The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:51 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
That was my first thought, to be honest. I don't know how I feel about it being in France, but the more we see, the more interesting it shall be... Maybe there will be wine bars in this one! ;D
Wine? more like Frothy mugs of water

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
Either the whole region is based off of France or they have condensed as much as they can of Europe into the region (if that is the case I'm praying for an Australian Gen 7 since that would make all the main places it is sold haha)
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

While it does seem to be France, I think it will be more Europe all up.

Personally, I'm more waiting for the Australia based Pokemon region.

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
It is obviously based on France (Paris at least). But I like the idea this could be just like the most important city in the game, but the others are just based on different European countries. It would be awesome (although at first it sounds weird).

Allez, hop!
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Correspondence

Yeah, I think it is based around Europe, France definitely being implemented.But i wonder what other countries.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty

Because that's not the Pokémon Equivalent of the Eifel Tower at the back.

Regardless, it most defenately screams France, the Street he's on, the buildings, the land mark, there's also a somewhat France styled manor in the trailer , I cannot find a pic.

But what do you guys think? Want a france based region? Or cities referring to places around the world?

Or do you have other ideas or theories about the cities?
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Merged into the existing thread about the location of the new games. :3
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I'm pretty much loving the French feel to it so far. The fashion styles are definitely French, no mystery there. But everything else, plus the semi-Eiffel Tower deal at the beginning and junk. But the cobblestone streets and the buildings show are 100% French. I mean, I feel like I'm looking at Uptown New Orleans (built by the French).
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAbusoru View Post
Wine? more like Frothy mugs of water
French wine, snails, frogs legs (but not the starter Pokemon's, that would be mean.)

I need to see more of the region before I can comment on it really, but it is a interesting setting, if it is indeed a Paris/French theme.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
It's different to the standardized Japanese based region. I can imagine the scenery to be much more cultural, I've never visited France but it is in Europe and we've never had a European based region before assuming that's where it is based. Now all we need is a name for the region.

Old January 8th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
But what do you guys think? Want a france based region? Or cities referring to places around the world?
Mostly a Europe-based region since we've already seen a lot from Japan and New York City in the previous games.

Allez, hop!
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm hoping they don't try to fit in the entire Europe. That'd just turn out to be an unnecessary hassle for the devs, hahaha.
They always seem pretty specific with their areas. They could've gone for the entire US in BW if they wanted to, but they just went for NY.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I think it will be predominantly based on areas of France (the Japanese really do tend to love French culture and such), and perhaps some surrounding European cities, but I'm really leaning towards mostly France. Makes me concerned for Froakie, it does.

There could be multiple regions and you simply *start* in France, but it's too soon to say.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:33 PM
iTeruri
iAm

I think it'll be just France. If we look at previous regions, they are based on a an actualy region, not an entire country. We will have Paris for sure, maybe a bit of Normandy and Brittany and north-France (so it might include a bit of Belgium, actually). Of course I'm kinda hoping atleast some part of the Netherlands is also included, but that's just wishfull thinking on my part (I'm Dutch, of course).
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Esper

I'm pretty sure the trailer shows the camera panning away from the western portion of Europe, which I thought was odd at that time.

I only wonder if the map is going to reflect just Paris (which would be hard since the only body of water there is the Seine - no seas), some larger area that includes Paris (such as the norther half of France, maybe with Brittany, that peninsula area on the west coast so we'll have water access), all of France (or most of it, maybe with some edges cropped off), or all of France and some surrounding areas like the Pyrenees mountains on the border with Spain, the low countries, a little bit of southern England, the Alps, etc.).

Certainly it seems they're going to go with European styles for at least some of the towns and cities.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
I'm pretty sure the trailer shows the camera panning away from the western portion of Europe, which I thought was odd at that time.

I only wonder if the map is going to reflect just Paris (which would be hard since the only body of water there is the Seine - no seas), some larger area that includes Paris (such as the norther half of France, maybe with Brittany, that peninsula area on the west coast so we'll have water access), all of France (or most of it, maybe with some edges cropped off), or all of France and some surrounding areas like the Pyrenees mountains on the border with Spain, the low countries, a little bit of southern England, the Alps, etc.).

Certainly it seems they're going to go with European styles for at least some of the towns and cities.
Actually, the trailer pans out from france itself, with pikachu ontop the eiffel tower.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Its based off of Europe, or at least France. Which, combined with the info given by the titles, means its going to be an adventure through France on poke-genetics.

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I don't think it'll be just based on France but rather the whole of Europe :3 At least I hope so! Europe has a lot of amazing and interesting countries and scenery and culture!
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I don't think it'll be just based on France but rather the whole of Europe :3 At least I hope so! Europe has a lot of amazing and interesting countries and scenery and culture!
I think it will mainly be based on France... or at least the first few areas, and the rest can be in motherland Germany. :3
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Pretty much all locations we've seen in the trailer were french inspired.....

Château de Vaux-le-Vicomte

observatory on Pic du Midi

...but I do hope they include some other awesome european stuff.

Collosseum and Rome anyone?

Stone Henge?

A proper good old castle?

yes plx
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:30 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think it will be based of the more populated areas of Europe such as France, Italy, Germany, UK, etc. I like the idea, it gives a large variety of cultures and places to explore.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
The starters are based off chestnuts, forgs and fennet, which are stereotypically French, so that's a good educated guess
Oh, I didn't know that normally those are French! Well done, Pokemon. I think that this will still mean that the region will be more Urban, especially because it also looked like we'll be getting Rollerblades, which is cool, but I hope it won't be as linear as Unova!

@Nintendork I think this is great! It's a different place than what we've had before really, and I'm sure it'll be fun to have different styled buildings and such!
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:30 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I think it'll be french only but draw a bit from the other Euro nations.

ORAS have been confirmed Remakes by Nintendo, they aren't Sequels so let go of that idea people.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I really do think it's going to be situated in France or maybe somewhere in Europe? Either way, we could be seeing this region really far away from Japan and the United States.

One things for sure, I saw a structure that resembled the Eiffel Tower. So that could point out that the new region is going to be situated somewhere in Europe.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:07 PM
jellotime91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
While it does seem to be France, I think it will be more Europe all up.

Personally, I'm more waiting for the Australia based Pokemon region.
I don't think so... Unova was based only on the NY area. I don't think they'd take on an entire chunk of a continent for one region. I think this region will be based around Paris, with very little extension outside of the surrounding areas.

Sponsored Links