Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here

Today, information was given on Nvidia's plans to produce their own hand-held console. Full article can be found here.

So, what do you guys think, what do you expect from a console that Nvidia stated took 5 years to develop? Is this a complete surprise to you?
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:27 PM
abnegation
proudly paired with adventure
Community Supporter

I seen Quad Core and got excited. I'm extremely interested and looking forward to seeing who releases games on this. The power alone is enough to make me want it.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

"It is also designed to link to PCs offering access to more powerful games such as those on the Steam library."

Wow, I mean looking at the controller, I don't see why there would be a problem with playing games that have been released on PC, Xbox and PS3, since it has the capabilities to.
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
I'm sort of not surprised, really. When I noticed that Nvidia was making the Tegra processors I had somewhat of a hunch that they'd come to the mobile gaming market truly eventually. This has the potential... if it has a reasonable price.
I have now moved to my new account
TéaQQ for good due to personal reasons.
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:52 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I wonder what kind of games they will release on it.
I'm not really hyped about it, because I don't think I'm going to buy it
But I'm just curious to see what are it's features.
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nvidia please don't go through with this. Just look at how badly Razer's switchblade is selling.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Zet, though, I don't think they would scrap something that took 5 years to develop. It does look pretty promising, the specs and features that it's said to have. I'm not doubting this, if enough people start to realize that Nvidia are working on this console and it is sold around the world in markets, I think it could become a success. As long as the games that are playable are Xbox, PS3, PC games and not DS games, then I think it has a good shot.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

It has the portability of the DS, but enough power to play PC titles, neato. I'm definitely interested in buying this product then if the price is right. :p I have enough electronics to drop on my face while lying around in bed. >:o
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Borderlands 2! I hope this is an insight to the sort of games we will see. Most likely games from the Steam Library and I have seen a fair few images which show a library of games on the console. I am really hyped to know more about this, because it looks like something I would purchase. It's like a portable, hand-held version of an Xbox with all the right capabilities, too!
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Cassino
no

However, it will have to convince consumers that they need a dedicated portable gaming console in addition to their other computing devices.

Hahaha the way this is written... it's true, this device is incredibly redundant for the price range it's likely to hit.
As an aside: I do hope the screen can be oriented parallel to the controls.
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
However, it will have to convince consumers that they need a dedicated portable gaming console in addition to their other computing devices.

Hahaha the way this is written... it's true, this device is incredibly redundant for the price range it's likely to hit.
As an aside: I do hope the screen can be oriented parallel to the controls.
I think the screen will be able to be shifted. It would be a very stupid design if you couldn't, just have a feel of holding your DS with the screen 90 degrees from the controls, incredibly weird. I don't see the actual product not being able to have it's screen shifted since it's a very obvious dilemma and I'm sure testers would recognize the problem.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here