The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Of all the settlements in the Hoenn region, which do you think is (or would make the best) Capital? Which of the settlements would actually be viable as capitals? Why?
And remember, capitals aren't always the biggest cities. Canberra (the capital of Australia) is way smaller than Sydney and Melbourne).
Old January 1st, 2013, 05:53 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
While I believe that Rustboro and Lilycove could make decent capitals due to the size and population of them, I actually think that Mauville might be the best choice to be Hoenn's capital city. It's the closest city to the center of the region, which would make it an easier access point from all sides (rather than someone from say Littleroot or Petalburg trying to get to Lilycove). It also has a bit of an economy going in the games with both Rydel's bike shop and the Game Corner.

The only other option I can think of is Ever Grande City, as the Pokemon League area would make sense as controlling the region. Contradicting it's name though, it isn't much of a city, and with it being located away from the majority of the region on an island, I don't think it would be the smartest location for a capital.
Old January 1st, 2013, 06:06 PM
Alex
Whale & Wasp
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Definitely my fictional city at the end of Route 111 Lilycove. The shipping empire is huge and has been for hundreds of years, and just look at all the greatest cities of the world that were based at the water's edge. (Think Rome, Constantinople, NYC, Singapore, Alexandria, and Honolulu)

I did my time and I want out
So effusive – fade – it doesn’t cut
The soul is not so vibrant
The reckoning, the sickening
Packaging subversion
Pseudo–sacrosanct perversion
Old January 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM
toadhall
Unhatched Egg

Cities don't need to be in the center of a region to be its capital. Take for example London or Washington DC; two metropolises which are nowhere near the center of their respective nations.

However, I do agree Mauville is best as a capital thanks to its economy and can be serviced easily by nearby Slateport city. And if Mauville cannot be Hoenn's administrative capital it can at least be its financial capital, though I guess Lilycove might give it a run for its money.
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I'd say Lilycove, I know that Vaporeon7 said that size doesn't matter but if it did Lilycove is the biggest city, it's near the shore and since Hoenn is mostly water it tends to help, it's also close to the Pokemon League, It hosts contests (In Emerald, it's the only place that hosts contests xD), It has the department store and the Gallery.
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:54 AM
SoliderOfMisfortune
Master in the making.

Nature: Hasty
I think Mauville has an edge when it comes to the underground section.... In time of crisis they could have a way out. That's my opinion. Also economically Lilycove would be pretty well off with all of the attractions.
I beseech thee, grace our humble game
But first, I shall call out thy name
Winged Dragon of Ra!"
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:06 PM
MichaelSK16
Pokemon Connoisseur

Nature: Mild
I think it's Lilycove without a doubt. I just think that with everything being there (giant mart, contest hall, evil people base, the museum, the harbor) there's just so much going for it in terms of social, political, and economic advantages. It's obviously a major shopping center of the region, it has the harbor for imports, it has the history aspect with the museum. Yeah there's no gym to attract people, but there's the Master contest hall. I just feel like it's the ideal manifestation of a capital city.

If I had to choose a runner-up, probably Mossdeep. Idk why, I just feel like it'd make a good capital city. For all we know, that "space center" is actually a national defense base where weapons of mass destruction are being made for defense against the other regions. Or maybe it is a space station, but also a missile launch pad in case of warfare with other regions. If that's the case, I'd want Mossdeep to be the capital because it'd be the last to fall in warfare and at least then they'd have their weapons base until the end.

....I've taken this WAY too far just to make up a case as to why Mossdeep is awesome....

- Bill Cosby
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Isaac
Ahola Bith

Nature: Careful
Haha guys. Where does the president of Hoenn stay? That one who says to you search for Steven. Where? In Rustboro so It's basically Rustboro. BUT in my opinion, it would be Lilycove. Hoenn is a region with so much water, and Lilycove is just like a city island!

Theme | Pairs | PC Battle Server
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Black Mage
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
He's not the president of Hoenn, just of Devon Corporation! In my opinion Lilycove would definitely be the capitol of the region. It's not secluded by woods/caves like Rustboro and honestly Mauville just isn't jumping out to me as a "major" city. Lilycove has the population, the ports, the tourist attractions and the access from all directions that just scream Capitol to me.
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:54 PM
The_Consumer

Tbh I think that if I lived in Mauville city I would probably want to leave the place. The Game Corner may be good towards the city economy, but it could also attract gamblers, drug addicts etc wow I'm really getting into this.

Lilycove City could indeed be the most important city along with Rustboro. Mosdeep City is just a city imo. Slateport is like a seaside resort kind of place, and a big one at that. Sootopolis City is the most isolated of all the cities.

Who is for Fortree being the capital?
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Mauville City seems to be at the heart of it all for me, it's a great little city and I can see it as a Capital for Hoenn.

Old January 10th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
My vote goes to Rustboro. It's where the Devon corporation is and the school. Just cause it isn't the biggest city doesn't mean it can't be the capital.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
I kinda see Mauville as the Las Vegas of the region, not the capital. Similarly, I see Lilycove as the San Francisco of the region. As for the actual capital, my vote goes to Rustboro.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Lady Gaga
♥ paired to Samme!

I say Rustboro, just because of how it looks. All the buildings look so official and boring and there are actual walkway, instead of everyone walking on grass. So thats my guess.
Old January 19th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Qwert0s
Trawler of Webs

Nature: Quirky
I vote that it be in Fortree. That is where the Gym Leaders convened to discuss matters of great importance in Pokemon Adventures Ruby and Sapphire.

Daleks invade Asgard.

When it will be written:

Never.
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Stygian
誰か

Nature: Hasty
Rustboro. It seems so urban compared to the other cities. I know being urban doesn't matter, but I see that the government would be most likely work somewhere urban? :x

· family ·
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Correspondence

I'd have to say Lilycove City because it has more residents and it is quite big.
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:27 AM
C_r_e_a_m_p_u_f_f

Nature: Naive
Rustboro, because of the trainer school and the Devon Corporation. Additionally, there is a gym over there.
Old January 30th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Starry Windy
Osha, Oshawott!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
For me, it would be Lilycove City, because it has Department Store, and it is the center of Pokemon Contest.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Caelus
Gone

I think it could be either Mauville or Lilycove. Mauville is at the center, which is where a lot of capitals are located in, but it doesn't really have much outside of a game corner and a gym. Lilycove makes more sense because of it's size and because it's got the Dept. store and the pokemon contest.

Rustboro and Slateport also make sense to me just because of their size.
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:47 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I choose Slateport. Its got a nice marketplace, and is a nice port town, which seems to be a trait most capital cities possess, or at least that's what I've noticed. There's also a nice museum and other attractions as well, in addition to being a quite large city.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old February 2nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Evey
Female Red

I wonder why people keep saying Lilycove? Its a nice town and all but...it just doesn't have that capital aire to it. Though it does have some cool stuff. Slateport or Maville would be better probably because they are in the center of the largest part of the region, have trade areas, shops, ships, beaches, Pokemon contest, muesems, attractions, and Maville is right near it. Together those two could be capitals together since they are so close. But Rustboro is kind-of located in a not-so convenient area and only has Trainer School and Devon Corporation. Nothing compared to some of the other cities. Mossdeap seams kinda out there though, more of a relaxing scientific area then a capital. Sootopolis is cool but devinatly too ancient and sucluded to be a capitol.
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Isseubnida
I live for the applause

Nature: Jolly
Rustboro would be a neat big-city Capital.
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Ax20414
Unhatched Egg

I'd say either Slateport (the hustle and bustle, the museum, the location, the BIG F****N' PORT).
Old March 24th, 2013, 01:33 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd probably say Rustburo City would be the Capital. It looks like a head of trade and education. Lilycove looks more like a tourist city imo.

Sponsored Links