The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
I wanted to bring this up, since at the beginning of the "big reveal" Pikachu was basically "electrocuting" the Earth...

Do you think this, along with simultaneous releases, means that we can look forward to bigger, more complex ways to connect to other players around the world? Or maybe even just in our vicinity? Is there anything specific you'd like to see?
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
SpotPass + StreetPass = Love

Imagine being able to do stuff like the ol' record mixing via StreetPass? If there's stuff like secret hideouts, they could finally show up without even needing to go to a room!

SpotPass = death of Mystery Gift.

And, because it's on the 3DS, it's gotta have Nintendo Network. What does this mean? Could it mean that we don't need to give away more than one friend code per game? Does it mean that we could use a Nintendo Network ID instead? (I'd hope so.)

Does it mean… DLC?

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:15 AM
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to rainerman3
If they do use streetpass then I'm screwed. :c Since a lot of people in Estonia don't have a 3DS or don't even know about it. So all the streetpass features for me would be locked basically. >:c
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Knowing that we've already heard about the announcement of Pokémon X and Y. I wonder what kind of connectivity on Nintendo Network would you like to see? It could be anything from online battles, trading and even communicating.

Personally I think there'll be randomized battles making a return...

Will the random battles make a return? Please discuss about it.

If there is already a thread similar to this (knowing that I've looked hard enough using the search function), could any staff member please either merge this or close this thread, thanks!

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
It would be cool if one of the streetpass functions allowed you to put up a Pokemon (or egg) to swap with someone else, similar to Kid Icarus's weapon swap.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:31 PM
KazukoHimura
I'm not a punching bag!

Send a message via Yahoo to KazukoHimura
Right now I'm just grateful that with it being 3DS, it'll work with WPA encryption. But then again, if it does streetpass, I'm screwed as well, since most people with DS's in my area are little kids playing games based off cartoons :/

However, I think maybe we can expand on existing features as well.
Huge gijinka fan, and addicted to lab-based stories with them.
My OC is Kazuko Himura, and I swear to god she's an animated actor with a black hole for a stomach.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazukoHimura View Post
Right now I'm just grateful that with it being 3DS, it'll work with WPA encryption. But then again, if it does streetpass, I'm screwed as well, since most people with DS's in my area are little kids playing games based off cartoons :/

However, I think maybe we can expand on existing features as well.
Of note, I would bet that those kids will actually have a 3DS with StreetPass enabled for Pokémon in your area once it comes out. There will be no shame at all with that, I would hope!

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:21 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Maybe a Co-Op Mode?
Or Perhaps a Mode where you can Visit random trainer's Worlds Kinda like an enhanced version of the Feature in Dragon Quest 9
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp
Powered By Kabigon! -The Website Made by me-

Coming Soon!
The Pokemon X&Y Pokemon Outpost
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I want Random's back! I'd love not having to get on the computer every time I want to have a randbat!
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
More than likely... it's going to use StreetPass for random transfers. And of course, it's bound to use Nintendo Network for Downloadable Content and online battling and trading. As well as possibly connecting to Pokémon Global Link, that is if it's confirmed for Pokémon X and Y.

Yep, it's very likely to mean that you no longer have to use game specific Friend Codes anymore, it's all on the one Friend Code on your Nintendo 3DS system.

It's something I'm definitely looking forward to. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:27 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Merged into the existing networking thread.
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:39 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
SpotPass + StreetPass = Love

Imagine being able to do stuff like the ol' record mixing via StreetPass? If there's stuff like secret hideouts, they could finally show up without even needing to go to a room!

SpotPass = death of Mystery Gift.

And, because it's on the 3DS, it's gotta have Nintendo Network. What does this mean? Could it mean that we don't need to give away more than one friend code per game? Does it mean that we could use a Nintendo Network ID instead? (I'd hope so.)

Does it mean… DLC?
Everything Jake has said are things I hope for and believe are true. I'll just end up having my 3DS in my pocket at work and StreetPass everyone who has theirs :3
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:11 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Maybe,both streetpass and Wi-fi have the same features,
if only they knew they would do that.
I hope that everything is not Streetpass,only some ppl in my country have a 3ds.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:02 AM
davyddhowardii
Pokemon World Champion

Has anyone found out if were able to trade from other generations. If so im sure itll be pokemon bw2 or the pokemon 3d pokedex pro
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
There's been no confirmation but I can imagine you would be able to transfer Pokemon from DPPTHGSSBWB2W2 using some in-game method.

Asylum
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Probably, like most other games, you can transfer but not trade. One-way giving Pokemon from BWB2W2 to XY, with no returning of Pokemon. Trading is impossible with new Pokemon being introduced - the code for the Pokemon are not present in the older games.

Not sure how you can trade from a Pokedex though....
PM
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:06 AM
davyddhowardii
Pokemon World Champion

I wonder for pokemon rse you caj use the wireless adaptor
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned or seen this, but, I've read from various articles that it's been clarified from Japanese sources that there will also be an in-game online presence, or possibly one that gathers online data and still uses it when offline, called 'Real Play'.

Quote:
People around the world will be able to simultaneously experience 'Real Play'. The game uses an innovative communication system that makes it feel as if you are playing with other players around the world.
Well, even if it's just a rumor, or not, I'm still kinda confused about that; does that mean we can actually 'travel' with people all over the world, like it was a multiplayer online game? Or.. does that kind of mean that we can gather save files from other players?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:17 AM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Yes, I believe that more new and complex trading methods will be in X and Y. I believe that we will be able to do more on wifi and that we will be able to do things with people on our friends list that have the game. I believe that Streetpass and spotpass will be really helpful in this as well.
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
In the announcement trailer we saw a person running after the male trainer. Is there a possibility that that pokemon x and y is an mmorpg. If so, I would still like a regular offline mode. What aee your opinions.

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old January 21st, 2013, 03:37 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by jov0006 View Post
In the announcement trailer we saw a person running after the male trainer. Is there a possibility that that pokemon x and y is an mmorpg. If so, I would still like a regular offline mode. What aee your opinions.
Its an NPC tag battle most likely. They had people able to follow you in various areas of Gen 4 and 5.
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:47 PM
gutterball
Unhatched Egg

I've always wanted to have pokemon interaction with friends. What if your friends on the 3DS were actually in your game, similar to the underground in dp, however walking around doing their own thing in the same area as you? You could battle, trade, and talk over microphone with your friends that are playing pokemon at the same time! What do you think?
Old January 29th, 2013, 04:27 PM
jellotime91

This is what I'm hoping for:
Optional Co-Op multiplayer where you'd double battle with your friend as a partner, either local or over wifi with friends you've registered. And they could even include voice chat which was implemented in WiFi battles already. You'd also be able to interact with your friends by trading, battling, etc. wherever you choose in the region.

I really really hope this is a thing. It's about time for Nintendo to introduce TRUE interactivity between players. I can't remember the last time I traded a Pokemon with one of my friends, but we all play it. I wonder why! Give us a reason to play together and turn Pokemon back into the reason you snuck your gameboy to school!
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellotime91 View Post
This is what I'm hoping for:
Optional Co-Op multiplayer where you'd double battle with your friend as a partner, either local or over wifi with friends you've registered. And they could even include voice chat which was implemented in WiFi battles already. You'd also be able to interact with your friends by trading, battling, etc. wherever you choose in the region.

I really really hope this is a thing. It's about time for Nintendo to introduce TRUE interactivity between players. I can't remember the last time I traded a Pokemon with one of my friends, but we all play it. I wonder why! Give us a reason to play together and turn Pokemon back into the reason you snuck your gameboy to school!
You mean GF, Nintendo doesn't make the games remember.

Anyways I'll like to see this too, it could be like an expansion of the missions from B2W2 only more intergrated.
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Yamiidenryuu

This is basically what I imagine that "real play" thing is.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here