Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback & Support
Reload this Page Suggestion Clean Up Styles List

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Feedback & Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Old January 6th, 2013 (05:31 PM).
quixotic
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
This is definitely not something that is necessary by any stretch, but going through the list of styles the other day, it took me quite a while to find a specific style. Obviously this isn't something that people change awfully often, but simply the number of styles available makes it a chore to search out a specific style.

I'm thinking reordering in alphabetical order, or creating segments so the dark themes are together, same with the light and colourful (or any categories you can think of.)

Obviously it isn't a massive deal, but with the lengthy list we currently have, and the prospect for it only to grow, why not get some order? :D

Old January 6th, 2013 (05:45 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
It would be cool to have tags and search by that. Like Nimbasa's Shining Beauty could be tagged "dark", "gen V", "emolga", and "elesa" and then you can search by any of those.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old January 6th, 2013 (05:56 PM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Toujours:
It would be cool to have tags and search by that. Like Nimbasa's Shining Beauty could be tagged "dark", "gen V", "emolga", and "elesa" and then you can search by any of those.
I'm in love with this idea and intend to propose to it over a candle lit dinner later this evening. Having tags to search by would be a wonderful idea as I know I personally have a very hard time choosing styles whilst often looking for a specific theme (eg at first I wanted a theme with Dawn and it took about 10 attempts to stumble across Dimensional Rift), so I'm all for this. Although I think more important than this would be to clean out the current styles list and remove the styles which are now broken and fix the ones which are lacking. There's countless styles in the list that miss out things such as the Blogs section and Moderator Reports etc in the tool bars which often makes me want to switch away from them (this is the only reason I don't use Dimensional Rift any more, I'd love to see it fixed!) and it's really annoying switching to a beautiful style only to find that it's not fully functional, so I'd love to see the list cleared out and fixed up at some point. If this is a viable course of action then I'd be happy to help compile a list of any styles which need amending, but it'd be one heck of a job so it'd be useful to know whether or not this could actually happen first.
Old January 6th, 2013 (06:10 PM).
quixotic
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
I like Toujours' idea better than what I said. See her post. <3

Old January 6th, 2013 (08:51 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
Over at a forum I've seen, there's this huge mess of broken stuff and whatnot from technical issues, what they've done is to have regular members (with good reputation, ofc!) temporarily access the threads and stuff, and change it up to be fixed.

I think this is something what we can try here. Like, maybe have the supporters on the task of adding tags, and fixing and removing things? I know at least I'd be glad to help if told to.

Old January 6th, 2013 (09:00 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Speaking of styles, I was thinking while looking for one (though I know all of them since I've used them all; the list as long as poop) it would be a good idea to maybe prune some of them, at least from public viewing.
Old January 6th, 2013 (09:00 PM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Nature: Timid
This would be a neat idea I think. I stay on the same style though, but for those that like to switch, I think it'd be great. :)

Quote:
I think this is something what we can try here. Like, maybe have the supporters on the task of adding tags, and fixing and removing things? I know at least I'd be glad to help if told to.
Why supporters?

edit: omg nick hahahahaha

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old January 6th, 2013 (09:04 PM).
mmm gurl that 90s
Crystal Tier

Nature: Impish
Because generally they're more trustworthy than some random joe off the interwebs. Not that the normal members are bad, but the people who donate generally aren't looking to be banned. So yeah

or maybe just people that volunteer.

Old January 6th, 2013 (09:18 PM).
staaaaay fresh!
Super Moderator, CS

Nature: Timid
Well, supporters aren't always trustworthy. Neither are mods in some cases. But even still, I would assume staff would do the tagging. There isn't a case I can think of where we rounded up supporters to do our bidding. XD Though volunteering I could see happening. We wouldn't make you guys do that, though. That's mainly what I'm trying to say. XD

trade | challenges | vgm | klippy
Old January 6th, 2013 (09:28 PM).
Crystal Tier

I don't even think staff would do the tagging. That would probably fall onto Audy's hands since he's the one who really manages that.
Old January 6th, 2013 (09:41 PM).
☆ a sky full of stars
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Patchisou Yutohru:
I don't even think staff would do the tagging. That would probably fall onto Audy's hands since he's the one who really manages that.
idk I've taken screenshots for over half of his style things before due to just me being on IRC. He'll probably make whoever's on IRC at the time do it imo.
Old January 6th, 2013 (09:50 PM).
Crystal Tier

You took them and sent them to him and then he added them in, right?
Old January 6th, 2013 (10:10 PM).
satisfaction brought it back
Moderator, CS

Nature: Adamant
I really like this idea. I have found myself on several occasions searching the long list five or six times for a certain style before finding it. And while it's not the biggest problem, or the biggest pain, it'd be nice to have them in somewhat of an order.

Quote originally posted by droomph:
Because generally they're more trustworthy than some random joe off the interwebs. Not that the normal members are bad, but the people who donate generally aren't looking to be banned. So yeah or maybe just people that volunteer.
Well...no. Donating money isn't directly proportional to an individual's trustworthiness. And, there are quite a solid bunch of non-supporters who 'generally aren't looking to be banned.' I'd name examples, but it's not my place.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)