The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Urugamosu
Smiles are free, you know~
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
The start of the trailer showed a whole world, bringing some speculation into maybe they added some extra places?

Give your thoughts here!

Adventures, are sometimes even the simplest things.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I reckon it showed the whole world to simply demonstrate that it's the Pokémon series' first worldwide release.

I mean, we've only had 3 other generations before with no other regions featured.

Or this game could be the POKéMON EUROPE WORLD TOUR.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:44 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
No I don't think that it should happen unless they have the game continuing in any other region like G/S/C/HG/SS.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 8th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
There could be two, but I can't see them returning to an older region i.e Kanto.

Old January 8th, 2013, 03:55 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I sincerely doubt it. (Castiel reference right there)
Honestly, the game's graphics look way too advanced and complicated for them to go through the trouble of mapping a whole second region, especially for a release this early. I can't be sure, but like I said, I sincerely doubt it.

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:36 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Unless they were already in production of the game now, I don't think we'll be able to go back to the other regions. Maybe this will take place somewhere around Unova? And base it on another city from USA?
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:41 AM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
I doubt it.

Firstly, if there was going to be two regions in a Pokémon game, I am willing to bet the money I'm saving for a 3DS that they wouldn't make two entirely new regions for the sake of it. There'd be no point.

The whole "returning to past regions" was a trait that I loved in GSC/HGSS, but it's something that will remain exclusive to GSC/HGSS, I think it's safe to say at this stage. Normally saying something like that would depress me, but because B2W2 had the World Tournament, I'm feeling a lot better about a whole new adventure.

With that said, someone brought up the fact that BW was a reboot, we could consider this as the "GSC" to BW. I think that's out the window because of B2W2 though.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Well, if you could, this would be the longest Pokemon game in existence! XD

I loved going back in the previous games to the previous worlds and I would love for that to happen in this one.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM
NG55
Unhatched Egg

The games ARE called X and Y which are coordinates, so it may be something to do the world. Or it's just references the fact that the game is set in France and the X/Y thin was invented by a French guy.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Pokemon Trainer Ethan
Best Friends

Nature: Jolly
They probably won't If they do I would like to see them go to hoenn of Sinnoh since they already did kanto and johto.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

oh god no.

No offense to anyone, Unova was pretty...boring, to say the least? I mean sure, the gym leaders and the characters made the whole region have some sort of colorful flavor to it, there's no doubt about that, but the journey was just less than satisfactory.

The only region that would be worth going back to is Hoenn, and I don't see any distinct connection between these games and the Hoenn region.

In short, I wouldn't complain if they did have this feature, but let the regions be to their respective games.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Since this is based on Europe which has a lot of very small countries I think multiple regions is a possibility but that seems like a stretch. I doubt that other regions will be revisited just yet (but I'm guessing we'll have gen 6 R/S/E remakes) .

I think the two are unrelated.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
dieter57
pokemon master

Nature: Hardy
No I do not think there will be multiple regions in these games. Ass far as the whole world being shown, I believe that's more related to the whole global release and announce of the games. They only gen that has supported the traveling between regions is gen II but that's because it shared so much with gen I.

Look at B/W2 for example. We are able to go to the old part of unova like its a different region in a way. Same with gen IV. We unlocked the battle area to the north. All of these act like "another region" for us to explore. You had to explore all of johto in gen II and they just gave us kanto to explore as an extra area.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Correspondence

I highly doubt there will be travelling between regions but there might be a small region like the Sevii Isles in FR/LG.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Azure Rathalδs
the power within
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I'll echo what glitchguy said.

Maybe another region based on the British Isles for the postgame. Maybe they could have the battle tower/frontier representing the 02 arena and Big Ben?
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

I think it would be cool to see Hoenn. but there is zero chance of that happening
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:19 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I doubt that there would be an extra region. It would be awesome but I can't see it happening. The only reason Gen II had both Johto and Kanto was because it was a direct sequal taking place in a differnt region.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:10 AM
EdwardsNT
Unova League Champion

Nature: Relaxed
Does anyone else want to see returns of old regions? Like in Gen 2 when you traveled back to Kanto and fought the gym leaders there?

Which region(s) would you most like to see return in the new series and why?

It would be way off according to series, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hoenn return. Would be fun to travel back to Hoenn again!
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Merged into the existing thread.
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Esper

While I don't think we'll be seeing other regions, one or two secret areas that aren't on the map would seem to be in keeping with how the games have been made recently. Most likely some characters from older games will make cameo appearances, too. That's all I'd expect really.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Not sure if you mean between past regions or between different new regions (still unknown). If the first one, I barely see it. It won't happen.

Between new regions, it might be a good idea but it isn't convincing at all. You know, new region = new Pokémon.

Anyway, neither the one nor the second are going to happen, so... bah xD

Allez, hop!

Last edited by Xeninacra; January 10th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I'd like to see a past generation, but who knows, maybe we'll get somemthing small like Sevii Islands, or something related.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
While it's a cool feature, I've never liked the whole dual region concept. I always get too bored of the game to pursue another region... namely in GSC/HGSS my save files don't typically make it to Kanto or if they do, I only end up getting one or two more badges before getting completely bored.

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old January 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM
PeaceDarkAngel
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Jolly
I miss the old regions and would love to see them again. Not sure how'd they'd do it though. It's probably not in this game, but maybe someday... WAY into the future. They'll have a game where they put new pokemon mixed with old pokemon in old regions... Would be odd to see, but cool to play.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Though traveling to other regions other than from Johto to Kanto is something I've been wanting to see for a long time, I doubt they'd do it this time around. Heck, maybe they could save such up for Pokemon's 20th anniversary or so. Or, if they get that far, their 50th anniversary. Man, would that be something :B
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links