The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
Got a couple questions:

1. Is there a way to make blizzard 100% accurate in hail for fire red? I assume a similar mechanic is already built into the game since Thunder is 100% accurate in rain...
As far as I know, this is already the case. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I am wrong, then it would be simple enough for any ASM hacker to add.

ETA: Here's how to do it:
Spoiler:

Firstly, assemble this code:
Code:
.text
.align 2
.thumb
.thumb_func
.global simpleandcontrary

main:
	push {r0-r1}
	ldr r0, weather
	ldrh r0, [r0, #0x0]
	mov r1, #0x80
	and r0, r1
	cmp r0, #0x0
	beq normal
	ldr r0, move
	ldrh r0, [r0, #0x0]
	cmp r0, #0x3B
	bne normal
	mov r3, #0x64
	b exit
normal:	ldrb r3, [r7, #0x3]
exit:	mov r8, r3
	pop {r0-r1}
	mov r0, #0x0
	str r0, [sp, #0x0]
	mov r0, #0x13
	ldr r1, return
	bx r1
.align
weather:	.word 0x02023F1C
move:	.word 0x02023D4A
return:	.word 0x0801DFD5
And note down the location you inserted it at. Remember to insert it in a word aligned location. That is to say, the END of the insert location must be 0, 4, 8 or C.

Now, take that location, add 1 to it and reverse hex it. So, if you inserted it at 0x80000C, you would use 0D 00 80 08.

Now, in your hex editor, navigate to 0x1DFCA and change the code to:
Code:
01 4B 18 47 00 00 XX XX XX XX
Where the XX's stand for the reversed hex pointer you made above.

That's it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noossab Blue View Post
2. Is there a way to make it hail in-battle when the weather is set to snow in fire red?
I have done this for LC and the 649 patch, so it's possible. Lemme dig up the ASM and instructions for how to do it. I'll edit this post and put it below.

Last edited by Jambo51; January 9th, 2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Adding to answer
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manderek View Post
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum although I've played a lot of hacks and followed this a while. I've started hacking myself, and already done some small things. There are so many tuts out there, I'm kinda lost... I'm hacking a Ruby game, and what I basicly want now, is to edit the main story line. The truck is cursed, I've accepted that. But I hope to achieve that when leaving the truck, you'll end up in Littleroot, which is fine, but then the whole Mom story needs to be changed. I found a script through AM where MOM talks to you the first time, and I'm using PKSV-UI as scripting program since XSE gives a Runtime error which won't be fixed, even after changing my DPI values (windows 7).

Sorry to be such a noob, I've modded some PC games before, but this is a bit more scripting. Main goal of this post: After the truck, I want my own scripts to start, not all the MOM/enter house/set clock scripts etc.

Thanks in advance, sorry for long post/wrong section maybe
Easy enough, go into Advance Map and delete the level scripts that contain what you're trying to remove, then write your own. If you need any help getting it to work, just pm me.

Paired with Simba
Old January 6th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Noossab Blue

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
As far as I know, this is already the case. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I am wrong, then it would be simple enough for any ASM hacker to add.
What I read on Pokemon DB is that this effect wasn't added until Gen 4. This was backed up when my husband experienced a miss in game with blizzard in hail. As I am not an ASM hacker, would you direct me to someone who might be able to help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
I have done this for LC and the 649 patch, so it's possible. Lemme dig up the ASM and instructions for how to do it. I'll edit this post and put it below.
Thanks! I appreciate the help.

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 7th, 2013, 07:55 PM
MattyJ
Serial Procrastinator

Nature: Brave
Hey guys,
A quick question. I'm trying to hack Seadra's evolution in FireRed, to not need an item/trade. I used the Pokemon Editor as part of the GBA Pokemon Game Editor Package, and changed the evolution to Level, at Level 50. However, I've got a Seadra to L50, and it goes to the "Seadra is evolving" screen, but then, this happens:

And Seadra fails to evolve. I tried changing the evolution to Water Stone as well, and the same thing happened. Have I done something wrong? Have I missed something?
CURRENT: GSC Gym Leader Challenge - Clair
----------
Watch this space!!
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyJ View Post
Hey guys,
A quick question. I'm trying to hack Seadra's evolution in FireRed, to not need an item/trade. I used the Pokemon Editor as part of the GBA Pokemon Game Editor Package, and changed the evolution to Level, at Level 50. However, I've got a Seadra to L50, and it goes to the "Seadra is evolving" screen, but then, this happens:

And Seadra fails to evolve. I tried changing the evolution to Water Stone as well, and the same thing happened. Have I done something wrong? Have I missed something?
In Pokemon FireRed, you can only get pokemon other than the original 151 after you get the National Dex. If you really want Kingdra, directly hack in a Kingdra or use a code for getting the National Dex.

Old January 7th, 2013, 08:44 PM
MattyJ
Serial Procrastinator

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
In Pokemon FireRed, you can only get pokemon other than the original 151 after you get the National Dex. If you really want Kingdra, directly hack in a Kingdra or use a code for getting the National Dex.
Ah! That explains the problem! Thank you!
CURRENT: GSC Gym Leader Challenge - Clair
----------
Watch this space!!
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
I'm trying to change items like Metal Coat, etc., to work as evolution stones in Fire Red. I've made all the checks with the necessary tools (changed Metal Coat's field effect, changed Onix's evolution...), and I also followed the instructions in the following posts:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=11
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...3&postcount=37

However, when I click on Onix to use the item, despite the fact it shows the health bar (meaning the item is compatible), the Pokémon doesn't evolve. I haven't been able to figure out why, so I've come here. How can I do it?

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:35 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Someone correct me of I'm wrong, but from what I've heard, there is a special table in the game that only allows the five stones to be directly used on a Pokemon to make it evolve, no matter what field effect you set on another one. I know that many people have been able to change this and I believe I came across a tutorial in the tutorials section on how to do it. So head over there and see if you can find it.

Paired with Simba
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
I'm trying to change items like Metal Coat, etc., to work as evolution stones in Fire Red. I've made all the checks with the necessary tools (changed Metal Coat's field effect, changed Onix's evolution...), and I also followed the instructions in the following posts:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...5&postcount=11
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...3&postcount=37

However, when I click on Onix to use the item, despite the fact it shows the health bar (meaning the item is compatible), the Pokémon doesn't evolve. I haven't been able to figure out why, so I've come here. How can I do it?
I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
I have just answered it before but I will say it again. You need national dex before you can get pokemon other than the original 151 so Onix is not evolving because Steelix is from Gen 2.
Aryan, no offence, but I believe this might be different. I tried to make my Rayquaza evolve into a Lugia with a newly created item and this exact thing happened on Ruby. I have a fully completed 370+ hr save file, with completed National Dex.

This thread is what I found earlier and what I was referring to as a tutorial, look for Jambo51's post.

Edit: Don't know why it deleted the link, here it is: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258012

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; January 8th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
I have the National Dex.

When you don't have the National Dex and you try to evolve a Pokémon into a Johto one, it actually goes into the evolution screen but it blocks the evolution and displays a silent message. In my case, you can't actually use the item to make the Pokémon evolve.

@karatekid552: Jambo51's explanation was fine, but unfortunately I don't know the location of the table in the ROM to update it with other item data, so I'm a bit stuck... Probably needs ASM as well, which I'm not versed in.

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:17 PM
ShikaG
Shadow Seeker

Nature: Timid
Is there any Full video tutorials on how to start scripting & making a game ? for beginners
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:21 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Quote:
I have the National Dex.

When you don't have the National Dex and you try to evolve a Pokémon into a Johto one, it actually goes into the evolution screen but it blocks the evolution and displays a silent message. In my case, you can't actually use the item to make the Pokémon evolve.

@karatekid552: Jambo51's explanation was fine, but unfortunately I don't know the location of the table in the ROM to update it with other item data, so I'm a bit stuck... Probably needs ASM as well, which I'm not versed in.

I know that someone knows the offset, because I have seen at least three hacks with the table changed. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you.

Paired with Simba
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
I know that someone knows the offset, because I have seen at least three hacks with the table changed. Let me do some digging and I'll get back to you.
Will you really do this for me? Hope you are successful. Many thanks!

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaG View Post
Is there any Full video tutorials on how to start scripting & making a game ? for beginners
Go search through the tutorial section, sometimes there are attached videos. Also, there is a 21(?) part youtube set dealing with everything scripting and Advance Map. I have watched many of the episodes and they are pretty good. Just search "pokemon scripting tutorial" in google and you will deffinately find something under youtube.

Paired with Simba
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaG View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu4S2p81eTo

Pokemon scripting tutorial on youtube by foullump. If I can't ever find what I need in diegoisawesomes' XSE tutorial, these videos are my backup plan. Have fun.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

I think my question was missed out, so Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:21 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by (null)
I think my question was missed out, so Do anybody knows How to add Physical/Special Split to Pokemon Ruby?
Just so you do get an answer, and you're not ignored, it is possible. The most recent hack I've seen with it is DarkViolet. If nobody on this thread is able to help you, search for a hack with it in it and contact the creater. They should be able to help you.

Paired with Simba
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:26 PM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
Just so you do get an answer, and you're not ignored, it is possible. The most recent hack I've seen with it is DarkViolet. If nobody on this thread is able to help you, search for a hack with it in it and contact the creater. They should be able to help you.
Um, DarkViolet is a FireRed Hack... xD You must be confused with the R/S/E styled graphics

As far as I know there are some instruction in the thread in the R&D Forum, but the patch is only exclusive for FireRed.

But the graphic split can be easily done, for Ruby.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Quote:
Look in the Nuzlocke forums, I think there's an IPS patch for Ruby there.

It has been done and most moves work, except for Counter/Mirror Coat, which are still buggy.

It would be cool to have it in a hack, but for the standard game I don't know if it's a good idea, because the AI might not handle it properly... AI tends to use the most effective move anyway, though.

Old January 9th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Brane
-

Does anyone have the list of free flags and variables for Fire Red or a link to a thread that does?
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by brane View Post
Does anyone have the list of free flags and variables for Fire Red or a link to a thread that does?
diegoisawesome's tutorial has them listed.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Brane
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
diegoisawesome's tutorial has them listed.
Cheers for that. I scrolled straight past it haha.
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Flame999

Nature: Calm
how to make wild battles like Zapdos and Mewtwo since i want to put them in my hacks of fire red and two hoenn hacks
- New Tiles
- New Trainer sprites
- New Map for Hoenn (replace Sevii islands)
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Gym leaders
Finished making the Hoenn & Kanto Elite four and Champions

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links