Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Gary0ak's Avatar
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Pallet Town, Kanto
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Generation VI, the one thing that's on most peoples mind right now.
The thing on my mind is RSE Remakes. It would be too quick to move on to Gen VI
  #177    
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary0ak View Post
The thing on my mind is RSE Remakes. It would be too quick to move on to Gen VI
As much as I'd want RS Remakes right now, it would be worth the wait to have them fully utilized on the 3DS. There have been two occasions when a Generation has lasted for three years rather than four, I don't think it's too early.
  #178    
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Cerberus87's Avatar
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emrald View Post
This is where many of the Gen 3 fans are coming from. They saw the Remakes of HeartGold and SoulSilver, and said: "Hey, Third gen should get a Remake soon too in Gen 5 or Gen 6". And thus the Speculation of Gen 3 Remakes began.

I started off in Gen 1. I was not impressed with Gen 2. Gen 3 got me back into Pokemon. A different Region and finally different Pokemon, that were not Pidgey's and Rattata's. It had a fresh feel. We finally broke off from the base of Kanto and Johto and were traveling a new land.
I for one loved 2nd gen as well as the originals, because it fixed so much broken stuff and introduced many things like item holding and breeding, things that are pivotal to the game nowadays. To me, 3rd gen felt like, ok, let's totally forget about the old Pokémon, because we've got a new bunch of Pokémon which artistically have nothing to do with the former (not saying they aren't Pokémon... if it's in the game, it's a Pokémon) in a new shiny land far, far away from the old regions. Yet ironically, Hoenn is in the same universe as the old regions anyway (as well as Sinnoh).

Sounds all too familiar. It's what people are saying about Unova nowadays. Except Unova had the benefit of the much improved 4th gen battle system, with the physical/special split, and was freely compatible with 4th gen games, as in you could easily transfer Pokémon over to BW. Whereas in 3rd gen, all my old Pokémon from Gold were put to waste because of system incompatibility. The old Pokémon included in RS weren't all that interesting either. I think only Skarmory was of note.

Doesn't help that 3rd gen is my least favorite set of Pokémon. I always end with the same team, because the options don't appeal to me. The region itself is good, though, despite the excess of water routes and Water Pokémon. There's more to do in Hoenn than Kanto and Johto combined.

The same feeling you have about 3rd gen, I have about 4th gen. I was disappointed enough with 3rd gen that I told myself I wouldn't play a new Pokémon game again, and would stick to the old ones. That is, until I tried Platinum. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend
Wow, you are sadly mistaken. They still sold over 13 million units Worldwide, probably even more than that by now. Yes, they were the worst selling Pokemon games but do you not realize why? R/S were hurt by the GBA which was the worst selling handheld gaming system by Nintendo. If the GB/C was the worst selling system, then its likely that Red/Green and Gold/Silver would have been the worst selling games. R/S were still the highest selling GBA games (with Emerald coming in 3rd), so to say they wouldn't be wise financially is incorrect.

Remakes are easy cash for GF and Nintendo, simple as that. They make a few changes here and there while mainly just updating the graphics.
I must say, the mistaken one is you. Remakes are never easy cash, they have to be very careful when changing something.

You have a conservative remake, like FRLG, and an aggressive remake, like HGSS. FRLG weren't good remakes IMO because they changed so little and the only really new thing was the addition of the Sevii Islands, which I felt wasn't enough. It's almost as if Gamefreak thought the mere idea of a remake itself would sell the game. Well, back then it did, FRLG sold very well, but the games haven't aged very well. They're easily the worst main series games post Advance era. They're a good base for hacks though.

HGSS, on the other hand, had a wonderful base to expand upon. GSC was a project too ambitious for the original Game Boy. If it had originally been made for the GBA, they wouldn't need remakes at all, because Gamefreak could've put everything they wanted there. Instead, the GB limitations left us with a game that was a major breakthrough in the series, yet fell short in many areas. HGSS patched almost everything bad about GSC, and was grounded on 4th gen mechanics. It was one of the best Pokémon games ever, as a result, and you can bet it'll still be a great game in 10 years.

Now imagine if they had just changed "something here and there" in HGSS, as you say, while just updating the graphics. I have no doubt the games would flop. People would still buy them, because, you know, fans are like that, but it would be rated badly and not fare well against Platinum at all.

Hoenn is a difficult game to remake IMO, because Emerald exhausted the possibilities with it. There isn't anything they could add to the game to make a purchase worthwhile. Also, you can get all the Hoenn Pokémon, including the legendaries, in DPPt/HGSS/BW(2). The other remakes were created mainly because you couldn't get many Kanto/Johto Pokémon in RSE and DPPt. If we see something in Hoenn again, it might even be a new adventure.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
  #179    
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:48 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
I must say, the mistaken one is you. Remakes are never easy cash, they have to be very careful when changing something.
I'm sorry, but you are still mistaken. Remakes are MUCH easier cash than brand new games. Simple as that.

Quote:
There isn't anything they could add to the game to make a purchase worthwhile.
Why jump to conclusions like this? They can very easily add extra areas and small islands around the water routes in Hoenn. There are lots of things they can do.

Quote:
Hoenn is a difficult game to remake IMO, because Emerald exhausted the possibilities with it.
I can agree with this, but I still think its possible for them to edit the story around it. I also believe it is possible we could just get an Emerald remake next year in 2014 for Emerald's 10th anniversary. It would save them having to go through the story in R/S to change things and make them fit.

Quote:
The other remakes were created mainly because you couldn't get many Kanto/Johto Pokémon in RSE and DPPt. If we see something in Hoenn again, it might even be a new adventure.
This excuse I see people throw around all the time is what annoys me the most. I'm almost certain most of the Johto Pokemon were available when HG/SS were remade through FR/LG and D/P/P. Kanto Pokemon were also available because of FR/LG. They make remakes for nostalgia and cash, not because 'oh no, so and so pokemon aren't available so lets remake an entire game just so people can get them' - they remake them because of the profit. If you couldn't get many of the Pokemon, they would likely just put a lot of them in the next games instead of making remakes JUST for obtaining Pokemon. I believe its a reason yes, but not the main reason. The main reason = profit.
  #180    
Old January 6th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Regardless of how they make it, I can guarantee you that Ruby & Sapphire Remakes would make millions, any main games that they have made have always sold successfully and I'm sure some of those have flaws.
  #181    
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:28 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I'm thinking it might even more that it's an Eeveelution as according to Pokebeach in twitter they (Masuda or some Gf forget who) asked "How many Eeveelutions are there?" Combine with the focus on eevee in the anime it's likely, especially seeing how basically every eevee seen evolves into a eeveelution eventually such as Gary's and May's (both based on game rivals), so maybe Virgil's (Ash's league rival) will evolve into eevee's eighth form. Or maybe it's new games, and new eevee's and more...now that would be big.
Stand for Life
  #182    
Old January 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Rϵd's Avatar
Rϵd
Ahola Bith
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Midgar
Age: 13
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Well, that's easy to fugure out. It's or the 3D mystery dungeon game to be released on america or Ruby and Sapphire Remakes.


Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server

I am gone bye
  #183    
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Rivvon's Avatar
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I'm thinking it might even more that it's an Eeveelution as according to Pokebeach in twitter they (Masuda or some Gf forget who) asked "How many Eeveelutions are there?" Combine with the focus on eevee in the anime it's likely, especially seeing how basically every eevee seen evolves into a eeveelution eventually such as Gary's and May's (both based on game rivals), so maybe Virgil's (Ash's league rival) will evolve into eevee's eighth form. Or maybe it's new games, and new eevee's and more...now that would be big.
That was the American Pokemon twitter account that made that "trivia" post...and it actually freaked me out after seeing that in 2 days we would be getting not only be getting a major announcement...but an international announcement!

I really can't think of what this could be, honestly. It could be anything. But I'm really, REALLY hoping it's not something minor (like the whole "Masuda is going to announce...!!! ...A Mewtwo Wi-Fi event!!"). The only time I can remember an announcement being made in Japan and International at once was the big reveal of Reshiram and Zekrom (with their names, I believe).

I've learned not to get my hopes up with these kinds of things but honestly I'm far too excited! I don't care if the announcement is gen 6 or remakes or a WiiU game or even a reinvention of the anime as long as it's actually a major announcement and not just some measly Wi-Fi event or the like.
  #184    
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:11 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Why would they announce MD in Japan if it's already out there...that would be the ultimate trolling.

I don't think it's remakes, remakes don't really expand the Pokemon world much which would sort of contradict their Evolving of the pokemon world which sounds like they're going to add something such a new pokemon and region aka new gen. After gen 6 main duo (and possibly 3rd version too) I do.
Stand for Life
  #185    
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:32 PM
franko94's Avatar
franko94
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
I think it will be a virtual console or 3D Classic of Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. The reason I think this is because historically, the only thing that has had a release window within the same month was Pokemon Snap on Virtual Console in 2007. Having an announcement occur in both markets indicates a similar release window. They never release series games at the same time in both markets and, considering rumors of a new Eevee form in ExtremeSpeed Genesect, it seems more likely not to be Virtual Console. That being said, I rate the following in terms of probability out of 10:

Virtual Console: 6/10
Remake of R/S/E: 2/10
Pokemon Snap 2/Pokemon Pinball 3/Pokemon Ranger 4: 2/10
My name is Adam Taylor, I am a writer of various fiction works. If you wish to check out my newest book here it is:

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Ark...rds=B00DAIDXDA

iOS devices can access via apps for either Kindle or Nook

Also, for those of you who like more realistic fiction, on November 28th, my second work Family is Forever comes out.
  #186    
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:58 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Bw and mascots were announced on the same day yet had different release dates. Perhaps Gf seeks to announce games ww on the same day from BW on.
Stand for Life
  #187    
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Dillon_68's Avatar
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
As much as I want it to be R/S remakes, I have a gut feeling that it will be the mascots for the 6th gen games, or at least the names. I think they will be Copper, Bronze or Zinc. Kind of like Gold/Silver.

Edit: Maybe Copper and Tin with Bronze as the 3rd version because Bronze is a mixture of copper and tin.
"Cold-Blooded"
  #188    
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:15 PM
scprepschool's Avatar
scprepschool
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mo f*%#$'n Pallet Town
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
Will it be the 8th in japan in a couple hours?
Friend Code XY: 3625-8233-2439
Safari type: fairy: togepi, jigglypuff,floette

you gotta know that I adore you
  #189    
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:18 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's Avatar
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
If they're doing metals I'll perfer if they were Titanium and Palladium (which irc is quite expensive). However if they plan to have remakes they should proably go with stones (sure LgFg were remade during the stone generation but Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are also colors (well shades of Red, Blue, and Green). Pokemon Amethyst and Cintrine with Quartz as the third. A and C are both forms of Quatz...while Ruby and Sapphire are both Corrundum... however Emerald wasn't called Corrundum so maybe Agate for the third (it contains some Quartz).
Stand for Life
  #190    
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM
MichaelSK16's Avatar
MichaelSK16
Pokemon Connoisseur
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
I'm hoping that it's the remake of RSE. That was the first generation that felt like my generation. GSC came out when I was still too young. RSE was the beginning of my Pokemon life in a way. a remake of the generation that holds a special place in my heart would be so awesome. It would mean the world to me. I don't think it's time for Gen VI yet. I think it'd be taking things too quickly. The eeveelution thing would bee cool. I think seeing a poison eeveelution would be awesome. That would still disappoint me though, simply because I'm so hooked on the idea of an RSE remake.
I don’t know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.”

- Bill Cosby

Last edited by MichaelSK16; January 6th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
  #191    
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM
franko94's Avatar
franko94
Master Trainer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Actually, only the mascots for the games were announced at the same time. The games were announced February 18th in Japan and May 28th in America. Even so, that is not the point I am making. At this time, there is not enough promotion of Generation 6 in Japan to warrant an international announcement of Gen 6. When B/W were announced, Zorua and Zoroark had already been announced and named. The assumed Gen 6 pokemon haven't been announced yet.
My name is Adam Taylor, I am a writer of various fiction works. If you wish to check out my newest book here it is:

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Ark...rds=B00DAIDXDA

iOS devices can access via apps for either Kindle or Nook

Also, for those of you who like more realistic fiction, on November 28th, my second work Family is Forever comes out.
  #192    
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
Will it be the 8th in japan in a couple hours?
No...Like I said. I was watching the stream for 8 AM Japan at 5 PM Central Time Zone in North America. There is a 15 hour difference. It won't be Jan 8th for Americans until anywhere between 2-7 here as that is the morning for some of us.

Its currently 10:22 PM for me so based on what time you see my post was made for your timezone, compare that to mine and then compare that to the time difference I posted to have an estimate of when we'll get the info.
  #193    
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Cerberus87's Avatar
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
I'm sorry, but you are still mistaken. Remakes are MUCH easier cash than brand new games. Simple as that.
Fans will buy stuff regardless of it being good or not, but remakes in general need attention and a special touch that differentiates them from the game they were based upon. I thought FRLG wasn't a good remake because the main story is exactly the same as RGBY (HGSS has a few changes like Safari Zone, kimono girls), and the additions weren't convincing. They couldn't fit Johto in there for timeline reasons, so they created some lackluster islands to amend it. It has some nice touches, but those are mostly after you end the storyline. They're nice games to play, but you won't be missing much if you have played RGBY before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
Why jump to conclusions like this? They can very easily add extra areas and small islands around the water routes in Hoenn. There are lots of things they can do.
Why would they do that? To allow you to catch the same Sinnoh Pokémon you can transfer from DPPt?

That being said, they could add a nice post-game area like the one in Platinum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
I can agree with this, but I still think its possible for them to edit the story around it. I also believe it is possible we could just get an Emerald remake next year in 2014 for Emerald's 10th anniversary. It would save them having to go through the story in R/S to change things and make them fit.
Unlikely, since remakes usually come in pairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
This excuse I see people throw around all the time is what annoys me the most. I'm almost certain most of the Johto Pokemon were available when HG/SS were remade through FR/LG and D/P/P. Kanto Pokemon were also available because of FR/LG. They make remakes for nostalgia and cash, not because 'oh no, so and so pokemon aren't available so lets remake an entire game just so people can get them' - they remake them because of the profit. If you couldn't get many of the Pokemon, they would likely just put a lot of them in the next games instead of making remakes JUST for obtaining Pokemon. I believe its a reason yes, but not the main reason. The main reason = profit.
The Sinnoh Dex in DP actually has very few Johto Pokémon. They added more in Platinum, but it was mostly the ones who got evolutions in 4th gen. You can get more Johto Pokémon after you beat the game, but the point of a remake is to use the region's Pokémon during the main story, which you couldn't in DP because they simply weren't available.

The point you're making applies to 3rd gen remakes as well. You don't need to, as the absolute majority of the Hoenn Pokémon is catchable in DPPt/HGSS, but you can transfer all of Hoenn's Pokémon all the way to 5th gen games by transferring them to a 4th gen game, then once again to a 5th gen one.

And I'm pretty sure FRLG were made only because you couldn't catch Kanto Pokémon in RS (I think it was also the 10th anniversary of the franchise but I'm not sure). There was even basic stuff like Pidgey and Rattata which weren't available in RS without a cheat device prior to the release of FRLG.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Cerberus87; January 6th, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
  #194    
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
scprepschool's Avatar
scprepschool
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mo f*%#$'n Pallet Town
Gender:
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
No...Like I said. I was watching the stream for 8 AM Japan at 5 PM Central Time Zone in North America. There is a 15 hour difference. It won't be Jan 8th for Americans until anywhere between 2-7 here as that is the morning for some of us.

Its currently 10:22 PM for me so based on what time you see my post was made for your timezone, compare that to mine and then compare that to the time difference I posted to have an estimate of when we'll get the info.
I didnt know if anyone had brought it up yet. Thats cool though. If something doesnt develop throughout the night im hopeful their will be news when i wake. I work second shift and probably wont be up till around a normal lunch time.
  #195    
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:16 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Am I the only one annoyed that they haven't told us what time the announcement will be? Do they expect us to sit there all day refreshing the page? A time for the announcement would be nice.
  #196    
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Khrysta
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Gender:
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
Am I the only one annoyed that they haven't told us what time the announcement will be? Do they expect us to sit there all day refreshing the page? A time for the announcement would be nice.
With these type of announcements, they don't tend to give full times. It can appear at any point during the day, not that the Site itself has to be updated right away. The news can be presented in any form of media in Japan, like as a commercial or special episode. Then they will recap the information.

They may not even have a fully detailed report either. They can post a black outline...(I can't spell the S word...sorry XD) and not tell us anything or even pull a Question Mark Board and tell us to watch on Sunday.
  #197    
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:39 PM
P0kelegend
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
Fans will buy stuff regardless of it being good or not, but remakes in general need attention and a special touch that differentiates them from the game they were based upon. I thought FRLG wasn't a good remake because the main story is exactly the same as RGBY (HGSS has a few changes like Safari Zone, kimono girls), and the additions weren't convincing. They couldn't fit Johto in there for timeline reasons, so they created some lackluster islands to amend it. It has some nice touches, but those are mostly after you end the storyline. They're nice games to play, but you won't be missing much if you have played RGBY before.
Your argument is still invalid. Remakes require attention, yes - but not as much as brand new games do. Remakes are much easier money for them whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not saying it is all easy, its probably still a difficult task but it is still much easier than brand new games which require a much more detailed and thought out process as they begin from complete scratch.

Quote:
Why would they do that? To allow you to catch the same Sinnoh Pokémon you can transfer from DPPt?

That being said, they could add a nice post-game area like the one in Platinum.
Isn't it obvious as to why? They always add new areas in the remakes to give some new areas to explore too.

Quote:
Unlikely, since remakes usually come in pairs.
Probably unlikely, but Game Freak surprised everything with B2W2 so you never know. But I do agree, its more unlikely.
  #198    
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Cerberus87's Avatar
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
Your argument is still invalid. Remakes require attention, yes - but not as much as brand new games do. Remakes are much easier money for them whether you want to admit it or not. I'm not saying it is all easy, its probably still a difficult task but it is still much easier than brand new games which require a much more detailed and thought out process as they begin from complete scratch.
I won't say your point is bad, because I see myself agreeing with it. This is Pokémon we're talking about, after all. Fans of any big franchise will buy anything that the franchise owners market at them. So you have a point. Whether it's more profitable or not, I don't know, the labour hours are the same for both cases (original game and remake), maybe the brainstorming phase is different. FRLG and HGSS sold well, too.

I was thinking more along the lines of a movie remake, for example. I remember reading that the "The Omen" 2006 remake was a flop due to many reasons, and one of them was that the film didn't seem to have the director's "stamp" on it, so to speak. So it was basically the same film, just set in modern times with different actors. The differences weren't enough to convince the critics that the remake was worth making.

In the end Gamefreak's interest in the games is to make money and a remake is a possible quick route, but I would like it to be a good game and, more importantly, have a point of existence as well. I played FRLG recently and didn't enjoy it much, because I had played Blue (and Fire Red) millions of times and I felt FRLG simply didn't add anything significant. Hopefully the RS remakes don't incur in the same mistake if Gamefreak ever creates them.

Although for me it was worth playing Fire Red again because Pidgeot was a bit more useful than in 1st gen.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
  #199    
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Dillon_68's Avatar
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
A standalone Emerald remake wouldn't work because it wouldn't have version exclusives. What fun is a game where trading isn't necessary?
"Cold-Blooded"
  #200    
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Platinum Lucario's Avatar
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia.
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Oh my goodness, you just cannot believe how much I've been thinking about Generation VI and how much excitement I've had about it. I would definitely say that Generation VI games probably might be launched during this year. But you think about it, there's several things you've gotta think about. I've been doing alot of thinking to fit the puzzle together to what I speculate what might be in the announcement. Here's the things you've gotta think about:
  • The N saga of the Best Wishes series... just how long will it last? By the looks of it... probably will last 'till June or July 2013 in Japan
  • Game Freak has already stated that Pokémon Black and White will be more faster paced than previous games.
  • Very little in the way of companies are making Nintendo DS games now, even when I check ROM sites... there's only just a few official games apart from ROM hacks and patches. This means that the Nintendo DS has almost come to a close, most people own a 3DS now... even though it's backwards compatible with DS and DSiWare games.
  • Game Freak has already said that they're "Evolving the world of Pokémon in 2013".
  • Alot of people really thought that the Black and White sequels was Pokémon Gray when they really did say that they were Black and White sequels... not better games, but it just shows we really wern't paying much attention, 'cause we were too used to the same pattern that the games are developed. Game Freak has already said that there's no pattern at all when they're developing games.
  • The Pokémon Company got to be able to test the Nintendo 3DS in it's very early prototype stage, this could've been handed down to Game Freak... but we can't be sure if they did or not.
  • Junichi Masuda did indeed announce about a huge "surprising" announcement a while back, but turned out to be a Mewtwo Wi-Fi event.
  • A Generation V game cannot be made for the 3DS when already on the Nintendo DS, because the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and Nintendo Network servers are different. Sure, they use Wi-Fi... but I'm talking about the servers they use. Nintendo Network is a totally different server and games using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection server would be incompatible with a Nintendo Network server. 3DS games can only connect to a Nintendo Network server.
  • The Pokémon Company nowadays intends to surprise their fans, so that it attracts more fans and fans would buy their games and gain so much revenue.
  • Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal of Generation II are the games that only lasted for 3 years before Generation III was made. The first Generation also was short, if you only count Red, Blue and Yellow... it would've been 2 years, but if you only count Red, Green, Blue and Special Pikachu Edition of Japan... it would've been 3 years.
  • The new Genesect movie has announced Genesect's Flying Forme, which has not been programmed in Black Version 2 and White Version 2.

Now think about all those things... and just think what you could piece together into this puzzle.

Here's some speculation:

Hm... let's see... first, the announcement probably won't be as too big as what you'd think it would be. It probably won't be another Wi-Fi event, but probably the revealing of a silhouette of a brand new Pokémon that probably would be set to appear in the new Pokémon games that will come out this year, and by new Pokémon games... I don't mean the spin-off ones or anything. I mean the actual Generation VI that would be on the Nintendo 3DS. While showing the silhouette, they probably will announce a C-Gear skin for the Pokémon that is revealed afterwards.

What do I think the silhouette will be? It probably will be the new Eeveelution that is set to appear in the new Eevee mini-movie. I remember the time when people were speculating the Sky Forme for Shaymin, then eventually it's Sky Forme was revealed. How did people know that it was called the Sky Forme before it was even shown?

Now... looking at the poster for that mini-movie of Eevee. By the looks of that last Katakana character... it seems that Eevee might actually have some "star power". So it might be called Starie, then localized as "Stareon".

For Generation VI, we're really talking about the 3DS now. Even though Game Freak did say that they'd stick to sprites as long as they can, they can't anymore now that the 3DS is out. It would be really hard to give the 3D depth if the characters were still sprites, so they would have to be 3D or it would ruin the concept... Game Freak has no choice. All the Pokémon in the game would have to be 3D models, 'cause they had some 3D models in the scenes in HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2. But this time... I'm sure they'd make everything 3D.

Now that there's a 3DS... it has Augmented Reality on it, it's time to see what it can do in Generation VI, along with it's StreetPass and SpotPass functions.

Generation VI could actually be releasing 3 main games at the same time instead of 2.

We could be seeing new types in Generation VI, I would really love to see new types in the game. They really should bring in a "Light" type, that would fit very well for a new Eeveelution, as well as finally making it possible to give Ghost/Dark type Pokémon a weakness at long last without requiring the use of Lock-on or Odor Sleuth.

But also... I was thinking, what if the games were also a partial R/S/E remake? It probably won't happen, but it would be nice if that happened. But what if you could go to Hoenn 11 years after the events that occurred in R/S/E?

But of course, it would be silly of Game Freak to not release Generation VI this year, 'cause development has almost ended for all DS games, and the new Genesect movie is bound to announce new Pokémon that would appear in the movie a bit later.

Well guys, the excitement is around the corner, currently in Japan it would be 3:05 PM (of the time I posted this post).
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 09:49 PM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.