The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
If anything, I'll probably play 3 first. Since 4 would most likely make more sense to me if I played a Persona game prior to playing 4. Plus, I would get a lot more understanding of the game. Persona has showed that it has many talking points, and I would like to see what all the chat is about :3
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I don't think the plots are in any way related though, kinda like Final Fantasy. I might be wrong though.
PM
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
No, I don't think they are linked at all, but I could also be wrong.

I have so many games that I have in my flat that I want to play, but I don't know where to start! RE6, FarCry 3, FIFA (usual), F1 2013... the list goes onnnnnnnn! Think it is going to be FarCry 3 though! :3
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I have a whole bunch of games that i need to finish.. and i have persona 4 that i need to start since everyone is telling me its so good and i need to play it!
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Spinosaurus

I've still to beat... (but pretty close for all of them)
-Hotel Dusk
-Wario Land 2
-Wario Land 3
-Wario Land 1
-Wario Land: Shake Dimension
-Mario vs Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong 94
-New Super Mario Bros U
-Rhythm Paradise
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Metal Gear Solid 1
-Paper Mario Sticker Star

And I just got Halo 4 and Trauma Team, too. ugh I'm on my ass playing Elite Beat Agents and Wario Land 4 all time.

Now that I think about it, Persona 4 made me waste so much time. I pretty much played it every week after school till dinner till I beat the true final boss. Then I felt empty, and joined the boxing club. I now hate playing games for longer than an hour session after that, which is why I vastly prefer handhelds over consoles. But, it also resulted to that backlog.

EDIT: Know what? Time to finally finish Hotel Dusk, so I can move on to Trace Memory/Another Code...dammit.

Last edited by Spinosaurus; January 7th, 2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Seki
You idiot!

You guys can't beat me in not beating games I haven't even finished Platinum, Black and White 2. Despite buying Platinum like 4 years ago, I lose interest in Pokemon games very quickly.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Spinosaurus

Already beat you, buddy.

Are Pokemon games the only ones you play? No wonder you got bored. I like to vary the games I play. Can't stand playing the same genre for long, with platformers being the only exception.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Yeah, I don't know games to play. So recommend me some, no fps anyway, my mum doesn't likes me to play FPS, speaking of that, am I the only person whose parents doesn't like him/her to play fps games?

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Ahhh Spino your avatar reminds me of the time when I played that game and I got myself trapped so there was nothing I could do but lose and so I had to quit and never played again. :(
PM
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOR(es)LAX View Post
Yeah, I don't know games to play. So recommend me some, no fps anyway, my mum doesn't likes me to play FPS, speaking of that, am I the only person whose parents doesn't like him/her to play fps games?
Well, what do you like? Seeing as you have a DS, you can check this. My personal favorites are Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Paradise, and I'm really loving Hotel Dusk so get those three if you can. You can find all of them dirt cheap. Other games I'd recommend are all Ace Attorney games, 999, Ghost Trick, Mario Kart DS and Mario and Luigi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Ahhh Spino your avatar reminds me of the time when I played that game and I got myself trapped so there was nothing I could do but lose and so I had to quit and never played again. :(
Hotel Dusk? Are you talking about the time where you couldn't go down the stairs because the hotel owner would ask to inspect your items?

You have to hide them, if that's what you're talking about.
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Oryx
Community Supporter

I can't remember offhand. I remember it was something I had to do and I didn't do it and then I saved, and then no matter what I did I couldn't beat it because I would be caught and lose. I tried so many different ways and even looked up guides and all I learned was that there was no way out of the way I had saved myself in. :(
PM
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Spinosaurus

Do you restart the game when you lose? You have to press continue on the game over screen and the game will send you back where you can try again.
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Seems like Toujours was spaced out when playing Hotel Dusk! XD
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
I've still to beat... (but pretty close for all of them)
-Hotel Dusk
-Wario Land 2
-Wario Land 3
-Wario Land 1
-Wario Land: Shake Dimension
-Mario vs Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong 94
-New Super Mario Bros U
-Rhythm Paradise
-Uncharted Golden Abyss
-Metal Gear Solid 1
-Paper Mario Sticker Star

And I just got Halo 4 and Trauma Team, too. ugh I'm on my ass playing Elite Beat Agents and Wario Land 4 all time.

Now that I think about it, Persona 4 made me waste so much time. I pretty much played it every week after school till dinner till I beat the true final boss. Then I felt empty, and joined the boxing club. I now hate playing games for longer than an hour session after that, which is why I vastly prefer handhelds over consoles. But, it also resulted to that backlog.

EDIT: Know what? Time to finally finish Hotel Dusk, so I can move on to Trace Memory/Another Code...dammit.
aaaaaaa Wario Land 4! I've benn playing that for the past few days on my 3DS!

Oh and I've also played Mario Kart Super Circuit but the controls are so loose I can't play it :c
Quote:
Nope, you're not alone. Although once my cousin played Black Ops with me on multiplayer. ofc I sucked, but the biggest thig was that my mom was at his place that day as well. So I wonder...

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Quote:
My parents didn't like me playing those types of games (back then it was GTA for the GBA), but I did a big speech on how the game isn't going to change the way I perceive right and wrong and I know it is only a game; they let me play them after that. *Fist pump*

Anyway, what type of games do you like and what consoles do you have access to? :3
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
aaaaaaa Wario Land 4! I've benn playing that for the past few days on my 3DS!

Oh and I've also played Mario Kart Super Circuit but the controls are so loose I can't play it :c
Wario Land 4 is my favorite game of all time. I'm in the process of getting 100% on Super Hard mode right now, and I'm pretty close and have no problem. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is fighting the bosses while trying to get all treasures.. I bet I'll break against them and start using items.

Mario Kart GBA was my very first Mario Kart game, and man I was pretty addicted to it. Some reason I can't get into it right now on my ambassador 3DS, and my three favorites characters (Bowser, DK and Wario) all are awful in races.

My parents let me play GTA when I was 7. Either they didn't care/know, or they knew I could differentiate fantasy from reality.
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

I think mine were just being over protective, is all. I personally think the whole 'it changes people' with violent games is just rubbish. I get the whole 'it can distort someone's reality', but if they are in that fragile frame of mine from the beginning, then I am sure anything along the same lines will have that same effect; films, TV and so on.
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Spinosaurus

It's a tired subject, and an excuse to gain attention given the popularity of video games in the media today. This is an interesting matter to discuss actually, as video games were viewed as nerdy and unsociable back in the day but only few think that now.

I personally wouldn't let my kids near a game that is grotesque and violent until they're at least 13. That is, if they'd be interested in video games, as I don't plan to shove my own hobby in their throats if not. Some parents do that today, it's a bit unfortunate.
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
My parents didn't really care. Of course the only games I really showed interest in at a younger age was the Tony Hawk games. I still think they wanted me to go outside and be more social than I was though, but I guess they didn't feel like enforcing it.

pairs!
wac!

Old January 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Decided to make a individual thread for this topic, as I thought it would be a good debate! :3
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
My parents didn't like me playing those types of games (back then it was GTA for the GBA), but I did a big speech on how the game isn't going to change the way I perceive right and wrong and I know it is only a game; they let me play them after that. *Fist pump*

Anyway, what type of games do you like and what consoles do you have access to? :3
I should so try doing that. What a good idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinosaurus View Post
Wario Land 4 is my favorite game of all time. I'm in the process of getting 100% on Super Hard mode right now, and I'm pretty close and have no problem. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is fighting the bosses while trying to get all treasures.. I bet I'll break against them and start using items.

Mario Kart GBA was my very first Mario Kart game, and man I was pretty addicted to it. Some reason I can't get into it right now on my ambassador 3DS, and my three favorites characters (Bowser, DK and Wario) all are awful in races.

My parents let me play GTA when I was 7. Either they didn't care/know, or they knew I could differentiate fantasy from reality.
Seeing as it's my first playthrough, I might use some of the items against some of the bosses. I used the Black Dragon assist against the Emerald Passage boss, so it took only one body slam to beat him.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Spinosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Seeing as it's my first playthrough, I might use some of the items against some of the bosses. I used the Black Dragon assist against the Emerald Passage boss, so it took only one body slam to beat him.
You're on Normal right? I don't see any reason to bother with items seeing that they're ridiculously easy to beat. Only one I can see giving you trouble is Aerodent but if you know the trick behind him he's easy. Only in Super Hard do they actually start becoming completely ridiculous.

Also, if you beat the game. Start on Hard mode, and this time, try finding the CDs and getting the golden crown (10000 points on a level) on every level. The game really shines there.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

I think I will have to add Hotel Dusk to my list of games to revisit, as it has been a LONG time since I played it.

Also, this is my 11,000th post! :3
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Hmm...I really should revisit quite a few of my games. I remember there were a bunch of DS games that I started playing but never really got round to finishing...

On that note, any recommended DS games? But nothing too mainstream; not the sort of games that you see floating around bestsellers pretty much everyday.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
There was one I played a while back called Dementium: The Ward. The controls took a little time to get used to though.

I really need to pick up my DS again. I haven't really played it since B/W launched and a little bit after B/W2.

pairs!
wac!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here