The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:33 PM
wolf

Advertise here

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful nature
- Circle Throw
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Payback
Porygon's Tri Attack fails to 4HKO Throh, while Throh can make a pretty massive dent in Porygon's health before forcing it out with Circle Throw. Or Throh can use Bulk Up four times, then OHKO Porygon. With Guts, Throh can even use Porygon's status to its advantage.
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:06 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
Haunter (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Disable

Haunter can come in on a predicted bulk up or circle throw, set up a sub, then disable payback. Since throh has nothing else to hit it with, haunter can just slowly wear it down with shadow ball
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy

Cinccino @Life Orb
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- U-Turn

Bullet Seed and Rock Blast can break Haunter's sub. Both attacks are a 2HKO too. Haunter has no choice but to switch or go down.
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Forever
let it go

Probopass @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Bold Nature
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earth Power / Power Gem
- Volt Switch

Thanks to high defensive stats, and typing, Probo resists everything Cinccino throws at it, barely leaving a scratch. It can then set up SR or T-Wave the expected Pokemon coming in on it.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:48 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Gurdurr (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Comes in, sponges the T-wave due to guts, takes little damage from earth power/power gem, and threaten to ohko(bar sturdy) with drain punch. can also bulk up or ice punch to predict the switch to *insert pokemon here*.
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Forever
let it go

Musharna @ Leftovers
Trait: Syncronize
240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Heal Bell

Due to the above Gurdurr lacking Payback, Musharna can easily switch in and proceed to set up on it, while taking barely any damage due to the defensive evs and nature, and healing off the damage it does to it. As an added bonus you could also use Rocky Helmet which could hurt Gurdurr on the switch in but w/e suits you! At this point you could proceed to CM for the expected Pokemon that is bound to switch in.
Old October 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Sira420
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Rash
Scyther @evolite
Trait: Idc
252 atk evs, use the rest for either speed ot defensive purposes

Sword dance
X-scissor
(type covrtage)
(type coverage)

I know its stupid to face a wall like musharna with a sweeper but I'm sure scyther can easily set up with a swordance or 2 then proceed to Ohko the female version of hypno ^-^
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira420 View Post
Scyther @evolite
Trait: Idc
252 atk evs, use the rest for either speed ot defensive purposes

Sword dance
X-scissor
(type covrtage)
(type coverage)

I know its stupid to face a wall like musharna with a sweeper but I'm sure scyther can easily set up with a swordance or 2 then proceed to Ohko the female version of hypno ^-^
Only problem is Scyther is in RU, rather than NU. ;(
Either way I shall still reply!

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Trait: White Smoke
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Due to its high defensive stats it can easily switch into Scyther and proceed to burn it with Lava Plume with a 30% chance of burning so other Pokemon that have low defences aren't threatened, Yawn it out or set up SR for its switch in. However given it's NU that's pretty impossible but still!! n_n
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Zeffy

Ludicolo @Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest nature
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Surf
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Surf should be a KO though I can't say that I'm quite sure since I haven't made any calculations yet.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

&skylight: someone revive nu counter tht mon

Ludicolo (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 152 SAtk / 104 SDef
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Tanks giga drain all day, everyday, recovers with rain dish+lefties+giga drain. Wears the other ludicolo down with LO+ Toxic.

I'd also like to quote something from the Ludicolo analysis by smogon:
"Well, with every set performing nearly entirely differently, there really is just one Ludicolo counter: itself."

Last edited by RandomTrainerWhoCould; November 23rd, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:26 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Duosion

-Calm Mind
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Signal Beam
-Recover
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard

Duosion takes nothing from Scald's burns, Toxic and Leech Seed thanks to Magic Guard and can easily use Ludicolo as setup fodder for Calm Mind. It also has Recover to heal off whatever Ludicolo does to it.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 216 HP/252 ATK/40 Spdef

-Taunt
-Pursuit
-Sucker Punch
-Roar

With this spread, Skuntank will only take 22%-27% damage from a Duosion's Signal Beam that has no SpA investment. In fact, it will only have a 46%~ chance to OHKO Skuntank even with 6 Calm Mind boosts meaning Skuntank can normally always switch in on Duosion comfortably and scare it with Pursuit. Pursuit will deal 50%-60% of this Duosion's health with its particular EV investments if it switches. Taunt blocks Duosion from Recover stalling and setting up with CM.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old November 23rd, 2012, 07:17 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 216 HP/252 ATK/40 Spdef

-Taunt
-Pursuit
-Sucker Punch
-Roar

With this spread, Skuntank will only take 22%-27% damage from a Duosion's Signal Beam that has no SpA investment. In fact, it will only have a 46%~ chance to OHKO Skuntank even with 6 Calm Mind boosts meaning Skuntank can normally always switch in on Duosion comfortably and scare it with Pursuit. Pursuit will deal 50%-60% of this Duosion's health with its particular EV investments if it switches. Taunt blocks Duosion from Recover stalling and setting up with CM.
Roar...?

Nevertheless, Golem has great Defence and there's nothing Skuntank can do to it other than stop it from setting up SR, otherwise Sucker Punch doesn't do that much to Golem, in which it can easily use Earthquake back in return and OHKO it.

Golem @ Leftovers
212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Roar...?

Nevertheless, Golem has great Defence and there's nothing Skuntank can do to it other than stop it from setting up SR, otherwise Sucker Punch doesn't do that much to Golem, in which it can easily use Earthquake back in return and OHKO it.

Golem @ Leftovers
212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
Was just filler, didn't need a 4th move to counter Duosion.

Spoiler:
Sawk @ Expert Belt
Mold Breaker / Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Toxic

Mold Breaker Sawk can come in and take almost no damage from a Sucker Punch while OHKOing with Close Combat. Expert Belts power was enough to give CC a 100% chance of OHKOing this Golem and gives the ability to feign a choice band set.

^Made that before I realized it might not be different enough from the Sawk Forever first used, oops.

Spoiler:
Anyways, a standard Cinccino can very easily OHKO Golem with Bullet Seed, after surviving a Sucker Punch with about 50%~ health left.

Cinccino @ Choice Band
4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Skill Link / Jolly
-Bullet Seed
-Tail Slap
-Rock Blast
-U-Turn

Wait, someone used Cinccino too. ;_; If I think of something else I'll edit again.

Tangela can eat any of Golem's attacks while staying healthy with Giga Drain, which in turn will have no trouble finishing off Golem.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Regenerator / Bold
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Rock
-Sleep Powder
-Knock Off

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud

Last edited by Keiran; November 24th, 2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old December 5th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Tangela @ Eviolite
Regenerator / Bold
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
-Giga Drain
-Hidden Power Rock
-Sleep Powder
-Knock Off
Hypno @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Hypno takes only around 20% from each Giga Drain, allowing it to switch in, use Nasty Plot, use Trick Room and then proceed to 2HKO Tangela without dying, or just all out attack it with Psychic and set up Trick Room, pretty much 3-4HKOing Tangela. Knock Off only does around 7% to it which means it can lose Leftovers and set up NP or TR if it wants and still not die against Tangela.
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Zeffy

Shiftry @Life Orb
Adamant nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Nature Power

252+ Atk Life Orb Shiftry Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hypno: 416-494 (111.22 - 132.08%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Unless Hypno wants to die, it's only options are to switch or use Nasty Plot/Protect. Even if it doesn't switch out, Shiftry's other moves are 2HKO at best.
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post

Shiftry @Life Orb
Adamant nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
~ Swords Dance
~ Sucker Punch
~ Seed Bomb
~ Nature Power

252+ Atk Life Orb Shiftry Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Hypno: 416-494 (111.22 - 132.08%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Unless Hypno wants to die, it's only options are to switch or use Nasty Plot/Protect. Even if it doesn't switch out, Shiftry's other moves are 2HKO at best.

Braviary @ Leftovers
Trait: Defiant
252 HP / 192 SpD / 64 Spe
Careful
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Roost

Seed Bomb only does 24 - 29% so shouldn't break Braviary's Subsitute (nor hurt it much when coming in) and even so it can roost the damage, as Shifty will likely expect it to attack outright and Sucker Punch it. At that time it can Subsitute, Bulk Up, and leave Shiftry to where it was before and then Braviary can Bulk Up, etc, eventually leaving it at +6 and Shiftry at +6. It doesn't even need to Subsitute because Shiftry's Sucker Punch will do less than half damage most of the time.
Old December 28th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Zeffy

Gigalith @Choice Band
Adamant nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
~ Rock Blast
~ Stone Edge
~ Explosion
~ Earthquake

At +0 Atk/Def, Braviary is ohkod by all of Gigalith's move bar Earthquake whilst Braviary can only 6hko. At +6 Atk/Def though, Gigalith is 2hkod with brave bird whilst Gigalith 3hkos without factoring brave bird recoil. It's a suicide mission but meh, can't think of anything else lol

EDIT1: MY CALCS COULD BE WRONG THOUGH I THINK I MESSED UP SOMEWHERE i'mma edit it quick k
EDIT2: fixed, but still a suicide mission rofl
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Forever
let it go

(psych up regirock + physically defensive probopass js. also braviary could Sub or Roost and somewhat stall it out, depending on what it's locked into, so it isn't the safest choice @ Gigalith, while psych up Regirock is uncommon but works well, forcing Braviary to switch or take Recoil [tho I guess Curse Regi could work too], while Probo can paralyse it if it plays well and can keep using Power Gem over and over and only 4hko's iirc? this is just for general information, though!!)

Nevertheless although it's been used before, it fits somewhat well here (it'll be nice to see a different counter from what was used before, though).

Alomomola@Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Scald
~ Toxic

Scald can burn it if it tries to attack outright with Stone Edge, and can recover HP with Protect/Wish and stall out Stone Edge and force a switch, considering it does 50% maximum. Or if it Explodes after SR it's only a 2HKO and it'll survive with a little HP and Gigalith will be dead. Unless the opponent has a Gothorita or a Diglett or a Trapinch to trap it, Alomomola can switch out and regenerate HP to around half ready for its next switch in.
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Zeffy

(Everyone knows about those counters, I wanted to try something a little bit different.)

Frillish @Eviolite
Water Absorb ability
112 HP / 252 Def / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
~ Night Shade
~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Taunt

Frillish can come in on a predicted Scald, proceed with Taunt (with 144 speed EVs and a Jolly nature, Frillish outspeeds rofl), and goes to town. I wouldn't recommend this on actual sets though, just something that outright beats the set given above xD
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Forever
let it go

Vileplume@leftovers
Trait: Effect Spore
252 HP / 208 Def / 48 sPA
Bold
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synethesis

This was done on iPhone hope it's right!! Anyway so Night Shade is all Frillish can do which is a 5HKO-4HKO. Vileplume can recover HP with Giga Drain and ya can 3HKO. :3
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:31 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

WHOATABIRD (Noctowl) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Psycho Shift

Noctowl isn't crap at all! It is extremely effective at shutting down grass types with sleep/double powder. It can switch in and be immune to sleep powder while taking little damage from sludge bomb (calc)
Spoiler:
48 SpAtk Vileplume Sludge Bomb vs 248 HP/252 SpDef Noctowl (+SpDef) : 18.81% - 22.28% (6-8 hits to KO)
and 3hkos most of the time(factoring lefties)
Spoiler:
0 SpAtk Noctowl Air Slash vs 252 HP/0 SpDef Vileplume: 39.83% - 47.46% (3 hits to KO)
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Tman109ner

Ice Cream (Glaceon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Speed
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- HP Ground
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

1 Ice Beam will be enough to take this thing out. Air Slash isn't enough for a kill and the rest of the set poises no threat.

Check Out My RP: Revolution
Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra over on Serebii for the banner.
Old January 19th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Zeffy

Charizard @Life Orb
Blaze ability
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Air Slash
~ Substitute
~ Roost

Charizard outspeeds and can ohko with Flamethrower/Fire Blast.

252 SpA Life Orb Blaze Charizard Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Glaceon: 556-658 (166.46 - 197%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Blaze Charizard Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Glaceon: 704-829 (210.77 - 248.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Old January 19th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Fairy
loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post

Charizard @Life Orb
Blaze ability
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast
~ Air Slash
~ Substitute
~ Roost

Charizard outspeeds and can ohko with Flamethrower/Fire Blast.

252 SpA Life Orb Blaze Charizard Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Glaceon: 556-658 (166.46 - 197%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Blaze Charizard Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Glaceon: 704-829 (210.77 - 248.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Regirock @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
Clear Body
Impish Nature
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake / Ice Punch

No attack calculations. I mean Stone Edge, right?
Regirock's still NU, isn't it? ;w;

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here