Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Blade_of_darkness
War Machine
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness

Advertise here
I don't know about you, Fabio, but the 3DS wasn't that expensive once I got it in Gamestop. The normal ones are going for roughly 150$ a pop, so I can't see why that's not affordable unless they're really poor to begin with.

& even so, it's likely that it'll be brought down further the more time goes by, so we'll never know...

^ The last thing you see before you die ^
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Doubt it. Probably make more money. I wictually be buying a 3DS now just so I can play the games when they come out.
Friend Code - 2251 4942 3229
Friend Safari Pokemon - Abra, Espurr, and Duosion
Pm me with your FC so I can add you if you add me.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

I think Pokemon is a popular enough franchise to attract people to buy the 3DS. I have a friend who says she wants to buy one now, just because these games are coming out. But she also asked for suggestions for other games to get too. I think maybe some people haven't gotten around to buying the system but especially with more than half a year to save up, they are certainly willing to. And of course there are definitely other popular titles that have already gotten people to pick up the system. I think it will do fine. Maybe it won't sell quite as much right off the bat but I think people will still try to get it. It's in freaking 3D after all. lol And besides, if you love Nintendo handheld games (which I assume any player of Pokemon and owner of a DSi or DS or GBA or GBC or whatever actually does) then I would think you wouldn't want to miss out on other great titles as well... There are sequels to many other franchises too, which used to be on the GBA and then the DS and now the 3DS... It just keeps moving forward... I remember when the GBA was brand new... Then the SP came out and I was like, yay no more shoddy worm light that keeps breaking, I can play in the dark all I want!! XD Anyway I think any new system has things that WILL attract people to it. (GBC had COLOR, GBA had a bigger screen, the SP had the backlight, and then the DS had the touch screen, DSi had a better menu and more functions and downloads, and the 3DS has freaking 3D.) It's like... Everything will move forward. It's not the first time Pokemon moved on to another platform. It has multiple times. Since the black and white Gameboy. And I think games like Pokemon can only help the sales of this system. Sure it's expensive but I feel like videogame fans already kinda expect that they have to upgrade their systems every few years... And they know it costs money. I think everything will be fine.
In the process of making a nice avatar. Using the current one because I can. Hello there.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I've had my 3DS for a while, so I'm not worried. XD Though it'll suck that I can't import this time, since the 3DS is region locked. Boo! First time since HGSS that I won't be able to. :( That's okay though, it does get a bit annoying playing in a language you can't read.

About the 3D stuff, I never turn on the 3D anyway except for cutscenes, and if this game is anything like gen V games, then...well, I guess that'll be a good bit that I'm using it. lol

Edit: I just watched the trailers and TBQH MY BODY ISN'T READY FOR CHANGE :(

paired to crono
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I'm sure that MANY people will buy a Nintendo 3DS only because of Pokemon X and Y. I know people who bought a console only because of one game and then they ended up discovering new games which they would have never imagined they would have liked.

And I still don't understand why people will not be able to afford a 3DS. It costs (more or less) the same than a Nintendo DS Lite or a DSi when they came out -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I've had my 3DS for a while, so I'm not worried. XD Though it'll suck that I can't import this time, since the 3DS is region locked. Boo! First time since HGSS that I won't be able to. That's okay though, it does get a bit annoying playing in a language you can't read.
Why? I mean they're coming worldwide.

Allez, hop!
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

I think region lock isn't a big concern this time though... I mean, don't people usually import games for the purpose of playing sooner? You don't even have to do that this time since everyone gets it the same day. (Well, okay, people in earlier timezones probably get it a couple hours earlier, big whoop. Importing a game takes time to ship anyway. XD) Also, imported games, from my experience, are a LOT more expensive than buying your own region's game. I mean I guess if you want the Japanese (or whatever language) game for other reasons... But I think it's not that big of a concern, specifically because of the simultaneous release worldwide.
In the process of making a nice avatar. Using the current one because I can. Hello there.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
It seems pretty unlikely this time, but people might be interested if the English version for example is missing a feature from the Japanese version, or the UK version is missing a feature from the American version.

Let's hope that Pokémon doesn't have multiplayer region lock like Nintendo itself is hell-bent on doing. Those idiots.
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

When X & Y release in October, the 3DS will have been on market for roughly 2 and a half years. I think that the 3DS has sold much more than enough to warrant a main series release on the console.

Infact, personally I think that Black/White should have been released on the 3DS in the first place as a launch window, seeing as X & Y will make Gen V the shortest generation.

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

I don't think B2/W2 should have been on the 3DS, but it was only a matter of time before it came to the 3DS. A new generation is the right way to go, we shall just have to see how well it is received over the coming months and release.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

It had to come at some point.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
Ehh, I think Nintendo's banking on all the hype from X&Y to sell some more 3DS's. Personally I'm glad the game is made for the most current tech available. I think sales will be fine.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

It was bound to happen eventually. 3DS is the current generation handheld system. I'm pretty sure some of the people arguing that buying a 3DS just to play these games haven't considered, maybe, that was the reason people bought a DS as well? That's certainly why I got a DS when Diamond and Pearl came out. Though, the 3DS is significantly more expensive.

But it just seems to me like common sense that Gen VI would be on 3DS.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Rou.Tsuki
It's happy hour somewhere...

Nature: Quirky
I have to say, I'm glad that they are releasing Pokemon for 3DS. It will push the system sales up by getting people to buy either the original (more color options) or the bigger XL version (red and blue, really?) to play the popular series. It makes sense, profit-wise because they are selling the system for lower than production cost.
When I bought my 3DS over the summer (b-day present to self in Midnight Purple), I was disappointed in how... pixelated B/W was on the system. Don't get me wrong, it looked great on the DSlite and still better than previous incarnations. But since this announcement though, I'm going to bypass the B2/W2 for the October release of the new game.
Please PM me when you add me so I may add a new friend!
Pokemon Y/3DS Friend Code
: 3437-4176-3884
My
Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
Friend Safari: POISON - Whirlipede, Kakuna
, and Garbodor
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Snivysmiley
Ruby/Sapphire Veteran

Nature: Modest
put it this way.... if you really love pokemon, YOU WILL buy a 3ds if you don't already own one, the whole reason I got a GBA was for Pokemon Sapphire, and the 3DS has almost outsold the Gamecube already so they have a potential audience of 20 million even if no one else ever buys a 3DS, and pokemon games are usually the highest selling games on any Nintendo handheld
MY POKEMON BLOG
I'll trade or battle with anyone!
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Panfisha
BIGGLYPUFF?

Nature: Relaxed
Well, no.
With Starfox 64 3D, Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of time, and coming out soon, Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion 2, there is more incentive to get a 3DS. But Pokemon will definitely be a deciding factor for many people.

Soul Silver FC: 0861-5428-7860
3DS FC: 2406-5518-5103

http://cypress85.deviantart.com/

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I got the DS for Pokémon Diamond, wtf wouldn't I do the same for Gen 6?

I say, $170/$200 was what I shelled out for a DS, so I'm not too bummed out to do that again.
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Personally I'm delighted that the new games are for the 3DS. From the trailer that was shown the 3D element of the games looks absolutely amazing and I think it'll completely revolutionise Pokémon, so I can't wait to find out just how good it is in person! It's a shame that not everyone has a 3DS yet and that people could miss out as a result, but I think producing the best quality of game possible is far more important to worry about.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
It's about time they made the switch for the 3DS given how long it's been out. The regular 'ol DS has been out for six years now, if I remember right, so it was time to move on and utilize what the 3DS had to offer. I got mine for Christmas and am now very glad I did so~ doubt it'd hurt sales as there are a lot of other great titles for the 3DS that make it worth getting.

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM
TrainerTori
Growlithe Fan

Wow. I'd say it's a ridiculous claim to think that going exclusive for 3DS is going to kill the pokemon line.

as others have said, we bought DS's for pokemon pearl and such, eventually we'll suck it up and get 3Ds

It's progression, pokemon had to jump on the bandwagon eventually.

They're honestly not /that/ expensive used anymore.
I traded in my old beat up 16gig ipod G3 (for ~70$)I dragged out of a drawer and got my 3DS from gamestop for 50$ back in june.
(Actually, I first traded it in for a DS Lite, had issues with it so I took it back and all they had were DSi's and I had that and the wifi on it sucked so then I took THAT back on got a 3DS - yay gamestop 7 day no question return policy 8D)

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

that's like saying the release of Ruby and Sapphire on the GBA was the end of pokemon bacause there was no backwards compatability. no such thing. its just moving with the times. the DS should feel priveliged to get 2 generations on it. plus, it can trade with X and Y, so it is still useful.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)

Last edited by HaloSonic; January 8th, 2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Lateon
The Eon Follower

Send a message via AIM to Lateon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lateon Send a message via Yahoo to Lateon
I'm actually starting to budget in a 3DS already. I wanted one for Kingdom Hearts DDD but I haven't found a good enough reason to buy it yet. I've been wanting to get one, anyway, so it works out nice that there's a new pokemon game.

Forum Activity
Wifi Activity

Currently Working On

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloSonic View Post
that's like saying the release of Ruby and Sapphire on the GBA was the end of pokemon bacause there was no backwards compatability. no such thing. its just moving with the times. the DS should feel priveliged to get 2 generations on it. plus, it can trade with X and Y, so it is still useful.
That's eggggactly what I was thinking. The DS is the only game system that had two generations of Pokémon games on it, and yet, lord have mercy some of the reactions to moving to the most up-to-date system really make me scratch my head.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Surely we all expected the main series to move onto the 3DS sooner or later?
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:02 AM
TaichiWind
X

Send a message via Skype™ to TaichiWind
Just checked my country's Gamestop ripoff (Brloh) to see how much would a 3DS cost. Big derp. It's about 180€, hardly affordable for me at the time. I don't even have BW2 yet, I think I'll just have to buy Z version when it comes out. Come to think of it, I bought the DS WITH my White version. I don't really think I won't buy a 3DS without Z (once again I have no idea if there will be a Z version). Maybe for the OOT. MAAAAYBE.
Megaman X

That's right... It's begun again... How long must this war go on?
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

It's more like a rebirth of Pokemon to me. :)
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here