The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Okay, obviously there's no music to listen to right now, but when there is, it can go here! In the meantime, what do you expect out of the music now that the games have moved to the 3DS? Are you anticipating any remixes of songs from previous generations? Do you hope for any, and if so, what?

My answer kind of combines two topics together (that topic being the inspiration for this one), I'm hoping we get something like B2W2's PWT and we get to hear revamped versions of the music from older games in GLORIOUS 3DS goodness. I'd really love to hear remixes of gen I songs. It's just neat to hear gen I music in the latest game's musical flair, you know?

Hoping we get some music samples soon, cause it's a bit difficult to speculate the music. There isn't any out, right? Just the trailer with no gameplay music iirc.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Maybe they're gonna do like a general -theme- of music with their sound track. Like.. in the remake of Gen 2, it sort of feels more Asian esque imo. So perhaps they're gonna incorprate some sort of techno? I dunno, I just say techno, because... it feels techno themed to me.

I really hope that they'll have us have sort of a nostalgic blast and have remixed music~! Maybe like in a cameo battle?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:54 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I expect the music will be in 3D. If it's not it'll be such a disappointment :B

Too be honest, I just expect it to be good. I really love all the music to the pokemon games (that i have played at least) and I love how each region has its own sort of theme (like trumpets for hoenn or techno/electronic for Unova, especially in BW2)

I'm really hoping for some sweet simple melodies, almost country in a way. But in game music form. :D

Remixed music would be amazing too!
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Sydian

Oh yes, I could totally see that happening, Shawn! The names X and Y make me think of genetics and science and such, so I can definitely see the music having a bit of an electric/techno feel to it. ...Because science = techno XD

And yeah, I got this thread idea from your cameo appearances thread. XD I'm hoping we have someone from another region visit for a battle or two.

edit: I could also see some French inspired music showing up, since the region is apparently based on France.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I think it'll be all new music with the past one's flair! :3 Maybe they'll add in more creepy ones like Lavender Town!
What I'm looking forward is maybe more environment sound effects! Like how hitting something with a bike in the old games just gave a 'dunk' sound.. hopefully they can have lots more appropriate sounds :3
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Because of the Eiffel Tower shown in the trailer, they might have some French inspired music in the games, or at least at the place where the Eiffel Tower is. I think we might also hear some more lyrics like they did in the Unova games.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Sydian

Quote:
I think we might also hear some more lyrics like they did in the Unova games.
As long as the lyrics are more than "Dennis, Dennis" I'm all for it!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
Maybe there'll be more vocalization in the BGM, like there was with Roxie's gym. That would be really awesome.
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Hoenn
» Mind games
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I enjoyed the vocal pieces from BW & B2W2 so I'm hoping that makes a return. If this region is based in France I'd like to hear more use of French Instruments i.e Accordion, it was used in BW which added a nice touch to Nacrene City.

Old January 10th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
I hope the music has a European feel to it; even if it ends up just taking place in France I'd still love it if it had an Italian-esque track for one city or area and a couple Celtic tracks for other places and a German-esque track and--yeah, you guys get the point XD;

As for remixes of tracks, you never know. I bet that they'd do it if certain Gym Leaders/Elite 4 Members/Champions cameoed. Or they could make a subtle one that takes a moment to realize, such as the Lilycove remix played in your villa in Platinum.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I expect orchestra music in the same fashion as the anime's BGM. Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland worked well with orchestral BGM, so why can't Pokemon. Heck, they even played an orchestral remix of Gen V's title screen for BW2.
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would love to hear some 3DS refined music that is brand new to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. Something that would only be able to be fit as a .cwav (CTR Wave, knowing that I know about the music format within 3DS ROMs) format. In previous games, they used Sequence in a MIDI-like format, I think it's about time we heard some Streams like what you'd normally hear on Wii and Wii U games. ;)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
I expect orchestra music in the same fashion as the anime's BGM. Super Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland worked well with orchestral BGM, so why can't Pokemon. Heck, they even played an orchestral remix of Gen V's title screen for BW2.
The anime's soundtrack is hardly exciting. I'm sure Masuda's team has a wider variety of tunes to compose.

Maybe for some moments an orchestra would do nicely (such as the orchestra-like composition when you were close to winning a battle "Victory In Sight!" in B/W) but I wouldn't want it fully orchestrated.

But it's pretty great that the 3DS supports streamed music (as in, they aren't playing basic MIDIs - look it up) so we could have just about any sort of music from the game.

I fully expect accordions given the French inspiration.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
The anime's soundtrack is hardly exciting. I'm sure Masuda's team has a wider variety of tunes to compose.

Maybe for some moments an orchestra would do nicely (such as the orchestra-like composition when you were close to winning a battle "Victory In Sight!" in B/W) but I wouldn't want it fully orchestrated.

But it's pretty great that the 3DS supports streamed music (as in, they aren't playing basic MIDIs - look it up) so we could have just about any sort of music from the game.

I fully expect accordions given the French inspiration.
Hm... actually the Nintendo DS does indeed support Streamed Music as well. But it isn't used too much for Background Music, but it is mainly used for some sound effects in games like in Pokémon Ranger.

And yeah, orchestrated music is exactly what I was thinking as well. It would be really nice to hear some real orchestrated music in the game, it would really give that "spectacular feel" to it and making the cutscenes even more so amazing with orchestrated music.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:14 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I want the legends to have orchaestra, maybe their theme's can be based on the music played in Rites of Spring, a french Play (I thought of this in school as we talked about the play).

I want some of the legend themes to sound less techno, after awhile it gets old, orchaestra music like the kind in the Kingdom Hearts series would be much appreciated.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:05 PM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I'm hoping the music is catchy, techno-ish (I suppose), and has a dramatic/serious feel to it. (Much like that of the Elite Four's in B2W2). It wouldn't be all that bad if they did incorporate some of the older generations' music, but I'd rather move on from them for now, and enjoy just the new tracks of Gen VI.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:47 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I am hoping to hear some remixes but mainly I want new music, that truly captures the sense of the area, I like the pokemon music, but it could be better xD
Old January 11th, 2013, 01:51 AM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

I'm expecting to hear MP3 quality now instead of Midi, also, french horns and accordions

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 18th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Forever
let it go

I'd love to see lots of new music, but for it to be more Unova-ish, if anything.

That also brings to mind a question, how would you guys feel if they introduced no new music and just used everything from Unova instead? Personally I'd totally embrace it and wouldn't mind it buuut still. :x I don't think the other fans would like it as much, but how about the rest of you?
Old January 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Casey16
Unhatched Egg

I hope it's good.Pokemon x and y music should be new and something that pokemon fan will love.
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:03 PM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
I'm hoping for a more orchestral score this time around. Something like what Motoi Sakuraba might compose, for a general comparison I would love to be able to make. I wouldn't mind some variety with something metal or techno (anything but rap, to be honest...unless it's the original Pokerap) but I'd like the majority to be orchestral.

...that said, a GB Sounds item that converted it all to 8-bit would be well received by me.

Also, if the Legendary battle theme was a full-blown ominous Latin chanting mashup, I'd probably explode with glee. Ghetsis' remix of One Winged Angel was a nice addition to B/W, but it wasn't really dramatic enough, and it was a bit difficult to take seriously...the DS wasn't really built for that kind of thing. The 3DS, on the other hand, is quite capable of it.
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sρεcтяα View Post
...that said, a GB Sounds item that converted it all to 8-bit would be well received by me.
I was thinking the same thing. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing something a bit more well refined and orchestrated seeing as we're moving to a better system, but I wouldn't object to an item like the GB Sounds making a comeback. Even though the GB Sounds main purpose was for nostalgic sake, I wouldn't mind hearing what the newer tracks turned into 8-bit tunes would sound like while playing.

As for the new music in general, anything that wasn't like Black and White or Black 2 and White 2 (Sorry, Nica!). Now this is all up to personal preference, but I personally found a lot of the music in Gen V to be far too cheery and not played up or dramatic enough for certain locations or battles. Listening to the Black 2 and White 2 Champion track right now, it just doesn't feel like the sort of music you'd hear in a Champion battle. With the exception of the final battle with N and Ghetsis, the Gen V music could have been better in my opinion.

The one thing I did like about the Gen V, was that they brought in lyrics. I hope we can hear that again with the 3DS sound, but with a more widespread use of words.
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
Have you guys ever thought of how good the music would be in the 6th Generation? I mean, Pokemon soundtracks have always been amazing, but it's just getting better! Gen V's pieces are really complex and the 'feels' are pretty amazing in some of em. Now with a whole new generation coming this way via the 3DS, what do you guys wish to experience/have when it comes to music? A good seaside theme? A more intimidating rival battle theme? Leave your comments below!

I've also done some pokemon themes by myself, created by picturing the new world of Pokemon. Feel free to check them out
Old February 4th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Kaisersaur
Ranger

Wow. Your music is really good mate. I think the music should represent the ambience or feeling or the area you're in, like the first route you go through after receiving your first pokemon should have a fast paced exciting beat. Your hometown should have a happy but almost nostalgic music. And about the battle music I think they should go and re-visit the first gen music.

Pokemon X FC: 3995 - 6607 - 6356
Old February 4th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Fenne-kun
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
Thanks And yes, I agree. The first route should always have the 'adventure-y' feel to it.

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here