Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM
von Weltschmerz
the first born unicorn

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
With the advent of new technology, you can now look exactly how you want to look--with no scarring or painful surgery. The only catch is that the process has a side effect and shortens your life by a year for every feature you change. Would you use? And how far would you go?
Being wrong isn't "bad", failing to admit that you are, is.
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Sassy Milkshake
It's ok to cry.

Nature: Sassy
I don't think I could make this decision. At the end of my life I might feel like it's time to go and that one year wouldn't essentially make a difference. On the other hand, life is life, probably wouldn't risk it.

Old January 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't think I would do anything. If the choice remained for all of my life, I might keep myself from ever changing anything. Because I would end up being fed up with life at some point and changing dumb stuff, just to shorten it. Or at least I would be really tempted to.
I am in the process of leaving PC and IRC channels associated with it.
If you wish to contact me, this is my channel:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.systemnet.info&channel=%23SableyeCorner
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 6th, 2013, 07:22 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
No, I'm perfectly fine the way I am. I don't need to change my appeareance whatsoever. Plus I won't even know when I will die, what if I would die in 2 years and I took that surgery? I would have less than a year to live only for one small change. I wouldn't think it's worth it.
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:02 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
No that just seems like vanity to me, I'd just stay good ol' Pikakitten :3 xD
Credit |Kitty Pair | VM/PM | Photobucket | Theme
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Aquanova
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Nature: Relaxed
No, Im just fine the way I am, why should I sacrifice part of my life for beauty, we're all unique, I want to look how I look.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:41 PM
stiles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
Not to sound vain or anything, but if I was looking to change something I don't think one year off my lifespan is going to deter me. Generally speaking we all live to be pretty old these days, to a point where one year isn't asking too much for a flawless surgery.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I would use it to reconstruct my eyebrows, my chin, my jaw, and my nose. I assume even the tiniest change shortens my life? I don't know how long I'm going to live anyway, so chopping off any number of years lower than 10 isn't really that big of a deal to me. That sounds pretty bold of me and like I take life for granted, but whatever.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
The only thing I could see myself changing is my chin...it tenses up when my mouth is closed and makes me look angry. I didn't realize it did that till last year, and I was always wondering why people would look at me when I was thinking about something and I felt like my face was relaxed and they'd say, "Why are you mad? What's wrong?" and I was just thinking "wtf i'm relaxed get your eyes checked" lol :(

I'm too scared to go off changing things though so I'll deal with the chin and just keep my mouth half open a lot...or something.

paired to crono
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Hmm tough to say because i dont know what sort of years will be my last.. will they be lonely or painful? Or happy?

Either way.. i would either change my breasts, height, or skin..but i dont think I'd want to knock off more than a year if even that. I'd say I've probably spent about a year's worth of time feeling absolutely poopy about these aspects of myself anyways.. so in a sense, a year has already been taking off my life just being upset about these things. Why spend even more time brooding over them?

Anyways.. Before maybe a year or so ago, this wouldn't have mattered much.. but when i think of how much time any of us really have..it s a fraction of an eyeblink.. and its hard for me to swallow the fact that it includes time spent with loved ones.
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆

Last edited by Kura; January 7th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I wouldn't change a thing, I'd much rather spend the time living. There are some things that I really hate about the way I look but there's nothing I hate enough to shorten my life by a whole year to change it. A year is a long time and absolutely anything could happen during that time and whilst we only live once (probably!), I'd rather see it out to the end that I'm supposed to rather than risk shortening it at all.
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:25 AM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I wouldn't do it since there is a price I would have to pay for changing. I don't like the idea of reducing my life just so I can change a part of me that I don't like. If it had no consequences , I'd change my voice to make it lower. However, I could never do that if it would sacrifice a part of my lifespan.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old January 7th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I wouldn't do it. I instantly think about not being with other family and friends, I would never change my lifespan for it, only if there were no consequences.

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I wouldn't use that feature, since I'm happy with the way I look now.

Old January 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Esper

I'd like the chance to change things, but I wouldn't want to take years off my life to do it. I'm not totally against shortening my life, but I guess I'd just want a better deal for what I'm giving. Like one year of my life for all the changes I'd want. That's something I could do.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Cordelia
Banned

Life is much more important to me than vanity. I'd rather live longer than sell a year for vanity. You know some people like celebrities would totally buy into this though.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Tranca
Monolith

Nature: Modest
I wouldn't use it. Being vain is bad. Additionally, this doesn't sound like a realistic scenario.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Do teeth count? Because I hate my teeth and would love to get rid of these braces and everything else that is horrible about them. I would probably get rid of a year of life for that. But as for anything else no. i'm fine the way i am.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Mochi

I wouldn't do this at all, there's a lot of other ways to improve appearance that don't have repercussions like that ;(

Besides, I'm really happy with how I look, I've been pretty fortunate as far as genetics go, or at least that's what I like to believe.
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:07 PM
PlatinumDawnFtw
Vocaloid fan~

Nature: Relaxed
I'm probably gonna sound like a shallow idiot for saying this but I probably would use it. I've never been confident with the way I look. Sometimes I fear that with my looks I won't be able to find a girl to love me, and I'll have to spend the rest of my life alone. A few years shorter of a life with a wife > a few years longer life being alone and miserable, imo.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

If I did use that trick, I'd use it on my raccoon-eyes. :\ I have dark lines.
But then my entire face would be unnaturally ugly compared to that area! It would be like an improper fraction.

Plus I don't really mind my face, actually. So no.
Are you sure you want to play this game?
I'm afraid you'd lose
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I would keep one of my lifespan than heal my scarred face, because I want to live longer, even if it means never to find the girl I love because of my face.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old January 10th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I'd change my skin, that's all. I'd just swap out my skin for clearer and nicer skin. I can deal with one year off my life... hoping of course that I will be having a long life. I could live to 86 instead of 87

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 11th, 2013, 09:37 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

HELL YEAH I'D USE THIS. Assuming, though, that I'd have a normal lifespan and not be due to get hit by a bus or something in a year from now or not die of some illness or something.

Honestly, I feel like I'd rather have a slightly shorter life in favour of being totally comfortable in my own body. And I don't feel there's anything vain about going out of your way to make yourself how you want to look. So yeah sure, please do go ahead and take a year or two away to fix the things I feel are my biggest flaws! I'd have slightly fewer years to work with but I'd be living them more happily because of this. I don't think I'd use it to fix more than two or three things, but I'd definitely use it.
WHY DONT U EVEN CHAT ME
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I like the way I am, except for my chin. It looks really ugly to me, but that's just my opinion. I still don't know if I'd go through with it, I'd have to think it out and make sure that I'd be fine with it.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here