Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjboi View Post
Pokemon Mystery Dugeon Sky/Darkness/Time: The gameplay from the first release in the series plus more pokemon more dungeons and a tearjerking plot. Although it's a spinoff, it isn't given the credit it deserved.

*edit* Paper Mario: The thousand year door: favorite game in the mario series and I had to give it to this game that I've replayed 3 times. All the characters are so likable and the plot is enticing to me as well as the plot

Also the Final Fantasy series: I've heard so much about this series that I've just had to play it. It is obviously longrunning and even though I haven't played FF7, it's influence has a wide margin
I absolutely adore Mystery Dungeon, great RPG and spin-off; it made me grow closer to Pokemon, because we see a different aspect of it where you are the Pokemon as opposed to the Trainer thus making it an amazing RPG for me, being a Pokemon fan and all.

As for Paper Mario and Final Fantasy, I am definitely gonna give them both a try, I have read a lot of good reviews that class them as some of the greatest RPGs to date, and by the looks of it, they don't seem too shabby.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Dangelitus

Nature: Modest
according to my tastes, the best RPG was .....

Final Fantasy VIII .
Reason: This was my first RPG that i have played, and i like the combination between magic and technology that have that game. Besides, I loved driving the Ragnarok, and the design of Guardian Forces and the differents ways to obtain them. And the minigame Triple Triad was so adictive, but i still have the random, plus and wall rules.

In the second place i must say that the Dragon Quest 8 that was a nice surprise for me, because the great amount of additional content, like the battles with monster (like pokemon) and the armors, and i like the change of some armors were reflected in the characters when you complete all the set.

And in third place a tie between Chrono Trigger and the Final fantasy VII, because their fantastic stories, and in the case of chrono the posibility of multiple finals.

Special mention for Final Fantasy X for the blitzball minigame, that was a great minigame, even the second time i played that game, the most part of the game i occupied in playing the blitzball and founding character for my team
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:17 AM
QuilavaKing
(>^.(>0.0)>
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to QuilavaKing
Morrowind for sure... or Tales of Vesperia for JRPGs.
#156 :: Quilava

The Volcano Pokemon

Old January 6th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Cirrus
dreaming a transient dream.

Nature: Mild
Chinese Paladin, hands down. (Or "The Legend of Sword and Fairy", I guess, if you know that name instead...) I had the fortune to play the game as a very young child (four years old ... yeah, I started reading early) and it is honestly the game that has affected me the most psychologically - I've replayed it countless times over the years. I honestly hate the TV series, for anyone that has seen it, because it doesn't at all convey the spirit of the game.

~あさきゆめみし君と~

さくらの色 いとしさの花 あさきゆめみし君と
そっとそっと口づけをして 涙あふれてく

pair · in tempore momenti · personal vloid playlist
d.c. ii art assets belong to circus. text: tororo.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here