The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:00 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshikkko View Post
Definitely Princess Mononoke inspired, no wonder it looks epic.

Still though I like the legendaries ten times better than the gen V ones.
Yes the two game mascots are amazing, probably the best in the entirety of Pokémon in my opinion. I, for one, only hope that they don't overdo the legendaries available like they did in Gen 4 and especially Gen 5.

paired with christos
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I feel like I'm the only one who's already adjusted to these graphics, I think they're great.

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Jak
got a nickname?

Nature: Timid
I think the graphics look great, it's just gonna take some time for me, and I can assume a lot of other people, to actually adjust to them.

Destiny calls on me.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and dracul
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:04 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I feel like I'm the only one who's already adjusted to these graphics, I think they're great.
You're definitely not alone. I think they're amazing, and 100% what I would of hoped for. A massive step up from B/W and it feels like we're just one step away from Colloseum/XD:GoD without going overboard.

paired with christos
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
I was surprised when I saw the gameplay started and showed those graphics. It was obvious they were going to move toward this direction but I just wasn't ready for it, still not ready for it. I've spent these passed years used to the 2D sprites and world and to see this was just a shock. I mean it's not something I cannot easily get used to. I just didn't flat out like it at first. Meh, it's growing on me especially since I saw the battles and rewatched the trailers quite a few times. The moves look sweet and the way we enter the battle looks just as awesome.

Eeek, can't wait for these games guys!

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
For once, I found a Pokemon generation that I'm not ready for. I'm hoping that as more Pokemon are revealed, I'll feel better about it. I can't say the same for gen V, since I avoided spoilers, but doing that on a Pokemon forum is hard so I won't do it this time. Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.

Anyway, I'm not really excited about these games yet. I think the starters, except for Fennekin, are uggggggg-LY. But the legendary mascots look amazing actually. So eh. But the way the game looks is deterring me away from it. I'm not ready for chaaaaaaange :( I'm content with the moving 2D sprites I'm not ready for 3D models. sob sob sob
I'm actually the exact opposite. I am so ready for Gen VI. I was afraid that the announcement would have been for a new remake, since that's what 80% of the speculation about it was about, and Gen V would just drag on another year. Gen V seemed to last way too long. I can't really explain why I felt that way, because I'm pretty sure it lasted about the same amount of time as Gen IV.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:08 AM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerilyn View Post
The DS/DS Lite/DSi are all dying systems now. The 3DS has been out for roughly two years I believe, and until now, GameFreak had yet to announce a main title Pokémon game for the 3DS. And I believe Nintendo wasn't very pleased with GameFreak when they had released B2/W2 for the DS systems either. GameFreak was bound to release a new generation for the 3DS at some point, and announcing one for 2014 is really pushing it when the 3DS would be going on almost 3 years.

At the start of New Years, Pokémon announced that they were taking on new leaps and bounds and expanding the world of Pokémon this year. In order to do that, and on the 3DS system, things were bound to change. However, as different as it looks, the mechanics itself - such as the battling system - seems to operate the same other than its new look.

As far as R/S remakes, I've been eagerly anticipating a remake of the Hoenn region ever since HG/SS was announced, but just because it wasn't released during the 5th Gen, doesn't mean it won't happen. It may just happen during this new generation of Pokémon, and by the look of the graphics on Pokémon X and Y, I couldn't be more pleased about that.

The mascot for Pokémon X does look pretty cool doesn't it? I like that one a lot. I can't change your mind on the starters though. We all have our own opinions about a Pokémon's design. I for one actually really like all three starters this generation. I can't say the same about Gen V.
I agree. Especially about RSE. I'd definitely be interested to see the same graphics in the RS remakes, as it would make them feel fresh, like a new adventure.

Now I know that my purchase of the 3DS isn't in vain (disregarding PMD 3) XD

I actually think the starters look fine. I don't know about you, but I like them all except for the grass type... but of course what other idea would you have for the grass type? There isn't much you can do. And plus, with a fox you can't POSSIBLY make it a fire/fighting, so the starters look absolutely fresh...

...except for the frog... It looks a lot like it would be the Tympole evolution line's cousin.

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Jak
got a nickname?

I'm starting to get anxious about other Pokemon that will be revealed. Who will be my gen 6 Petilil, guys?! I need some random new Pokemon to obsess over!

Destiny calls on me.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm starting to get anxious about other Pokemon that will be revealed. Who will be my gen 6 Petilil, guys?! I need some random new Pokemon to obsess over!
Me too! I want them to reveal them slowly but another part of me wants them all right now. Which is why I think I'm obsessing over Chespin's cuteness even though others disagree with me.

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

I'm definitely much more excited about these games than I was about Black & White, they just look so fresh!

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

I wonder what the 'Pikachu' type Pokémon of this generation will be like. (I mean as a mascot.)

paired with christos
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Jak
got a nickname?

Quote:
I'm actually the exact opposite. I am so ready for Gen VI. I was afraid that the announcement would have been for a new remake, since that's what 80% of the speculation about it was about, and Gen V would just drag on another year. Gen V seemed to last way too long. I can't really explain why I felt that way, because I'm pretty sure it lasted about the same amount of time as Gen IV.
Oddly enough, as I've been posting around about the games...I'm getting more excited and feeling a lot better about them haha. I think because I woke up to a new forum and new games it was just sudden for me and I was like "SJDKSFJDFHS NO NOT READY YET OMG" but I'm feeling better now.

Also, Kirozane and I are afraid that Fennekin will get manly evolutions. XD

Quote:
Me too! I want them to reveal them slowly but another part of me wants them all right now. Which is why I think I'm obsessing over Chespin's cuteness even though others disagree with me.
Aerilyn sent me fan art of the three and they're MUCH cuter in fanart than in official art. XD So Froakie and Chespin aren't as bad as I initially thought when I saw them on Serebii. Official art can ruin anything, I tell ya.

Destiny calls on me.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro Bug View Post
I was surprised when I saw the gameplay started and showed those graphics. It was obvious they were going to move toward this direction but I just wasn't ready for it, still not ready for it. I've spent these passed years used to the 2D sprites and world and to see this was just a shock. I mean it's not something I cannot easily get used to. I just didn't flat out like it at first. Meh, it's growing on me especially since I saw the battles and rewatched the trailers quite a few times. The moves look sweet and the way we enter the battle looks just as awesome.

Eeek, can't wait for these games guys!
Lucky for you, and everyone else who still needs time to adapt, we have a ten month wait before they're actually released. Within that time, we'll just keep feeding off of new scans, Pokémon, and information to keep our appetites whet.

I kind of just want them now though. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Can you believe Gen V was actually shorter than Gen IV? I too felt Gen V had been dragging on for too long now, but that might be because it's the first region/generation I'm just not entirely into. I'm eager for RSE remakes, but I'm glad we'll hopefully/maybe/possibly get them in a new generation that looks to be a whole lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
I wonder what the 'Pikachu' type Pokémon of this generation will be like. (I mean as a mascot.)
I can't remember, but what was the "Pikachu" type Pokémon in Unova?

...Oh wait, Emolga aka the Pachirisu that could fly. I hope they give us something better than that this time around.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

If there is one I wonder which will be the next Eeveelution type, I can't see them leaving it out for another generation.

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
I can't remember, but what was the "Pikachu" type Pokémon in Unova?

...Oh wait, Emolga aka the Pachirisu that could fly. I hope they give us something better than that this time around.
I suppose you could say it was Emolga. Doesn't have to be electric type though, I'd call Zorua the mascot of Unova.

paired with christos
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Jak
got a nickname?

There was a thread about a new Eeveelution in Poke General I think. Dragon would be cool, and I know a lot of people would think "how do you make a fox evolve into a dragon?" but there's been decent fan art of Fakemon with a Dragon Eevee and it could work if done correctly. I'd prefer a Ghost Eeveelution myself, but since Eeveelution types represent what once were all special attacks, Dragon is all that remains.

Destiny calls on me.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hmm, the new rodent and 'Pidgey' as well. For some reason I'm interested in which direction they'll take.

Quote:
Aerilyn sent me fan art of the three and they're MUCH cuter in fanart than in official art. XD So Froakie and Chespin aren't as bad as I initially thought when I saw them on Serebii. Official art can ruin anything, I tell ya.
Ohmygosh, I was just about to bring up fan art. I've loved the fan art I've seen so far on Tumblr. It even displays Froakie in a good light, which I didn't think was possibly.

Quote:
Lucky for you, and everyone else who still needs time to adapt, we have a ten month wait before they're actually released. Within that time, we'll just keep feeding off of new scans, Pokémon, and information to keep our appetites whet.
Ten months is a long time still but yeah it will give me enough time to adapt to this style as we see more and more of it. We'll be leeches (or rather I will be for sure) for informations regarding X and Y.

By the way, I love Young Justice and your avatar!

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
There was a thread about a new Eeveelution in Poke General I think. Dragon would be cool, and I know a lot of people would think "how do you make a fox evolve into a dragon?" but there's been decent fan art of Fakemon with a Dragon Eevee and it could work if done correctly. I'd prefer a Ghost Eeveelution myself, but since Eeveelution types represent what once were all special attacks, Dragon is all that remains.
While you're right about Eeveelutions being based on the special attack types I expect, eventually, all types will have an Eeveelution. I'm pulling for a Steel type Eeveelution though, would make sense with there already being a dark type one (both types introduced in Gen 2) and would take good, thorough, use of Iron Tail.

paired with christos
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Quote:
While you're right about Eeveelutions being based on the special attack types I expect, eventually, all types will have an Eeveelution. I'm pulling for a Steel type Eeveelution though, would make sense with there already being a dark type one (both types introduced in Gen 2) and would take good, thorough, use of Iron Tail.
I agree.

I'd really like to see a Steel, Rock, or Ghost Eeveelution first, then perhaps Dragon, Ground, Bug, Flying, etc.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Jak
got a nickname?

Quote:
I definitely agree. When I was a kid, I drew an Eeveelution for each type. ...Let's pray they don't dig up my drawing and use them lmfao. Especially my Dragon one. But I do think they'd finish up previous special attack types before starting with the physical one, but yeah, I think they will eventually move in that direction. I wouldn't mind! :)

GUYS I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL I WANNA STAY AND TALK TO Y'ALL ABOUT GEN 6 :( :( :(

Destiny calls on me.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I agree.

I'd really like to see a Steel, Rock, or Ghost Eeveelution first, then perhaps Dragon, Ground, Bug, Flying, etc.
Ghost and Rock would be awesome. Mainly Ghost, as that is my favourite type. I think there might be another 2 in the game, minimum 1.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't had more Eeveelutions yet. I'm expecting Dragon to be the next one tbh. I really want a Poison and Ghost one though. <3

Also

This literally looks like the product of Virizion and Keldeo.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Looks more like a Sawsbuck meets Dialga meets Virizion.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
Looks more like a Sawsbuck meets Dialga meets Virizion.
Clearly a 70's version of the Pokemon; far out dude.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Esper

Ugh. I have to have a 3DS for this game? Saddened. I mean, I figured it would happen, but still.

That aside, I like the looks for the legendaries instantly. The starters I think I'll need a little time to get used to, except for the fox which is already pretty adorable.

deviantart blog pair
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links