The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

How do you all go about watching your movies?

Do you purchase DVD or BlueRays? Or do you download them onto your laptop or tablet? Netflix maybe? There are so many various ways to go about watching films these days.

I might be old fashioned, but I watch them on good old DVDs.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm old fashioned too lol. I prefer watching them on DVD and Blu-Ray. Heck even VCR if I own the movies on it

I just prefer having physicial copies of stuffs I buy, and I also collect movies.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Antemortem
NEIGHBORHOOD SUPERHETERO

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
There's this great place where I live called Hastings and I usually rent movies there because they're super cheap and you get store credit for returning them a four days early. Though, I've started streaming a bit more now that we have internet that can sustain such activity, so that paired with Netflix will most likely become my most prominent source of movies.

kawaii in the sheets
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
If not in the theaters, then I guess I just catch movies when they're on tv. Not the best way, since you never know what's gonna be on. I did find Anastasia online though, so I watched that the other day!

Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:39 PM
outfox
in

Send a message via Skype™ to outfox
By calling DVD's old-fashioned you're calling me old. :'(

As a broke college student, anything that costs money is off-limits. So I make good use of the Netflix account I get for free. It's standard for me to watch movies in "nighttime clothes" (to specify beyond that term would be indecent and unlady-like, so I'll spare you the details) with hot tea by my side during winter months and whatever goulash I can muster from the canned goods in the pantry. If I'm feeling particularly rich, I'll order myself a pizza. Either way, a movie without sustenance doesn't feel right. Also, can't forget the grass- never do.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:11 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Generally I don't watch many movies, so if there is something I want to watch, I'll either use my cable's video-on-demand service, or use my sister's Netflix account. I think I own about 5 DVDs and one Blu Ray total, since almost everything now can be found digitally (although I do have a box of about 100+ VHS tapes in my basement somewhere).
Old January 3rd, 2013, 01:42 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I prefer to watch Movies on Youtube if it is on there, if it isn't I'll buy iy from a shop and watch it on my DVD player.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:30 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I'm old school, DVD's most of the time. I don't get what all this Blu-Ray fuss is about, anyone care to explain to me? As far as I understand they can be higher frame rates and more dpi? Anyway, I can't notice the difference Back on topic though, I have recently been downloading movies of Youtube, like Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. That was brilliant.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 09:48 AM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I still watch many movies on DVD - so I can watch them on my PS3 or on my PC or my cheap DVD player. If the movie is available online (like here) see it.
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old January 3rd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

I hardly ever buy a DVD unless it's dirt cheap, mainly because I can either rent it, simply stream it online or watch it on YouTube. It's normally done through streaming though :-)
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:47 PM
Skylands

Nature: Calm
I rent movies through Redbox if they're more recent. Redbox makes you pay a $1 each day you borrow a movie. I generally watch a movie only once, so it's a pretty good deal for me. Watching movies at the theatre has become too expensive now, I visit no more than twice a year.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Esper

Kids today with their blue rays and dee-vee-dees. Back in my day we watched movies on these old things called tapes. They were dark and grainy and if you wanted to watch them again you had to wait ten minutes to rewind them because the last person who watched them didn't do that. Sometimes if you paused them for too long the spot on the movie would get fuzzy, that is, fuzzier than the rest of the movie, which you always had to adjust with the little wheel at the bottom of the VCR. The colors had to be adjusted the same way, but we were happy to have it that way.

I watch them on DVD or Blu-ray if I like them enough to own them. Otherwise I just watch things on netflix or borrow the movies from friends. I also like going to the theatre a lot to see things when they're still being advertised so I don't forget they exist by the time they're available for home viewing.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
I watch them by accidentally catching them on tv. I never buy movies and rarely go out to see any. There are a few movies I actually would like to own, but idk, I would probably never watch them so I'd rather not use my money on them. I only have 4 DVDs, two are musicals, one is the first season of Hey Arnold, and the other is Napoleon Dynamite. Great collection, isn't it?
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Gideon Jeremiah
The giving Pokèmon breeder

Nature: Docile
At papas (or anywhere with a speedy connection), I prefer streaming my movies.

Otherwise, I am happily content with VCR &/or DVD.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:11 PM
stiles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
These days, either at the movie theatre or by myself at night. I don't really watch any tv during the day.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My internet's not good enough to watch/download movies online so I always either watch them in the cinema when released, via a DvD (if the film's good enough to buy!) on the laptop or if they happen to be on TV. Generally I don't tend to watch a lot of movies since I don't have as much access to them as I'd like, but once I get my new TV I think I'm going to go on a HMV shopping spree for some!

Sponsored Links