The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (03:23 AM).
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Just post what kind of new abilities there should be in the new game. I think of a ability called Growth which is just a combination of Chlorophyll and Solar Power.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (06:39 AM).
classiccartoonsftw
Nintendo is for awesome people

I'd like an ability that works just like Intimidate, but lowers Special Attack instead of Attack.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304577

Be sure to check the last page!

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (06:48 AM).
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by classiccartoonsftw View Post
I'd like an ability that works just like Intimidate, but lowers Special Attack instead of Attack.
Yes an ability of that kind would be great(Now Alakazam won't stop us). Also what about an ability Which lowers the pokemon attack after hit by a Physical move?

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (06:59 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Yes an ability of that kind would be great(Now Alakazam won't stop us). Also what about an ability Which lowers the pokemon attack after hit by a Physical move?
That'd be kind of crazy, unless it has contr--actually no I see no benefit to that whatsoever. XD;

But yes the Intimidate one would be nice :3
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (06:28 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I've always thought there should be a special version of Intimidate. And maybe a special version of Plus Power too.
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (08:08 PM).
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
Huge Power, you mean?

Anyway, I'm hoping for a permanent half-effectiveness Miracle Eye, along with a retcon to Scrappy to make it half-effectiveness. The first allows a Dark/Psychic/Fighting trio, the second prevents Scrappy from allowing Ghost/Dark types from being hit super-effectively.

(Foresight, Odor Sleuth, and Miracle Eye themselves would retain their present effects, including the ability to hit Sableye and Spiritomb for SE damage.)

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (08:12 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Why would they depower scrappy? it's fine how it is imo.

I want that special intimidate. Also I want an ability in which the pokemon instantly uses moves that need charging such as Sky Attack and Solarbeam.
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (10:00 PM).
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
OK, here are some really random ideas...
an ability that works like download, except for defense. Like if you sent out the pokemon, it would gain either defense or special defense, depending on which stat is higher for the opponent.
Another random ability is when the pokemon is hit with a move (let's say tackle), then the receiver of the attack will gain in its attack stat by 1, since tackle is physical. And the same for something likw water gun, the receiver gains special attack. It can either work like this up to two times per switch-in, or it can be a +2 on the stat.

Also, I was thinking about Magmaruby's thought of not having to charge, and I was thinking of something kind of similar, but for stat decreases and gains. Now this is really weird, but it's just an idea.
So basically, if the pokemon gets hit with a stat gaining or decreasing move, they all happen at the end of the next turn the stat move was used. So let's say Rattata used Overheat. It wouldn't lose Special Attack until the end of next turn. And the same for gains and increases. But this can easily be abused, I know, as pokemon can use strong moves like Overheat two times before having the lower come in. But yeah, just a weird idea.
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (10:15 PM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceit View Post
Also, I was thinking about Magmaruby's thought of not having to charge, and I was thinking of something kind of similar, but for stat decreases and gains. Now this is really weird, but it's just an idea.
So basically, if the pokemon gets hit with a stat gaining or decreasing move, they all happen at the end of the next turn the stat move was used. So let's say Rattata used Overheat. It wouldn't lose Special Attack until the end of next turn. And the same for gains and increases. But this can easily be abused, I know, as pokemon can use strong moves like Overheat two times before having the lower come in. But yeah, just a weird idea.
That'd be way too strong. ;( I don't think they'd introduce an ability that allows that, MRAS' seems more likely tho!
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (10:28 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
An ability for Poison types that turns rain toxic, damaging any non-poison types and removing its water related benefits.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (10:32 PM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
^ Good Idea. What about a fire Pokemon that stops rain because it turns it to steam before it can hit the ground? Or an ice Pokemon that can change rain to hail because freeze water before it gets to the ground? That would shake up competitive weather a bit.
Old Posted January 8th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Fog Machine - Brings back the fog weather effect from Gen 4. Half the new Pokemon have it as their only ability. Players quit in droves.

Oh Arceus noooo!

But for serious, I wouldn't mind more Lightningrod-esque abilities for the otherwise weak new Pokemon. I mean, heck, Storm Drain made Gastrodon super useful in countering rain teams, why not an ability like that for more weaker Pokemon?

Perhaps an ability that increases accuracy to 100% for damaging moves but puts in a power penalty. Inaccurate moves like DynamicPunch could see limited use outside of No Guard.

Perhaps a randomized and limited Wonder Guard? Perhaps every turn the ability activates and renders the Pokemon immune to blank-type moves for that turn. Maybe a bit subject to RNG, but so is Moody, and it could be interesting.

A reverse Multi-scale, making Pokemon below say... 40% health take less damage. Do you go for an HP balancing act and go for a set with perhaps Reversal or do you play it safe and try to stay healthy?

I think those would be pretty interesting to see.
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (04:39 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
An ability for Poison types that turns rain toxic, damaging any non-poison types and removing its water related benefits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
^ Good Idea. What about a fire Pokemon that stops rain because it turns it to steam before it can hit the ground? Or an ice Pokemon that can change rain to hail because freeze water before it gets to the ground? That would shake up competitive weather a bit.
Omgggg I want these ideas. Especially the hail to freeze water, and the poison rain :3 Imagine what the first one would do to stall teams, oh my God.
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
An Intimidate that lowers the defence or special defence?:D

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (06:21 AM).
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Hm... I'm thinking about an ability which can increase the Accuracy by 1, like how Speed Boost does. I think I'll call that new ability I'm speculating "Sharp Vision".

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
That sounds awesome. Poison types really need something to go there way.
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (06:45 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I've been hoping for a burn variant of Poison Heal since Gen IV, and now seems like a good time to introduce that ability.

Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (06:54 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I've been hoping for a burn variant of Poison Heal since Gen IV, and now seems like a good time to introduce that ability.
I liike if you give it to things uhhh well, grass mons that otherwise have Chlorophyll...? Or maybe that doesn't work out well. XD; Actually I'm not sure what it'd go to really.
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (06:59 AM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'd like an ability that mirrors any stat reductions caused by the foe to be induced back onto the foe.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (07:01 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I wish that there is an ability that is like, an instant perma trick room.

That would be awesome~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (07:01 AM).
Raichupacabra
Villain

This may sound dumb, but an ability that whenever the Pokemon comes out during rain, the Pokemon gains speed by two stages but loses accuracy by one stage. Like they slide on the rain which makes them faster, but since it's slippery they have trouble landing hits.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (07:03 AM).
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Maybe an Ability that reverses the effects of speed reducing moves and increases the user's speed instead.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (07:09 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
I wish that there is an ability that is like, an instant perma trick room.

That would be awesome~
Yeah but way annoying for us who lose to TR a lot. XD; But it'd still be pretty awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raichupacabra View Post
This may sound dumb, but an ability that whenever the Pokemon comes out during rain, the Pokemon gains speed by two stages but loses accuracy by one stage. Like they slide on the rain which makes them faster, but since it's slippery they have trouble landing hits.
idk, that sounds a lot similar to Swift Swim. And that's overpowered enough lmao. :(
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (07:14 AM).
Raichupacabra
Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Maybe an Ability that reverses the effects of speed reducing moves and increases the user's speed instead.
I think Contrarian already does that, but then it's for all stats and it's pretty rare, so I guess that would work out.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old Posted January 9th, 2013 (10:14 AM).
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Hopefully they get creative with the abilities if new ones are to be introduced. I made up a couple of my own that I think sounded kinda cool:

Priority Check - speed cannot be lowered, this pokemon takes half the damage from all priority attacks used against it.

Lockjaw - all biting attacks (Bite, Crunch, Poison Fang, the Elemental Fangs) have an increased critical hit ratio.

Dreamchaser - the user receives half damage from physical attacks while asleep. User's attacks do double damage on a sleeping pokemon.

Free Runner - speed is doubled when HP falls below half.

Cautious - user receives half damage from entry hazards when entering a battle. Hazards cannot be set while this pokemon is in battle.

Those are pretty simple enough I guess. I'd like to see more abilities that focus on damage resistance, or maybe some that are type specific.

*hunting:

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links