• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

User19sq

I can't wait to get my hands on a Fennekin! Fire-Types all the way!

chen12

Game On!
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
what's with their names? Was the frog like Froakie or something... What are the legendaries called??

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Ahhh normally I hate Fire types but that Fire fox looked freaking adorable! I don't even remember the other two right now though :(

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I actually thought those starters were really cute! They could have worked a bit more on the frog one. I almost always go with the water type and that was disappointing to me. Water starters were always cute, but Gen VI broke the cute streak!

I love the fox and the grass pokémon. I want them both!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
Years
Are there any screen shots available as of yet I rushed home after work but i still missed the announcement so annoyed.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Kinda didn't see half of the introduction of the new Pokemon because I was too busy freaking out, buuttt, the Fire starter looked so amazing! Even though a Fire fox isn't really that original considering we already have Vulpix, I have a feeling I'm gonna like this soo much better. Frog kinda looked a bit ugly but there's gotta be one for every generation :p Chespin was the only one I caught the name of but forgot what it looked like omggg so exited :(((( :)))))

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
The starter Pokemon were a little strange to be honest, but pretty cool. I especially liked the grass Pokemon, it was adorable and did have the appearance of a great battler. However, the only one I'd have to say I'm a tad bit disappointed with is the water-type which closely resembles a frog. It looks sort of, ugly if that's the right word :<, I just don't like its build, colouring or anything much about it which is sort of disappointing to me.

Other than that I'd have to say they've done a fantastic job with the new starters <3, creative and they look like a valuable team member for sure :3.

chen12

Game On!
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
go to the Pokemon Youtube channel for the whole announcement

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I really like Fennekin and Froakie! The grass-type with the cute cactus hat-thing seems like it could have potential when it evolves. Fennekin is definitely my favorite, though! And I'm so glad, because now my Starter Cycle is complete, lol!! :,D

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hmmm...after seeing that...well, maybe a Water-type's not gonna be my pick, 'cause that Water-type looks pretty odd. The Fire-type is looking good...kinda like a mini-Ninetales or something...a nice starter.
I wonder what it'll look like in the real game...it would be awesome.
I'd pick the Fire-type...that one looks good, but let's see if its offensive power's just as good.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I love Chespin and Fennekin. But Froakie is...another frog. It looks like Fennekin might not be part Fighting. I'm hoping they all have unique starter typings!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
ejsljt.jpg
m937ep.png
ioessj.png
It was posted on another thread, just posted it here to let you guys see.

Years
ILOVETHEMALL.
Uh. Well.

Froakie is my least favorite right now but he's already growing on me. I'm definitely going with Fennekin asap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back