Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page Help!!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old December 31st, 2012 (01:34 AM).
Team Unova

I am making a pokemon game.
it has an airport but I want it to be accessable after you've obtained a specific amount of gym badges, but I don't know how.
I'm not very good at making events.
I would be very grateful if I would get some help.
Old December 31st, 2012 (03:08 AM).
MOM GET THE CAMERA
Team Kanto

All right, here's what you could do:

1. Create two event pages for the airport; one without a condition for the event to take place and the second with a switch as condition for the event to run. Let's call this switch "A".
  2. On the event page of the Gym Leader where the player receives his/her badge, turn the switch "A" on. If the player defeats the Gym Leader, he/she won't only receive a badge, but the second page of the airport event will also be activated.
On the first page of the event you can use a Show Text command to show a message box saying that the player can't access the airport yet because it's under construction or something. On the second page you can let the player use the airport.

I hope it's clear now, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I'll see what I can do. Also, happy new year ;)
Old December 31st, 2012 (03:53 AM).
Team Unova

thanks mate, I'm going to try that out.
Old January 6th, 2013 (04:34 AM).
Pokémon Island Creator
Team Unova

A better way is to use a Conditional Branch with script condition '$Trainer.badges>=6'. So the first part only works if the player has 6 badges or more. You can change the "6" to any number.
Old January 6th, 2013 (05:53 AM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Team Hoenn

There are default switches already in Essentials which are used to determine when each Gym Leader is defeated. They're used to deactivate any unbattled trainers in their Gyms, plus to open up roadblocks. You can use the appropriate one of those, rather than make a new one.

Sponsored Links