant egg,instant hatch, and a shiny pokemon code? (does trading pokemon from using a shiny pokemon code count as illegal? someone sent me one and I just needed clarification)
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:47 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Avenged View Post
Does anyone have AR codes for Instant egg,instant hatch, and a shiny pokemon code? (does trading pokemon from using a shiny pokemon code count as illegal? someone sent me one and I just needed clarification)
If you're thinking of opening a Trade Shop, the only code that people would accept is the Fast Hatch code. You have to wait for the egg, and are not allowed to hack in shiny pokemon.
But i have a code for the Instant Hatch.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:51 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Avenged View Post
That Pokemom may be legal, but not legitimate. Therefore I would not suggest trading hacked Pokemon. In addition, not only do we frown upon using an Action Replay to obtain shinies here, it us also against our Trade Corner rules.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:45 AM
LordMax
Unhatched Egg

Hi everyone,

At the moment I'm playing Black 2 Version and I according to my Trainer Card my Trainer Class is an Ace Trainer. I accidently tapped my Trainer class to this when changing my Nature. The thing is I don't really want to be an Ace Trainer and I was wandering if there is a way to make my Trainer Class a PKMN Trainer again. Is there anyway I can do this without AR because I am using a 3DS?

Thank you,

-LordMax
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
bulb08
Unhatched Egg

can anyone tell me when can i start trading pokemon on black 2, iv only just started playing it and i wanted to trade my charmander from another game to black, i dont know if thats even possible but id like to know. thnxxxxx
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here