• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Things from the past

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What things from the past would like in these games? Maybe something like the following feature? Or three fishing rods, or even the Dream World? Discuss what you'd like to make a return!

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
Def for the dream world, but maybye you can acsess it in a special place in game, like a new entralink!

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'd love for the following feature to return, and secret bases. They were pretty much useless, but it was pretty fun to find the perfect place to make it, filling it with decorations you thought fit best.

One rod is good enough, but I'd like it to be available before you beat the Champion. BW had some nice water Pokémon in their 'dex, but you never know how XY is going to do that.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I want the pokeradar to return, I'd love to be able to get shiny gen 5 and 6 Pokemon more easily.
I'd also like the VS seeker to return, I always thought that was the easiest way to rematch trainers.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I'd like to see a return to at least two fishing rods. Three was too many - the Old Rod was generally pretty much useless anyway - but one's too few. Not being able to fish AT ALL until after the E4 was one of the disappointments of the fifth gen for me. 'Course, with the shortage of water types in the Unova dex, it's not as if fishing could've accomplished much anyway, but I'm also hoping that there'll be more waters in the new dex. And that you'll be able to fish for at least some of them starting relatively early in the game.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Battle Frontier, first on my list, some actual POST GAME!

VS Seeker would be useful for those of us that don't feel the need to slaughter the E4 over and over.

Secret bases could be a use for Streetpass, I could see that working.

I hope the PWT isn't going anywhere too soon, it is easily one of the best features on BW2.

Challenge Mode should also remain with us, or at least a mode that lets us skip catching tutorials and that, I've been doing this since R/B, I know how to catch a Pokemon.

I personally like the idea of the Grotto's and hope they improve the current system.

Also, please don't go BW on us and remove tutors again. Otherwise I'd have to spend more money I don't have on the third version just for some moves.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I would love to see the return of secret bases and the underground, but with Wi-Fi somehow intergrated.

It would also be convinient to have a VS Seeker again. It would make it a lot easier to train your Pokemon.

But the ultimate convinience for me would have to be automatic running shoes that could be toggled on and off like in HG/SS.

Years
The stuff I wanted to see again was already said, but i'd love to see the rods available early (more diversity is good) and move tutors, vs seeker, etc. Too bad the follow me feature is gone, it seems. :(

Years
I wouldn't mind seeing secret bases again, and I'd like to be able to get SOMETHING for completing the PokeDex, like the Shiny Charm.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
VS Seeker for training is something I desire more than most things. And as others have mentioned seeing the return of secret bases, or at least something similar, would be pretty cool. I'd quite like the Pokémon following feature to return, even though my gut says it won't.

Guy

just a guy
Years
A lot of what I want has already been mentioned quite a few times. The VS Seeker for making rematches against other trainers easier, Secret Bases w/ WiFi connection, at least two rods preferably before you beat the Elite 4, Move Tutors, and I would really like to see the return of Pokémon Contests. I feel like with the new 3D graphics they've installed, Contests can be taken to the next level and hopefully this time with WiFi compatibility as well.

I would also very much appreciate, as Suicune mentioned, an integrated touchscreen layout a la HG/SS. The C-Gear was completely a waste a space and took up the entire touch screen in Black and White. Much less, I never even used it. So, a touchscreen that we can really put to good use would be a nice return again.

The "Follow Me" feature would be nice to have back, but it doesn't seem we'll be getting that here, not as far as I can see.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I really want the underground back.

The PWT should show up again, but I'd like for the Battle Frontier to show up again.

A stripped down version of the Pokethalon would be interesting. Could be used to provide EV's for you pokemon.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
Years
As many others have said, I really want to see the VS. Seeker make a return. I don't understand why they did away with it to begin with.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I liked the stuff from gold and silver. Didn't really care much for the dream world. I liked the poke-radio and calling people and vs. seeker :3 Fishing was fun too!
I'd love for something like Pokemon Yellow again where you could see the pokemon's expression, but I know that's too much and wont happen! ;o;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
PLEASE give me follow me feature! It doesn't look like we'll have it back, but I can dream! I'd love the Vs. Seeker back as well. If there's no Audino in this game or no Audino-esque Pokemon, then we need something to make leveling up less tedious. Shiny Charm would be good too, much better full Pokedex reward than a piece of pixel paper. I'd also like some gen III-esque secret bases. :)

Back