The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Marsoc
Something something darkside

Nature: Brave
Please help. Im at the part in the story where you have to destroy the transmitter in the lighthouse in the orange islands and the part where you have to clear out the crystal cave with marissa's brother but when i enter the cave after battling him i can walk through walls and on the water and there is nobody in there. but when i go into those to caves inside of the cave it is the wifi battle room and when i go onto the starting position my game freezes. If i exit the cave after entering it then marissa's brother is back outside the cave battling that nexus guy.BTW east of Sandytown is alot of tile glitches.

I dont remember what version i am on but i download and installed this mod on 9/22/2012. if that helps.
Pokemon Liquid Crystal.png
Pokemon Liquid Crystal.png

Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM
FIQ

Your version is extremly outdated. Updating will solve all your issues.
Old January 5th, 2013, 08:29 PM
mikefromto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikkatin View Post
You have to start a new game. 2.1 save file is not compatible with the latest version, if i recall right.
Thank you sir you are right and i started over
Old January 5th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
I think you should make the Saturn Leader's team more powerful. At least, the last time I played this hack, he only had Electric type Pokemon with weak moves. You should give him Pokemon of different types, and only 1 Electric Pokemon with a better moveset (For example, if Electabuzz, give it Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, and Brick Break). Because currently, he is pathetic.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
I think you should make the Saturn Leader's team more powerful. At least, the last time I played this hack, he only had Electric type Pokemon with weak moves. You should give him Pokemon of different types, and only 1 Electric Pokemon with a better moveset (For example, if Electabuzz, give it Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, and Brick Break). Because currently, he is pathetic.
What about Saturns ending?
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Marsoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIQ View Post
Your version is extremly outdated. Updating will solve all your issues.
Will i still have my save and story progress?

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
This. Since people are asking, I think it should be changed. I felt it was utterly out of character for both the characters and the game.

I also fixed the word dialogue in that quote cos it was annoying me
Now that I think about it. Jambo is working with Laz on LC. So that is like worth 2 votes.

Making it 5 votes who would prefer the dialogue in Saturns ending to be changed.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
It is recommended to restart the game completely. The save is supposed to be removed by the new build, or something.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 6th, 2013, 01:08 PM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Please help. Im at the part in the story where you have to destroy the transmitter in the lighthouse in the orange islands and the part where you have to clear out the crystal cave with marissa's brother but when i enter the cave after battling him i can walk through walls and on the water and there is nobody in there. but when i go into those to caves inside of the cave it is the wifi battle room and when i go onto the starting position my game freezes. If i exit the cave after entering it then marissa's brother is back outside the cave battling that nexus guy.BTW east of Sandytown is alot of tile glitches.

I dont remember what version i am on but i download and installed this mod on 9/22/2012. if that helps.
Attachment 66959
Attachment 66959
Indeed, you need to update with the latest one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
I put this on my todo list, he should have better team indeed.

Quote:
You just download the latest build, reapply it to a clean fire red, and rename your old save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
It is recommended to restart the game completely. The save is supposed to be removed by the new build, or something.

Cyclone
Just to clarrify this, if you have been using Beta 3.2 or above, or any of the new build you can use your old save. It's anything below 3.2 and you can't.

Just so people know whats going on, the second Orange Island is very near to completion. Just doing the final scripts and maps, and a few more areas before it's finished . Then it will be the 3rd island etc.
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Marsoc

Yeah i did something wrong i messed up. For some reason when i was trying to do the patch it didnt work so i went back to my old patch to see if the worked with my save and it wont even load the save. I still have it so im not to worried about that but i cant figure out how to play on the new patch. When i patched it, it said i patched it successfully sooooooo. HELP!!!
sorry im a nube with this stuff and im sure i will become more organized eventually.

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:43 PM
nellymania
Unhatched Egg

About what percentage is this game done? is it like 90%?
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:10 PM
alienhunterx

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Hey LaZ where is the Form yiou mentioned? Sorry for my lack of concentration!!!:D
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:17 AM
ImSoAwesome
Unhatched Egg

Can someone help me out? im at the Cave of Wisdom and i read the sign & fall thought the hle then when i go to challenge the 1st statue all music stops the pokemon om the statie doesnt match the one i fight and when i beat it the game freezes i cant move or do anything at all
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:05 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Hey i would like to be a trainer in the orange islands.

trainer class - cool trainer
name - SID
beginning dialouge - Where there is a will there is a way and im gonna beat you
losing the battle dialouge - huh i lost ?
final dialouge- maybe having a will is not enough.....

pokemon - slamence,raichu,feraligator

please tell me if iam inserted.... thanks

sako

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:24 AM
chen12
Game On!

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by sako View Post
Hey i would like to be a trainer in the orange islands.

trainer class - cool trainer
name - SID
beginning dialouge - Where there is a will there is a way and im gonna beat you
losing the battle dialouge - huh i lost ?
final dialouge- maybe having a will is not enough.....

pokemon - slamence,raichu,feraligator

please tell me if iam inserted.... thanks

sako
Before posting, read what LAZ posted (you should PM him this FYI)

Favorite Hacks:

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoAwesome View Post
Can someone help me out? im at the Cave of Wisdom and i read the sign & fall thought the hle then when i go to challenge the 1st statue all music stops the pokemon om the statie doesnt match the one i fight and when i beat it the game freezes i cant move or do anything at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post

~Bugs & Glitches~

We make a huge effort to document and fix all reported bugs at some point during development. We can't do that if people don't report them, so here is how to correctly report a bug:

Use the form below as an example:

The current build can be found on the Introduction Text when you begin a new game, on the first page at the bottom. It's important that we get as much information as possible in as easy to read format as possible so we can fix it and release as soon as possible. Here's how not to report a bug:
Spoiler:

hi am playing pkmn liquid crystala nd my starer ail not evovle what do i do i realy want t play more plz help me!
I felt that the request for help deserved this response. The request is very nearly unintelligible (I had to read it more than once to make sure I got the correct gist of it).

If you make your bug reports hard to understand, fail to follow basic sentence structure and grammar, and/or flood it with unnecessary smilies, how do you expect us to do anything about it?
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey LaZ where is the Form yiou mentioned? Sorry for my lack of concentration!!!:D
I am guessing you mean for the trainer request? Go to page 134. On his post there is a bug reports parts. Using one of those methods send him the trainer request.

Also Alienhunter. Since you post here quite often could you please provide your input on the ending to Team Saturns arc please? In the past few pages I asked if Laz was considering changing the ending to Team Saturns arc due to it being silly, out of character, and making the final confrontation rather lackluster. He said he agrees it was silly and said it was confusing but would only change it if enough people thought so as well. Jambo, myself and a couple others would like to see the change he has in mind. However due to this being a major thread a lot of people are (understandably) ignoring the conversation and asking for help, complimenting Laz on this amazing mod, etc. Thus the conversation gets buried under those posts. If it didn't I would not be posting this little bit here.

But since you post here quite often, I think your input would be greatly valued. Same goes for everyone else. We are not talking about him changing anything throughout the story, just the ending dialogue between team Saturn's leader, Silver and Axel. If you agree with us and wish for it to be edited or disagree with us and want it to stay please say so!

Sorry for having to bring this up again Laz. Just don't want it to be forgotten and buried under other posts since it is something that can effect a part of the story.

Last edited by Strikes; January 7th, 2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM
keezy105
Unhatched Egg

hey little help here please! I got the GS ball and im trying to return on the undersea boat thing from the orange islands to see prof oak and it says i just missed the boat i have to wait 10 minutes. i never set the time in the beginning because i was just rapid clicking on turboboost lol and i dont know how to set it (it did say i could set it later). am i stuck now?
edit : btw just to make sure im up to date im on liquid crystal 3.2 and vba 1.8.0 beta 3

Last edited by keezy105; January 7th, 2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: put game versions and emulator ver
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Not An Option
Apparently not

First and foremost, I may be new to this forum but I'm not new to forums at all.
However, I am new to all this.

I'd love to play the game, but I'm stuck here: ...I can't post an image because I don't have 15 posts. Cool beans.

Anyway, I go to start the the game and get the error, "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color."

• I'm using the custom version of VBA
  • I downloaded a fresh/clean copy of Pokemon: Crystal (.gbc)
  • I downloaded a fresh version of the patch from the link and zelda website.
  • Not sure what's causing the error?
  • I do have "turbo mode" set to ON, should I use all normal settings until I actually get in-game?
EDIT: It should be noted that I can go through the entire into of the game with the Professor speaking to you, choosing your gender/name/etc. it's not until the professor says it's time for my own adventure and it shows me in my room that I get that error.

EDIT EDIT: Still happens with Turbo turned on, even though I did get further enough to walk around the room for a second.

Last edited by Not An Option; January 7th, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:13 PM
chen12
Game On!

Nature: Bold
Welcome.
Love that you are trying this game out but FYI you should know that this is a fire red remake of crystal. so download the fire red rom and repatch it. If it still doesn't work, then PM LAZ. Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not An Option View Post
First and foremost, I may be new to this forum but I'm not new to forums at all.
However, I am new to all this.

I'd love to play the game, but I'm stuck here: ...I can't post an image because I don't have 15 posts. Cool beans.

Anyway, I go to start the the game and get the error, "This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color."

• I'm using the custom version of VBA
  • I downloaded a fresh/clean copy of Pokemon: Crystal (.gbc)
  • I downloaded a fresh version of the patch from the link and zelda website.
  • Not sure what's causing the error?
  • I do have "turbo mode" set to ON, should I use all normal settings until I actually get in-game?
EDIT: It should be noted that I can go through the entire into of the game with the Professor speaking to you, choosing your gender/name/etc. it's not until the professor says it's time for my own adventure and it shows me in my room that I get that error.

EDIT EDIT: Still happens with Turbo turned on, even though I did get further enough to walk around the room for a second.

Favorite Hacks:

Old January 7th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Not An Option
Apparently not

Hahaha, let's act like that never happened. Thank you.
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Hahaha, let's act like that never happened. Thank you.
For future reference, it's usually inserted into the thread title somehow. For instance, the thread title now is "FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]".

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM
shoukon15
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, so Im new here and just started playing Liquid Crystal for the first time the other day. I got up to the part where i need the divine bell (whatever its called) from the Ruins of Alph and I cannot get it. I got to the cave and the ??? voice told me to step on the panel in front of me.... but when I do, nothing happens.

From what I understand you're supposed to go back in time blah blah. I did complete all the puzzles prior to this if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be awesome cause im loving this game and want to continue playing!

nevermind.... i got it hahah

Last edited by shoukon15; January 7th, 2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Not An Option
Apparently not

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
For future reference, it's usually inserted into the thread title somehow. For instance, the thread title now is "FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]".

Cyclone
Unfortunately, my eyes saw the title and my mind read "Crystal."

Long day.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Unfortunately, my eyes saw the title and my mind read "Crystal."

Long day.
This can also be an unfortunate happening that I myself can easily fall victim to if my eyes are deceiving me (or, like you, I'm tired).

Cyclone

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links