• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y: Released EVERYWHERE October 2013.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This is a good thing imo. Having everything all at once will make the whole thing feel more real/connected (and also shorten the boring waiting period). This pleases me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'm glad that its being released worldwide.No more waiting period and no more being scared of spoilers.

blue

gucci
Years
I can only assume this means all of the English translation of names, cities etc will come at the same pace as we receive the information.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I didn't see it coming but it's definitely a good thing. Now I won't have to wait for the English release and be spoiled with the Japanese players talking about it. There was alot of thing I knew about Black 2 and White 2 before I even bought it and it was hard to avoid spoilers. I'm thinking worldwide means they'll all be released on the same date so it;'s definitely a good thing.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
It's a new thing that Japan and English version will be releasing at the same time but it's a good thing for us because I think that a very few people knows Japanese except people from Japan but English is talked worldwide. So we don't have to wait for a game of our language.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
My birthday happens to be conveniently located in October, so I am pleased with this.

... Of course, it's October 1st, so I likely won't be getting it for my birthday unless mom takes a rain check on one of my presents, but there's always birthday money.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
They FINALLY did this! Something I noticed was that when it was released in Japan and the ROMs came out that people would get them with the English packs and not buy the game... Hopefully this deters that from happening!

I'm super excited for it though.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
This is certainly something new, but I think it's awesome. Finally, no waiting over a year to play a game I've been anticipating for just as long! No memorizing all of the Japanese information before I have the chance to hear anything in English! No incredible spoilers before I get to experience the games myself! No . . . oh my God, no a lot of things and many other yes to good things!
I think you can tell that I am ever so slightly excited. I'm supposed to be working on stuff in Art right now. Yeah, I shouldn't have logged on to PC. Now there's no way my Art is getting done. @_@ Now to go to lunch next period and gossip with my friend to sound like a pokemon genius! xD

... Of course, it's October 1st, so I likely won't be getting it for my birthday unless mom takes a rain check on one of my presents, but there's always birthday money.

Lol, my bf's birthday happens to be the same day. Thanks, now I'll remember to save enough money to buy the games and a 3DS for him too. xD

blue

gucci
Years
I see it like this:

Japan - Wednesday 16th October 2013
Europe - Friday 18th October 2013
US - Sunday 20th October 2013
Australia - Thursday 24th October 2013

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
This is going to be interesting. Not only do I need to save up for the games but now I need to buy a whole new system since I now have a reason to do so. I'm in desprate need of a job asap because that is sure to put a dent in my pockets. But on the bright side this is AWESOME! I fell in love with Fennekin so That's gonna be my Starter for Pokemon X but now I have to choose between Chespin & Froakie for Pokemon Y.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This makes me happy. At first I was thinking, "Damn, 3DS is region locked so I can't import and have the game early anymore." Then I went to watch the trailer and it said worldwide this October. Had to do a double take at that, haha. This makes me happy though, since the wait won't seem so bad now that it's October 2013 for everyone. It seems like a long way away, but in the last three years, I've really figured out that time goes...waaaay too fast haha. So it'll be here in no time really.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
It seems that game freak has heard our cries! My birthday is in September but I'm sure ill be getting it on the release date his time. Amazon preorder here I come...

Years
A worldwide release in the age of globalization is a nice touch. We can all start the game at the same time, and not have to wait for it to make its way overseas.

Years
Definitely a nice decision to do a worldwide release; the waiting game was the hardest part for me and now we can just get it around the same time as everyone else. No more spoiling it for myself either out of impatience, whoo! :3;

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I have to say this a great thing! I can only think of good things (well, we will all connect at once worldwidely to the GTS or whatever it is called in the new games and the servers will go down lol hopefully, they will be ready for things like these). Eventually we will play at the same time Japaneses do! This is like the dream of any non-Japanese Pokemon fan :D

KazukoHimura

"I guess I'm just a bit hungry..."
Years
Might I add some speculation...

...about why they're able to get the games released at the same time in all areas.

Me and a friend theorized it's because they only had to make 3D models for the new generation. The models in Pokedex 3D Pro are what they're using in X/Y! So they've had months to work on the models XD

Back