The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 11th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta

Advertise here
They have confirmed release of international versions for 2013. I don't remember any specific date though if any were said. Apparently you still can't evolve until you beat the main game story. The evolutions we saw in the pre release info were randomly generated pokemon for the magnagate since we apparently can't go in with our teams. Though the new multi player stuff is really cool.
Old December 14th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm looking forward to this Mystery Dungeon so I'm hoping an International release isn't too far into 2013, it just depends on how much is needed to translate. The last MD international release was 6 months after Japan so that would mean the release of this one would be around May but since the release of BW localisation seems to be quicker.

Old December 14th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
The adventure looks cool but...

1.No starter quiz.

2.You can only be Gen 5 Pokemon (except Pikachu but it sucks as well)

So as my starter I'm gonna pick Pikachu I really wanted to be a Riolu or Cyndaquil.

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old December 14th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Squidchan
The Lady Cthulhu

Nature: Lonely
To be honest the starter quiz annoyed me, I wanted to be able to choose my starter. Eventually I looked up guides to 'cheat' the quiz, but I'm happy it's gone. I don't mind that there aren't many starters to choose from as well, considering you just need to finish the main story to change your lead, and that is only slightly less than half the game in previous cases. I'm really looking forward to this though! My husband isn't really, he told me he would help me finish my Pokemon game collection... He may begin to regret that eventually lol.
Old December 14th, 2012, 05:46 PM
The_Consumer

I was hoping for a pre-Christmas release, but oh well .

I am not too pushed over a lack of a starter quiz; if anything it just took over some of my precious playing time and I can't afford that as long as I get Tepig, I'm happy :D
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:57 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I hate the fact that it's mainly just got generation five Pokemon in it, and that you can only pick one of five starters...
I'll miss not being Chikorita...

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old December 21st, 2012, 01:06 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
What do you guys think of the English name, and of the game now that we've seen more? It isn't really a lot different than we expected really, but I think it's looking pretty cool (other than that darn starter quiz, turns out we really only do have 5 choices). I've seen the Japanese commercials and I wonder what they're actually saying, what do you guys think Infinity Gates are? I personally have no idea haha.
Old December 21st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
This game looks really nice and I am actually thinking of getting it. I am not happy about only having a few choices for your starter and partner though. Like...they are really pushing that gen V stuff on us aren't they? I wanna be Eevee. :( Or a better starter. Ugh. Guess I'll get over it. I will probably cheat myself into getting Axew cause I don't care for the other choices.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old December 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I'm only confused on why they would only have 5 choices, I quite liked the andom choices like Riolu/Shinx/Eevee because we couldn't already choose those as our starters. We've had Pikachu as an option a million times but I guess he's only included to people will see it and think Pokemon. (even though it says it on the game?) I guess Axew's there because of Iris but we've already had the option to choose the Unova starters in three other games. =/ Oh well though.
Old December 24th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Rou.Tsuki
It's happy hour somewhere...

Nature: Quirky
Pikachu is a popular icon for the company/game series so I can why they wanted to keep him/her/it in the game. I am sad that there is such a limit to choose from and wish they would include the other types and not just the basic fire/water/grass/electric. Normal, Psychic, Dark, Fighting, etc should get an equal rep in these games, imho. Maybe next time, eh?
My
Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
Friend Safari: POISON - Whirlipede, Kakuna
, and Garbodor
Old December 29th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Khrysta

Has anyone confirmed that you cannot evolve until post story like all other PMD games? I know we were thinking you could evolve before-hand since they showed evolutions going into the gates, but that has been debunked as the Pokemon that enters the Gate is randomly generated, level and all.
Old December 30th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Azure
» We might aswell be lovers on the sun
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Has anyone confirmed that you cannot evolve until post story like all other PMD games? I know we were thinking you could evolve before-hand since they showed evolutions going into the gates, but that has been debunked as the Pokemon that enters the Gate is randomly generated, level and all.
Well I've seen on a few playthrough with people having Level 30+ Pokemon far into the game but they still haven't evolved, so I assume it's the same as always.

Old December 31st, 2012, 10:43 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Spoiler:
I was P oed over how Kyurem killed Hydreigon.

I heard that a Pokemon Death happened.
Old December 31st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Spoiler:

Ehhhh?! Cool! Not really...I don't want to cry like I cried when Xion died in Kingdom hearts.

Old December 31st, 2012, 09:43 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanix769 View Post
Spoiler:

Gengar dies in the original PMD in place of the player so to speak. He is seen dragging the player back and you never see him after that, which was a subtle hint that he left the living world in your place.
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Quote:
Gengar dies in the original PMD in place of the player so to speak. He is seen dragging the player back and you never see him after that, which was a subtle hint that he left the living world in your place.
Uhh...you SEE him after that. You know he returns, right? It's a after-game. He returns to save Gardevoir so there ya go.

Old January 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Khrysta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate PKMN Trainer Red View Post
Uhh...you SEE him after that. You know he returns, right? It's a after-game. He returns to save Gardevoir so there ya go.
I never got to play after the main story, so no I didn't know about a mission with him. Still doesn't explain why he was in the netherworld with the main character.

Spoiler:
for those who don't know, Hydregon is revived later on and joins your rescue team.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
Schwan
Frontier Brain

Gonna be a great game! I'm pre-ordering it as soon as I can. My buddy and I are so amped lol.
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:47 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
I never got to play after the main story, so no I didn't know about a mission with him. Still doesn't explain why he was in the netherworld with the main character.

Spoiler:
for those who don't know, Hydregon is revived later on and joins your rescue team.
well, for starters, he's a ghossssst typeeeee

They're technically already all dead and stuff, so a trip to the afterlife and back is pretty simple for him

----

Anyways, I think I'm going to get this. Forget my computer and equipment, this is worth it :)

edit: okayyyy

I don't like the name…too "deep". Don't bring infinity into the equation Game Freak please? :) I liked the "Explorers of -----" formula…egh what can I say whatever gets them more money. -1

I don't like the fact that they have only 5 starters, iirc. -2 but then again I haven't played it, so w/e

I love Axew sooooooo much :3 worth is. -1

Also Oshawott so that's another bonus. 0

I've been waiting for another awesome story… 1

no moar Grovyle. sad :( 0

I guess Hydreigon as that character is cool. 1

Full 3D models? 2 yes grovyle. yes grovyle in full 3D and not just pixels.

AR? I guess that it's helping me get used to the 3DS. 2

Is Chun Soft still making this? 2

All in all pretty excited. 2! That's more than 1, my appropriate "approval" scale of new games. So I'm really excited!

Last edited by droomph; January 4th, 2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old January 5th, 2013, 09:13 PM
dcjboi
With Quiet Courage

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to dcjboi
Major possible spoiler at the end of this post. Anyways I feel scared for the gameplay and graphics as I dislike the 3DS altogether and this feels like a risky "improvement" to the series and I would've felt more compelled to play if the graphics were of the 2nd game (Darkness/Sky/Time) but I feel that the story will be great. I also have to agree that they shouldn't have removed the begining quiz and the larger variety of starters, it almost feels like they are trying to showboat the 5th generation/the 3D graphics. If I hear that the gameplay was worst than the first game in the series, I'm afraid I'll have to pass although I know if they keep the same writers, the story will be beyond decent.

Spoiler:
Umbreon and Espeon are a part of the story. Also this will be the first game where they show a pokemon dying (death by being frozen then shattered

Last edited by dcjboi; January 5th, 2013 at 09:19 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here