The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
What things from the past would like in these games? Maybe something like the following feature? Or three fishing rods, or even the Dream World? Discuss what you'd like to make a return!
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Def for the dream world, but maybye you can acsess it in a special place in game, like a new entralink!

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Kotowari
Will be back eventually
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
I'd love for the following feature to return, and secret bases. They were pretty much useless, but it was pretty fun to find the perfect place to make it, filling it with decorations you thought fit best.

One rod is good enough, but I'd like it to be available before you beat the Champion. BW had some nice water Pokémon in their 'dex, but you never know how XY is going to do that.

"We shall build a peaceful world... Just you and me..."
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM
AliceBlaze
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
I want the pokeradar to return, I'd love to be able to get shiny gen 5 and 6 Pokemon more easily.
I'd also like the VS seeker to return, I always thought that was the easiest way to rematch trainers.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Arlo

I'd like to see a return to at least two fishing rods. Three was too many - the Old Rod was generally pretty much useless anyway - but one's too few. Not being able to fish AT ALL until after the E4 was one of the disappointments of the fifth gen for me. 'Course, with the shortage of water types in the Unova dex, it's not as if fishing could've accomplished much anyway, but I'm also hoping that there'll be more waters in the new dex. And that you'll be able to fish for at least some of them starting relatively early in the game.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I hope to see some sort of Similar Touch Screen Layout like in HGSS, it was so neat and easy to use.

Old January 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Battle Frontier, first on my list, some actual POST GAME!

VS Seeker would be useful for those of us that don't feel the need to slaughter the E4 over and over.

Secret bases could be a use for Streetpass, I could see that working.

I hope the PWT isn't going anywhere too soon, it is easily one of the best features on BW2.

Challenge Mode should also remain with us, or at least a mode that lets us skip catching tutorials and that, I've been doing this since R/B, I know how to catch a Pokemon.

I personally like the idea of the Grotto's and hope they improve the current system.

Also, please don't go BW on us and remove tutors again. Otherwise I'd have to spend more money I don't have on the third version just for some moves.

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:01 AM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I would love to see the return of secret bases and the underground, but with Wi-Fi somehow intergrated.

It would also be convinient to have a VS Seeker again. It would make it a lot easier to train your Pokemon.

But the ultimate convinience for me would have to be automatic running shoes that could be toggled on and off like in HG/SS.

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM
AliceBlaze
Shiny Collector

Nature: Lonely
I've also enjoyed rotation battles and I hope they'll return.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
The stuff I wanted to see again was already said, but i'd love to see the rods available early (more diversity is good) and move tutors, vs seeker, etc. Too bad the follow me feature is gone, it seems. :(
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Nature: Quiet
I wouldn't mind seeing secret bases again, and I'd like to be able to get SOMETHING for completing the PokeDex, like the Shiny Charm.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Daydream
Spider-Man
Community Supporter

VS Seeker for training is something I desire more than most things. And as others have mentioned seeing the return of secret bases, or at least something similar, would be pretty cool. I'd quite like the Pokémon following feature to return, even though my gut says it won't.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
A lot of what I want has already been mentioned quite a few times. The VS Seeker for making rematches against other trainers easier, Secret Bases w/ WiFi connection, at least two rods preferably before you beat the Elite 4, Move Tutors, and I would really like to see the return of Pokémon Contests. I feel like with the new 3D graphics they've installed, Contests can be taken to the next level and hopefully this time with WiFi compatibility as well.

I would also very much appreciate, as Suicune mentioned, an integrated touchscreen layout a la HG/SS. The C-Gear was completely a waste a space and took up the entire touch screen in Black and White. Much less, I never even used it. So, a touchscreen that we can really put to good use would be a nice return again.

The "Follow Me" feature would be nice to have back, but it doesn't seem we'll be getting that here, not as far as I can see.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I really want the underground back.

The PWT should show up again, but I'd like for the Battle Frontier to show up again.

A stripped down version of the Pokethalon would be interesting. Could be used to provide EV's for you pokemon.

Come play Runescape
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Mario The World Champion
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Community Supporter

I don't know if this is a feature or not, but I want your lead Pokemon to follow you outside of their Poke Ball like in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I miss talking to my Pokemon and having it do cute things.

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:48 PM
HeidiMoose
[Insert User Title Here]

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to HeidiMoose Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to HeidiMoose Send a message via Yahoo to HeidiMoose
As many others have said, I really want to see the VS. Seeker make a return. I don't understand why they did away with it to begin with.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I liked the stuff from gold and silver. Didn't really care much for the dream world. I liked the poke-radio and calling people and vs. seeker :3 Fishing was fun too!
I'd love for something like Pokemon Yellow again where you could see the pokemon's expression, but I know that's too much and wont happen! ;o;
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

I really really hope they implemented the following feature i this game...
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Agreeing with Livewire that it's a shame that the Follow Me feature isn't coming back. Oh well. XD

Though I don't mind if secret bases would make a return!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:13 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Quote:
Originally Posted by redjacketalchemist View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing secret bases again, and I'd like to be able to get SOMETHING for completing the PokeDex, like the Shiny Charm.
The diploma.

Anyway I alao want sefret bases again

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

PLEASE give me follow me feature! It doesn't look like we'll have it back, but I can dream! I'd love the Vs. Seeker back as well. If there's no Audino in this game or no Audino-esque Pokemon, then we need something to make leveling up less tedious. Shiny Charm would be good too, much better full Pokedex reward than a piece of pixel paper. I'd also like some gen III-esque secret bases. :)

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Oh I completely forgot secret bases! I loved digging in the underground! I thought it was amazingly fun! I'd spend so much time digging for fossils and gems and stones! Loved it!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:30 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
- The Follow Me feature, needs to return. I was really let down by the fact that BW/BW2 didn't utilise this feature and I'm sure many many people liked it.

- The Dream World...needs to go. I found it quite banal to be honest.

- Hidden Grottoes have to return as well! They're great to randomly encounter, I just wish the chances of finding a Pokemon in them, where increased.

- Secret Bases! I loved these in RSE, so I'd more than welcome their return. They're fun, and serve as a great time killer from the main plot.

- The Underground, while fun at first, got boring and repetitive. So if it were to be improved, I'd definitely welcome it as well.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Vs. Seeker for rematching trainers to make leveling up easier is what I would like. Follow Me feature was fun. Pokemon World Tournament would be nice, but I don't see that happening for whatever reason.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Looks like everything I want has been covered.
-The Follow-Me feature, while pointless, made HG and SS really fun for me, so I want the return of it.

-The VS seeker helped me a lot in games that had it, like FR/LG, and I hope it comes back. It could be a replacement if we don't have a pokemon like Audino appearing everywhere

-Speaking of Audino, I would like if the shaking grass feature came back. Not only was it good for training, sometimes rare pokemon appeared there too.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here