The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 28th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Timeboy10
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Timeboy10
actually im more interested in breeding pokemon
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Mysonne
Pokeballin, no testes

1. What section/board are you most interested in?

I'm interested in the battling board, mainly. I always thought it was cool how people could battle competitively with strong EV's Pokemon. I'd really like to learn since I'm at a loss for hobbies. If possible, could I have Forever as a mentor? I read some threads and it seem like they're the best battler here.

2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
Maybe the entertainment one because I like and produce music. I'm also interested in writing Pokemon fanfiction but I probably need some guides to follow. Black and White might be cool also since I just bought the games and want to talk about hem.

3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
Just have fun here and maybe accomplish something battling
Old December 29th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeboy10 View Post
actually im more interested in breeding pokemon
Trade Corner might be your best bet then, we have TwilightBlade and Livewire open for that. ^^

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Avatar & Signature by Achromatic

Last edited by Sheep; December 31st, 2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 05:50 PM
JadedGrizzly
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to JadedGrizzly
Hi Cirno, here is my application

I am mostly into learning about ROM hacking and anyway I can help with it. I am also a bit of a competitive battler so I would like to learn about that section as well if that is okay.

2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about?
Well I guess some one, if they mind, could show me around the Video Game section, since I like video games :D, also, if there is an sort of art type of section, since i like to do things on Photoshop and what not.

I'm not quite sure, I guess debate would be cool, and as always I would like just to chill out, make some new friends and have a good time!

I will sometime be a little inactive sometimes because of school, but I will try to be active as much as I can!

Last edited by JadedGrizzly; December 31st, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old December 31st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Mewtwomew
The fool with the plan

Nature: Gentle
1. What section/board are you most interested in? None in particular. 2. What other sections/boards do you want t venture in and and learn more about? I'd like to explore ALL OF THEEEM 3. Are there any specific things you like to d while you're here? Pixel art, EV training tips, and just battle strategies in general, preesh.
Old December 31st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedGrizzly View Post
Hi Cirno, here is my application

I am mostly into learning about ROM hacking and anyway I can help with it. I am also a bit of a competitive battler so I would like to learn about that section as well if that is okay.

Well I guess some one, if they mind, could show me around the Video Game section, since I like video games :D, also, if there is an sort of art type of section, since i like to do things on Photoshop and what not.

I'm not quite sure, I guess debate would be cool, and as always I would like just to chill out, make some new friends and have a good time!

I will sometime be a little inactive sometimes because of school, but I will try to be active as much as I can!
Atif should be open for ROM Hacking right now as well as PlatinumDude for Battle Center. ^^ Hybrid Trainer and Captain Fabio are open for Video Games too, plus Derozio for Art & Design! Who would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewtwomew View Post
1. What section/board are you most interested in? None in particular. 2. What other sections/boards do you want t venture in and and learn more about? I'd like to explore ALL OF THEEEM 3. Are there any specific things you like to d while you're here? Pixel art, EV training tips, and just battle strategies in general, preesh.
So are you looking for a global mentor? I'm open to mentor you if you're interested, though Leaf Storm should also be open~ take your pick!

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:06 AM
Mewtwomew
The fool with the plan

Nature: Gentle
Ou seem like a good choice. Cirno! I choose you!
Old January 1st, 2013, 08:29 AM
JadedGrizzly
Unhatched Egg

If it is okay, could Atif be my mentor? Thanks, and one other question, when I think I understand one section, would it be possible to select a new mentor to show me around the other parts of PC?
Old January 1st, 2013, 09:00 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
If it is okay, could Atif be my mentor? Thanks, and one other question, when I think I understand one section, would it be possible to select a new mentor to show me around the other parts of PC?
Sadly no, you can't reapply for another mentor afterwards. D: If you'd really like to learn about more than just one part of the site though you can always apply for a global mentor. Should I still contact Atif for you, or do you want to request a global mentor? Leaf Storm might be open right now!

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:15 AM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
1. What section/board are you most interested in? Art with pixels
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? battling + trading
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? meet lots of freinds

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
1. What section/board are you most interested in? Art with pixels
2. What other sections/boards do you want to venture in and and learn more about? battling + trading
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? meet lots of freinds
Derozio is open for the Art & Design section if you'd like, and PlatinumDude for Battle Center as well as Livewire and TwilightBlade for Trade Corner. Take your pick. ^^

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 1st, 2013, 11:27 AM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
platinumdude sounds alright for me

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:32 PM
FlyingGr0ud0n
Unhatched Egg

Hello Im new I love spriting,art design,and playing roms. I know alot about the forgotten games of Konami,SEGA,Nintendo,and many more companies and publishers.
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
JadedGrizzly
Unhatched Egg

I'm fine with whatever Cirno, I don't mind, and could you contact him for me please?
Old January 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofdeath View Post
platinumdude sounds alright for me
I contacted him for you and either he or myself will let you know soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGr0ud0n View Post
Hello Im new I love spriting,art design,and playing roms. I know alot about the forgotten games of Konami,SEGA,Nintendo,and many more companies and publishers.
Are you applying for a mentor or just introducing yourself? If you're introducing yourself, feel free to make an introduction thread. If you'd like a mentor, fill out this form:

Quote:
Quote:
I'm fine with whatever Cirno, I don't mind, and could you contact him for me please?
Sent him a message, we'll get back to you soon! =D

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM
clay10mc
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
I'm really interested in the Pokemon Clubs, so I can make new friends with common interests!
Well, I don't really do competitive battling over Wi-Fi, but I do it on Pokemon Showdown, so that learning about strategies would be really fun!
Well, this answer may not be what this question was referring to, but I would really like to become a well known and great role model for new members in the future!

Gen 6 is here!
Pairs: Gym Leader Jake
Twihiki_Amias
jellicentfan1!!!
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay10mc View Post
I'm really interested in the Pokemon Clubs, so I can make new friends with common interests!
Well, I don't really do competitive battling over Wi-Fi, but I do it on Pokemon Showdown, so that learning about strategies would be really fun!
Well, this answer may not be what this question was referring to, but I would really like to become a well known and great role model for new members in the future!
Sup, Clay? This is Cider from Showdown, btw! I'm glad that you decided to seek for a mentor here, and I'll suggest a few people based on what you filled in your form. c:

AlexOzzyCake is available for Pokémon Clubs if you'd like him to mentor you in that place specifically. You might know him as Squirrel on the server, so I'm sure you guys are already acquainted. :D Also, Forever (~skylight) will also be glad to take you in if you'd like to become more of a Battle Center regular. And judging from what you put in the third question, I'm also here if you'd like a global mentor, of course! Take your pick. :)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 08:02 PM
clay10mc
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lax
Thanks Cid! Well I admire all of them greatly, but I've gotta go with Ozzy!

Gen 6 is here!
Pairs: Gym Leader Jake
Twihiki_Amias
jellicentfan1!!!
Old January 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM
King_21
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
1. What section/board are you most interested in? The General Pokémon gaming discussions because I like to chat about pokemon games.
The Pokémon clubs because I never heard of a such thing before.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Enjoy my time and make lots of friends and of course to gain experience .

Old January 5th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_21 View Post
1. What section/board are you most interested in? The General Pokémon gaming discussions because I like to chat about pokemon games.
The Pokémon clubs because I never heard of a such thing before.
3. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Enjoy my time and make lots of friends and of course to gain experience .
Sydian would probably be perfect for you since she is a mentor for the entire General Pokemon Gaming board. :3 But there's also AlexOzzyCake, who mentors Pokemon Clubs. Who would you like?

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 5th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Matty Mayhem
Matty :3

Nature: Bold
- Advance Generation Games
- Metal and Color Generation Games

- Honestly, I'd love to be able to learn about and stay active in every board. I am fairly interested in the competitive battling section though, since I never really got involved with it and I'd love to learn some strategies and set up my own teams.

- Just be involved with community discussions and make friends. I'd love to get recognized here!
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Sheep
sheep x steven OTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Mayhem View Post
- Advance Generation Games
- Metal and Color Generation Games

- Honestly, I'd love to be able to learn about and stay active in every board. I am fairly interested in the competitive battling section though, since I never really got involved with it and I'd love to learn some strategies and set up my own teams.

- Just be involved with community discussions and make friends. I'd love to get recognized here!
If you'd like a global mentor, Cid should be open as well as myself (Cirno), though we also have Sydian for both Metal and Advance Gen Games. ^^ Battle Center has been pretty popular lately too, and I believe PlatinumDude is open in that area. Take your pick!

club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Matty Mayhem
Matty :3

Nature: Bold
I'll go with you, Cirno.
Old January 6th, 2013, 02:59 AM
King_21
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Sydian would probably be perfect for you since she is a mentor for the entire General Pokemon Gaming board. :3 But there's also AlexOzzyCake, who mentors Pokemon Clubs. Who would you like?
How can I contact Sydian ?
Should I PM her ?
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_21 View Post
How can I contact Sydian ?
Should I PM her ?
Ah, we usually go contact the applicant's chosen mentor ourselves (either I do it or Cirno, immediately after you choose and reply here with your pick) through VM. I'll go do it right now. :3

If the person's available, then they'll immediately send you a PM. :) If not, then we say so here and we proceed to suggest another mentor. ^^;

Sponsored Links