The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Actually I could imagine some nifty dual-slot features of having both versions in at the same time.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:13 AM
slayerz96
Flygon Fan

Nature: Docile
Stuff just got real.

Last edited by Jak; January 7th, 2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Please don't bypass the censor.
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon_68 View Post
I'm pretty sure the R/S remakes would be on the 3DS, it wouldn't make since for people who have a DS or DS Lite where they can have both the DS and GBA versions of Hoenn in at the same time.
they won't do that because generation V was made for DS consoles so that means that the remakes should be on DS as well.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
they won't do that because generation V was made for DS consoles so that means that the remakes should be on DS as well.
Finally, someone else with sense.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Correspondence

Unless they are made after Gen VI games, in that case it should be in 3DS since the Gen VI games will probably made in 3DS which would be the right move to make by GF.
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
Unless they are made after Gen VI games, in that case it should be in 3DS since the Gen VI games will probably made in 3DS which would be the right move to make by GF.

Yes indeed, but it is unlikely that GF will remake RS in Gen VI. They can still do it because GF is full of surprises.
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Imo the chance of remakes in this generation are 20 percent as it seems they're rushing to introduce something new new (not new old) for the time being.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:34 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

Quote:
But the DS is basically dead. There are no event Pokemon left to reveal. The year HG/SS came out was also the year they officially revealed Arceus. Genesect was revealed last year, so there are no Pokemon left. Here's a list:

2004: Deoxys and Munchlax were revealed.
2005: Lucario, Weavile, Mime Jr., and Bonsly were revealed.
2006: Manaphy revealed.
2007: Darkrai revealed.
2008: Shaymin revealed.
2009: Arceus revealed.
2010: Zoroark and Victini revealed.
2012: Keldeo, Meloetta, and Gensect revealed.
2013: ????

With the exception of 2011, every year has pretty much given us a new Pokemon. (Though, that was the year they revealed there would be dual movies.) Plus the 3DS will be 2 years old next month. They really need to make the jump soon, because in Sept. the 3DS will be over 2.5 years old. If remakes come to the DS, that would mean we should expect Gen 6 on the 3DS, which by Sept. of 2014, will be over 3.5 years old. That's way to long to wait for Nintendo's 2nd biggest title to officially make it's way to the new console.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
2013, The Evolution of Pokemon: RS remakez is cominnnnn

Seriously I just don't see it at all at this point.
Anyhow 13 hours to go
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I feel like all main series pokemon games should remain on the DS with other games (XD/Colloseum remakes, maybe?) on the 3DS

although, to be honest, it's going to take a lot to top Black and White 2's PWT, Pokestar, Musicals, Battle Subway, etc...
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Aquanova
Shiny Celebi's Alt

Pokemon isn't going to stay on the DS, it is dead, Nintendo currently supports the 3DS and evidently were not very happy with Game Freak for putting BW2 on the DS. A remake of RS is likely but it probably won't be on the DS at this point in time.
Old January 7th, 2013, 04:22 PM
M4
Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!

If this comes out I'm buying it no doubt, and if it comes out on the 3DS I'm buying the 3DS just to play it. This must have been the longest wait of my life.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286185
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:51 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

Ok I still believe we are getting the remakes on the DS tho lol Jk

But now that we have seen what gen 6 looks like I now see a good reason to have RS remakes for gen 6
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Emrald
Togepi

The trailer was awesome! It took me by suprise especially the names! X and Y.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:50 AM
shengar
♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥

Nature: Lonely
So, with the announcement of Gen VI, that we will have our Gen3 remake on 3DS right? Right?

Pokemon is a Japanese RPG Made By a Japanese Developer With Japanese Audience in Mind I tell You
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:52 AM
P0kelegend

I'm not sure if I could imagine remakes in those new style of graphics. Not that it's a bad thing, but to be honest it wouldn't really feel as nostalgic for me without the top view overworld sprite.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I'm sure they will be next in line in the fans eyes but as you've said, I'm not sure if it would have the Hoenn feel to it in these graphics...

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Correspondence

Hopefully GF will find a way to make it all work and imo Hoenn in 3D will be amazing.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Liberal Army
The Emperor of Hoenn

if RS will be remade in this style i don't even want to see the gameplay. The graphics are TOO enhanced. if XY will be released in october, GF can still reveal RS remakes for DS, as they are probably made in Gen V

ENOUGH WITH THE CHALLENGES OK?!?
No wait... There is this one challenge... Check out the Species Challenge for some fun!

Ground Safari with Phanpy, Nincada and ??? (Please add me so you can find out!)
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:38 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
if RS will be remade in this style i don't even want to see the gameplay. The graphics are TOO enhanced. if XY will be released in october, GF can still reveal RS remakes for DS, as they are probably made in Gen V
Sorry to disappoint ya pal, but R/S/E remakes are coming out on 3DS as predicted, they wouldn't go back to an old outdated system, if you don't like the new games thats fine and all but Gen 6 comes first, its a waiting game now.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Emrald
Togepi

I find this a bit funny. GameFreak and Nintendo just announced two brand new games, and we're already speculating what's going to come after they are Released.

But, yah most likely RSE Remakes will come within the next few years. Whether we like it or not. There's no denying Remakes of the older games. Most of the main series games will have at least one recycle.

And RSE and FRLG are up next.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
To be honest, I haven't really been thinking about RS Remakes since the announcement of these two, I'm more interested to see how these turn out.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Tan and Teal
DS ROM Hacker

The whole topic of X/Y is driving everyone crazy, mostly out of excitement, but also shock. Generation V was ABSOLUTELY too short. The release of Gen 6 hasnt happened yet, remember? Only the announcement has been made. Over 6 months later, we will get our hands on those games. They have to go longer because of the international release, sure, but I would've estimated around July for the release. Translating is pretty easy if they can actually make the game in less than a year. So... why is there such a huge gap? It seems unreal that they would announce the game half a year ahead of time. I have a theory. We are still in Generation 5. They could make a Ruby and Sapphire remake within these next 10 months, and still have time to keep their usual pattern. It might not be the best game ever, but I want to see a remake so bad as long as it's in Hoenn, I don't care. I still want it to be good though. This is only my theory, and I understand it may not be too realistic. But I think it's possible.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
OH my god.

I totally need to unsubscribe this thread, cause my head hurts from facepalming so bad.

Otherwise I might go insane if I see another post hoping for remakes through the whole year after what just happened today.

I was wrong. There is no hope for humanity.

Good luck.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
A little disappointed that the announcement earlier today wasn't for 3rd gen remakes, but can't say as I was shocked overall. Realistically, there was no need for 3rd gen remakes at this point, as all of the Hoenn Pokemon could still be transferred from Gen 3 -> 4 -> 5.

That being said, based on some of the early stuff we've seen from Pokemon X and Y, I'd love to see the same treatment given to Hoenn in the future.

Sponsored Links