The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Sheep
MUFFINS ya pls

Nature: Timid
The girl looks absolutely adorable so I'll be going with her! Prefer playing as my own gender anyway, the cute design is just a bonus. :3

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Seppy
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
If i find the occasion to play this game, i'd choose the female, have to say that she's much better than the male in this game.
The other games i've chosen the male more often, so i'd like to change at least this time.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Jak
baby smod

Nature: Timid
The guy seems too similar to BW(2)'s guy, and the girl looks pretty original, so I'll be playing as her. :)

POPWAR'S BUNNY
get on baboon's level ho
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I prefer simple designs for the characters, and the goggles remind me of Digimon and since I always play the male character I'm going to be going with Girl-Tim.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
Female, always pick my own gender anyway :) Really love her design

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

about the whole Hilbert thing, I think there is gonna be customization on the characters, what gave this away was the opening in front a mirror, clear indication, but thats besides the point, assuming that they don't have customization I like the male character a lot, so i'll go with him

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

Male trainer is too samey. =/

Female trainer looks interesting... Unique... But she's not so much my type of character... Looks like the rich girl type or something. lol I dunno.

I'd be super happy if there is customization. (Customization is a big part of why I like the new Harvest Moon game for 3DS, for example.) I think it's good to have a customizable character.

I feel like with 3D it should be easier to implement...? I'm no expert but from what I have heard, apparently it's a lot easier to make "customizable" things with 3D graphics rather than just 2D sprites...
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Jigglymilk
I put a spell on you

Nature: Sassy
LOVE the female character! I always wanted a blonde protaganist. The boy character... So generic. Looks exactly the same as all the other boy protaganists, especially Hilbert. But I DO like Him. I will definetely be the girl this time though.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:54 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
The female protagonist seems to have gotten, I don't know girlier?
I'll probably be choosing the female anyway like I always do.
Can't believe she's wearing a dress.
A dress is not proper attire for running around and sleeping in the grass with your pokemon!
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
the girl with the pigtails looks a lot like Mei, doesn't she?
(In the first male pic)
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
the girl with the pigtails looks a lot like Mei, doesn't she?
(In the first male pic)
She does! XD
At first I was like "they're making another girl like Mei!"
And then I realized it was just an npc in the picture.
Made me sad. :/
Mei is my favorite so far. This new female trainer has big shoes to fill.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
I think these are hands down the best designed protagonists we have ever had. The fashion, the hair (is actually normal omfg), the faces, they just so cute and perfect! <3
People are complaining that they look "dull" and "plain", but to me they actually look like normal human beings. Like, doughnut pigtails? Visor cap afro? Bell-shaped side burns? No thanks. Cute, flowing blonde hair? Sharp, dapper shag? Yes please! These two are most certainly my favorite ever. <3
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I think these are hands down the best designed protagonists we have ever had. The fashion, the hair (is actually normal omfg), the faces, they just so cute and perfect! <3
People are complaining that they look "dull" and "plain", but to me they actually look like normal human beings. Like, doughnut pigtails? Visor cap afro? Bell-shaped side burns? No thanks. Cute, flowing blonde hair? Sharp, dapper shag? Yes please! These two are most certainly my favorite ever. <3
What about the protagonists of BW1? They look like normal human beings, since that's how people wear nowadays, especially Hilda's design.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
They both look super cute! The boy especially! I mean, I'll still be playing as the girl, because she is very, very adorable, but I'm very pleased with the design of the boy!

Also, his glasses don't have the...side parts? (Wow, I wear glasses and don't even know the names of the side parts, lol!!) So they're completely useless but still so...nice-looking! xD Still, I'm really looking forward to some official art soon!
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Esper

I really hope you have some way of changing your character's appearance because the male protagonist's look in the preview is so Gen V. I think we can all agree the female protagonist is the superior design this time around. Hands down. She doesn't scream "I'm a Pokemon character!" like the male one does. I like the change.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

I was hoping that they'd eventually let us customize our trainers, but looks like it'll never happen. :/
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Quote:
Originally Posted by miakalina View Post
I was hoping that they'd eventually let us customize our trainers, but looks like it'll never happen. :/
These games might actually introduce that feature, at the beginning of the trailer the protagonist is looking in a mirror which makes you think if this is why.

Old January 8th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Where are all these "Hilbert clone" comments stemming from, by the way? If anything, the male protag looks more like Cheren, but even that's a stretch now that I've seen him more than a few times.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:52 AM
이큐리
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
These games might actually introduce that feature, at the beginning of the trailer the protagonist is looking in a mirror which makes you think if this is why.
Yes, I saw that part, but I thought they were just showing his room and what not.
If they do introduce that feature....omg...I'd just do cartwheels around the house.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Kizerzin

Just a theory perhaps this is the region Hilbert went to in search of N and the protagonist could be the same from B/W. I doubt it but that's what sprang into my head when I saw the trailer on the third time through.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Well maybe you can customize your character but they designed him as he is in the trailer to look like Hilbert to portray a "default protagonist" I can't see them creating another one like that, there are too many similarities to Hilbert.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Well maybe you can customize your character but they designed him as he is in the trailer to look like Hilbert to portray a "default protagonist" I can't see them creating another one like that, there are too many similarities to Hilbert.
The new protag's hair is a different style and color than Hilbert's, and their hats are not at all alike, so do you perhaps mean their jackets are the same color?

Also, just a thought, but...Did anyone consider that maybe the short-haired one is the girl and the long-haired one is the boy?!
I do like the idea of customizing, though. It could be a possibility, but it wouldn't detract from the game if it wasn't included.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Batel
A nothing.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Batel
I'm not very impressed by the rather similar design of the male to Hilbert, but wow, the female protagonist looks really classy. I think I'll be playing as the male though, simply because even if it's the same 'ol design as Hilbert, I just adore that design.
-- Synth
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:16 PM
☆aqua☆
Ace Trainer!! :p

Nature: Sassy
A lot of people think that you will be able to customize your character from the screenshot of the boy looking in the mirror. Squirtle thinks that would be cool! Squirtle usually buys both versions so...
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
The male protagonist is okay but I prefer the female player. She's really pretty but when I get Y I'm playing as the male. She has such flowing hair. <3 I love the female protagonist so much. And I want to play what my gender is... xD So it's a win win.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links