The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Pick a starter.
Chespin 322 30.96%
Fennekin 536 51.54%
Froakie 295 28.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1040. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:06 AM).
RedJ
OR

Nature: Quiet
If Chespin does turn out to be part Dark, I wont be using it. It's already weak against five types, and it being part Dark would just give it yet another weakness.

Trade Review Thread | Pokemon Spreadsheet
Friend Safari: Ice- Delibird/Bergmite/Dewgong
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:08 AM).
Panfisha
BIGGLYPUFF?

Nature: Relaxed
Honestly, at first glance, I actually LIKE them all. A grass-type porcupine makes sense, a fire-type fennic fox makes great sense, but a water-typefrog was done (seismitoad, even if part ground.) Still, most likely will choose chespin, just because porcupines are a favorite mammal of mine.
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:09 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
falling down
Community Supporter

Chespin is adorable and Fennekin is gorgeous.
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:11 AM).
Livewire
The Young Wolf

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
They don't look ~amazing~ to me, but I'll probably go with Fenniken as it is pretty cute. I'd prefer to see their evolved forms first, though.
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:15 AM).
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Really I doubt the final evolutions will change my mind about my starter. Just like tepig being an adorable pig, I'm choosing and sticking with Froakie for being a cool frog.
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:20 AM).
Seppy
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I like a lot Chespin i might say, Froakie too, but Fennekin doesn't catch me that much.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:32 AM).
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Nature: Brave
to me, these pokemon look like they should be the level 2 ones that annoy the heck out of everyone but i'm interested to see there stats, maybe i could use croakie (what i'll name him) as an aqua jet-water gem counter to all these ninetails.

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:40 AM).
PokéZoom
~Gotta Catch Em All

Nature: Serious
I'm going with Froakie, simply because I think he looks the best.

It's the next chapter, the ultimate goal! Ready for battle, brave and bold!
PokéZoom.com | PokéZoom Forums | PokéZoom Oekaki
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:41 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Froakie is my favourite it's so cute and adfsghj <333

All the starter are pretty damn cute but Froakie is just so cute. For once I can actually say that all the starters from this generation are appealing.
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:44 AM).
Ryoutarou
Community Supporter

I'm undecided between Froakie and Chespin. I guess a lot of my final decision depends on the actual evolutionary lines, but I'm leaning more towards Froakie at the moment, but Chespin is pretty damn cute. Fennekin just...does not appeal to me at all.
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:54 AM).
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I love all of them, to be honest. When I first saw them, Fennekin was the one I gravitated to first. But after watching the video and seeing the pictures, they're all great. Even little Froakie.

I'm going to have to buy multiple copies of these games, aren't I?
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:55 AM).
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Pokémon never gets boring to me... these starters are amazing.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old January 8th, 2013 (09:59 AM).
loucas
100% hot

Nature: Timid
frokie looks heaveanly :3 i initially thinks it's part ice.

BLACK: 4341 7135 0561
WHITE: 5372 5056 7476
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:13 AM).
Esper

I kind of like them all at first glance. I wish the grass one was a little more green, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I think they did a good job on these. With so many Pokemon already I wouldn't think they'd have an easy time making anything look new.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:19 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Froakie is the cutest damn starter I have ever seen idc what it evolves into or what typings it gets I'm getting it cuz omg. <3
ALL of them are cute, BUT FROAKIE. <3

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:25 AM).
TheSecondComingOfCaterpie
Unhatched Egg

I'm giving some love to Chespin. I want to give it a top hat and monocle and call it Mr. Snuggles, and we would have adventures through a glorious mansion together.
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Fennekin, just barely. It's odd because this is the first time I've taken an instant liking to all three of the starters.

The only fire starter I've had as my first pick was Torchic back in Pokemon Sapphire. So I'm glad that this gens fire starter looks so nice.

Of course that will probably all change once we see the evolutions.
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Fennekin all the way.
I've waited so long for them for make a fennec fox pokemon and now they have.
My excitement is just through the roof.
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:53 AM).
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
Definately haven't decided yet, still have 9 months to do so. I'm either going with the Frog or Fox though, because I can see the Frog evolving into a deathlord for some reason. Probably because of the ugliness thing. And the Fox, well, just reminds of Vulpix, which is a Pokemon I love. Fennekin, if I choose it, will break the Water-Pokemon streak on the first version, which is a good streak to end since I started playing in Gen III. However, second time around, I always go for Grass. Until Gen V. When I went with Fire.

Definitely not Grass though. I hate the look of the thing. Some people would call it cuteness, I call is a revolting monster.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:56 AM).
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leikaru View Post
Definately haven't decided yet, still have 9 months to do so. I'm either going with the Frog or Fox though, because I can see the Frog evolving into a deathlord for some reason. Probably because of the ugliness thing. And the Fox, well, just reminds of Vulpix, which is a Pokemon I love. Fennekin, if I choose it, will break the Water-Pokemon streak on the first version, which is a good streak to end since I started playing in Gen III. However, second time around, I always go for Grass. Until Gen V. When I went with Fire.

Definitely not Grass though. I hate the look of the thing. Some people would call it cuteness, I call is a revolting monster.
I disagree, I think Chespin is incredibly cute.
To each his own, I guess.
Old January 8th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Flydro
doobz

Nature: Calm
Here's what I thought of the starters individually...

Chespin - looks okay I guess, could be a chipmunk with a chestnut hat or something? I don't love or hate it's design, I'm just curious to see what the rest of it's evolutions look like and what the hat thing could turn into. If the attacks it used were hints at it's final typing my guess would be Grass/Dark. Seemed like it first used Solarbeam and then Night Slash second, which is super effective against Golurk.

Fennekin - I like Fennekin a lot because I like fire types in general, but I found it to be a little repetitive of Vulpix. But it looks cool enough in it's first stage and I want to see where this fire fox design goes. Hopefully it doesn't look like any of the other fox pokemon. For the final typing I would guess Fire/Psychic, because it looked like it used Flamethrower and then Psybeam or Extrasensory.

Froakie - my favorite so far and the most interesting to me, I can't see why everyone is hating on it. I actually like it's design and it looked good in battle. Seemed like it had good speed, a trait I value. For the final typing I have two guesses: Water/Fighting and Water/Flying. I said fighting because it looked like a physical attacker when it was in battle judging by the second attack. As I thought of more possibilities, I came up with Water/Flying because of Froakie's design. It has what looks like a cape around it's neck or something that looks like a cloud. Maybe that could turn into a parachute or something? I looked it up and read about something called the Malabar Gliding Frog. It's a frog that jumps from high areas and glides to get where it needs to go, so I could see where a Flying type inspiration could come from. I couldn't figure out what the second attack was, but I thought it could possibly be Acrobatics, a flying type move. I'm hoping it does develop into a Water/Flying type, because there is already a fighting frog (Poliwrath), a poison frog (Toxicroak), and a ground frog (Seismitoad) so I think a flying frog would be cool.

Usually I go with the fire starter, but I would have to see their complete evolutions to really make a decision. Right now Froakie appeals the most to me but they all have potential. Can't wait to see their full evolutions though. I'm just hoping for some new type combos this time around, and Fennekin better not become a Fire/Fighting type somehow.

*hunting:

Old January 8th, 2013 (11:09 AM).
Leikaru
Back from the dead...

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post

Chespin - looks okay I guess, could be a chipmunk with a chestnut hat or something? I don't love or hate it's design, I'm just curious to see what the rest of it's evolutions look like and what the hat thing could turn into. If the attacks it used were hints at it's final typing my guess would be Grass/Dark. Seemed like it first used Solarbeam and then Night Slash second, which is super effective against Golurk.

Fennekin - I like Fennekin a lot because I like fire types in general, but I found it to be a little repetitive of Vulpix. But it looks cool enough in it's first stage and I want to see where this fire fox design goes. Hopefully it doesn't look like any of the other fox pokemon. For the final typing I would guess Fire/Psychic, because it looked like it used Flamethrower and then Psybeam or Extrasensory.

Froakie - my favorite so far and the most interesting to me, I can't see why everyone is hating on it. I actually like it's design and it looked good in battle. Seemed like it had good speed, a trait I value. For the final typing I have two guesses: Water/Fighting and Water/Flying. I said fighting because it looked like a physical attacker when it was in battle judging by the second attack. As I thought of more possibilities, I came up with Water/Flying because of Froakie's design. It has what looks like a cape around it's neck or something that looks like a cloud. Maybe that could turn into a parachute or something? I looked it up and read about something called the Malabar Gliding Frog. It's a frog that jumps from high areas and glides to get where it needs to go, so I could see where a Flying type inspiration could come from. I couldn't figure out what the second attack was, but I thought it could possibly be Acrobatics, a flying type move. I'm hoping it does develop into a Water/Flying type, because there is already a fighting frog (Poliwrath), a poison frog (Toxicroak), and a ground frog (Seismitoad) so I think a flying frog would be cool.

Usually I go with the fire starter, but I would have to see their complete evolutions to really make a decision. Right now Froakie appeals the most to me but they all have potential. Can't wait to see their full evolutions though. I'm just hoping for some new type combos this time around, and Fennekin better not become a Fire/Fighting type somehow.
Chespin I think will stay Grass type all the way through. At least that's what the design looks like.

I think Fennekin will evolve into a psycho-fox or something, and be Fire/Psychic. That could be an interesting type.

Also, as for Froakie, I would go for a Water/Poison might happen. Some toads are poisonous. Or perhaps the Water/Fighting combonation. Although I think they will be looking for unique type combo's in Gen VI.

Don't agree? Sorry for spoiling your day.

Coming soon... a new game... after I've finished Pokemon Steel of course.

MONSTERRA
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:27 AM).
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flydro View Post

I also considered a cloud frog for Froakie, like a frog meditating on a cloud. But Water/Fighting would make sense. Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting would balance out perfectly. Also, Froakie was fighting a Patrat in the video, maybe the move was supereffective?
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:40 AM).
Sylphiel
get away, run away, fly away

Nature: Quirky
I guess I'm gonna be like most of the people in here and say that I like Fennekin the most. Froakie is...okay, I suppose, never really been big on any of the frog pokemon, and I'm not as sold on Chespin. Kinda meh to me. Fennekin, though...yeah, when I was looking through pics this morning, that was the first one that really caught my eye.

Or rather, its ear fur did. That ear fur, man. Yeah I know it's based off fennec foxes but still!

» Paired with Ausaudriel, yo.
» I also make pictures. Sometimes.
Old January 8th, 2013 (11:45 AM). Edited January 8th, 2013 by droomph.
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

No opinion one way or the other on any of them (I'll see! geesh) but I do have to say Froakie (I'll have to get used to that won't I) reminds me of keroppi.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links