The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
While I'm sure that the answer is no, my answer is yes. I have almost no disposable income, and I barely break out my DS to play White anymore. Heck, I still haven't gotten my hands on White 2 because I don't want to spend $30 on a game. Were I still at the age I could get my parents to buy me the 3DS for my birthday or something, then I'd do it but I'm not, so. *shrug* Plus, the main reason I'm personally interested in Pokemon these days is spriting and I'm not sure how MS Paint compatible X & Y are going to be. Not looking too good at this point. But damn if those graphics don't look lovely.

Maybe, maybe if I can get a decent trade in price for my DS and the games I never intend on picking up again.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Nope, every pokemon game gen I-IV we've had a new console. Just following on from the original series and not making the mistakes of BL/Bl2

Old January 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM
GFA
Community Supporter

3DS doesn't have the backwards compatibility of the DS though.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Silferath
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon will make the 3DS sail into glory!
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
What do you mean? You can play DS games on the 3DS.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFA View Post
You can play DS games on the 3DS, you can't play GBA, GBC and GB games on there.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:40 AM
GFA
Community Supporter

I can't play GBA games on it. That is to say I can't play my Emerald cartridge. And screw Nintendo for expecting me to buy a copy of a game I already own in the download store or whatever they're calling it.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Yes, it is annoying and that is one reason I created this thread, for opinons like yours! :3

I think they should allow you to download a copy somehow, but that is a completely different matter and a completely different ball game.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Eps
Unhatched Egg

My god! You are moaning so much! You can easily pick up a second hand one for £100/$150 tops if you're actually that poor IRL. We're talking about something that's going to be released in 10 months! Can you not save £10 a month? How do you afford food?

Progress is fantastic! I loved the past games in their time, this is the time of the 3DS!
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
I have a GBA SP for GBA/GBC games (I play Crystal on it mostly), a DS Lite for DS/GBA games (Platinum and Emerald) and a 3DS for 3DS/DS games (Black, Black 2, PMD3D and now X/Y)

I'm all set
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Emrald
Togepi

Nature: Serious
It would be foolish to think that Pokemon wouldn't have come onto the 3DS. And of course as with all Pokemon games that have been released, Pokemon X and Y will sell like hotcakes.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps View Post
My god! You are moaning so much! You can easily pick up a second hand one for £100/$150 tops if you're actually that poor IRL. We're talking about something that's going to be released in 10 months! Can you not save £10 a month? How do you afford food?

Progress is fantastic! I loved the past games in their time, this is the time of the 3DS!
I am not moaning, I can easily buy one when I want. ;) The thread is for the discussion over people who can't or don't want to on principle. :3

Also, £10 is a lot of money that some people might not be able to spare. Don't forget, there are many people who aren't as well off as others.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:13 AM
InunoTaishou
Unhatched Egg

I've kinda been wanting to get a ds to play some games for a few weeks now, after seeing this I wanna get a 3ds now even more.... Well played nintendo, well played
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
Now, this is a very good point. If you don't have a 3DS already, how many of you are buying the console for this game alone?
-raises hand-
Honestly, there haven't been ANY games I've wanted from the 3DS. But what with the new Mystery Dungeon game, AND NO THIS <3, I'm definitely going to get one (that's pink).

So, there ya go, here's on more sale going to the "Save the 3DS Foundation". Yes, it'll be awhile after release until I'll be able to actually afford a 3DS, but I think it'd be well worth it. c':
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:17 AM
GFA
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps View Post
It's not so much me being poor as me not seeing it as something that's worth it. $150 for a system I'm only ever going to play Pokemon games on that wont allow me to play the majority of the games I already own? Yeah. No. Not doing it. Plus, I've got other, more important expenses. Like food and college stuff that's going to be hitting me right about when these games come out.

Also, no, I can't save £10 a month, seeing as how I live in the US and all.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:18 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I agree that the release of these games will most likely boost the sales of the 3DS. I can personally say that I will be getting a 3DS just to play this. And by October I will have saved enough money to do so. :D I'm glad they waited until gen VI to put the main series on the 3DS. I don't think B2W2 would have been as popular had they started on the 3DS then.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Today in my Fundamentals of Game Design class, the topic on almost everyone's mind was Pokemon XY. The thing is, some people haven't played Pokemon in a very long time due to not having a DS, or even a GBA. But oddly enough, after being shown the trailer, some of my colleagues said: "I'd get this if I had a 3DS...actually, I'll probably get a 3DS for this game!"

So I really don't think this advancement will stifle the series in any way. Besides, imagine that Game Freak decided to skip the 3DS completely and wait for whatever handheld Nintendo created after that. What would the argument be then? That not everyone has one, and that not everyone can afford one? Then they might as well just stop making games then! Sadly, video games are expensive regardless of platform--PCs aren't always cheap (especially not the high-end ones), mobile devices and tablets are pricey, and then traditional video game systems...video games are always an investment. As sad as it may seem, developers should not feel like they need to keep themselves behind just because everyone isn't able to keep up with the new and changing technology.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:29 AM
GFA
Community Supporter

I'm not sure anyone is saying they should restrain themselves. As you said, if they did, there'd be no room for progress. In general, I think this is a good move for Pokemon.

I'm just saying that, personally speaking, it's highly unlikely that I'm going to be following this move.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I wanna know. Is anyone else not able to get a 3ds and thinks it should be for the regular ds? Im mad. Thoughts?

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I think it looks good on the 3DS gives them room to do more and make it more unique. I am a bit disappointed as to how the trainer models look, but I think it will work itself out, we will get used to it. But I am excited!

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Merged into here as the discussion is covered by this thread.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Syutsu
Unhatched Egg

A lot of people play Pokemon. Most of these fans would do anything to get a new generation of Pokemon, like buy a 3DS for this sole purpose. I see it as a marketing scheme.

Looking for a battle? PM me!
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
I already have a 3DS, so I'm obviously psyched Gen 6 will be released for 3DS. Besides, 3DS carts hold more data than DS carts, so more room for a bigger and better game.

The DS already hosted two full generations, that's more than the Game Boy Color (Gen 2 and Yellow from Gen 1) , Game Boy Advance (Gen 3) and regular Game Boy (Red and Blue) . It's time to move on to better things.

Friend codes:
Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.

PROTIP: If your "video game" can be replicated using only MS Word, then it's not a game, and you have no business calling yourself an indie game developer. Just saying... to no one in particular.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I think those with 3DS' currently are more hyped for these games than those with not, obviously but we've got 9 months ahead of us to save money or trade-in items in exchange for the 3DS so the majority of those without one has the opportunity to get one before the release.

Old January 8th, 2013, 11:54 AM
latioslegends
What worries you masters you

Nature: Quirky
I remember buying a DS lite just for Pearl and Diamond. I'm sure by October the anticipation will surely jump 3DS sales. The console already has an impressive, and upcoming, roster of titles; from Ocarina of Time to Mario Kart.

But as mentioned by other users, there will be a price drop for sure, especially with the XL version coming along.

D/P FC 4596-6614-8172
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here