The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Cat

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
They're still in the Beta stages so I'm sure they will sort those problems out before release, there's never really been problems in terms of lagging in battle before and this is similar to the GBC > GBA switch up in a way.

Old January 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Well I think the simple screen wipes back in the first few gens took care of the loading times and didn't make you notice them as much.. but.. hmm I wonder. I am hoping that they'll optimize it well! I have faith that they will do it properly!
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.

Nature: Gentle
I didn't really say anything, but I was pretty pleasantly surprised n__n I thought it was going to be something disappointing, but glad to see I was wrong this time around. XD
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Xeninacra
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Oh god loading times between each battle.. that's gonna be atrocious.. @___@ Hopefully it doesn't lag too hard..
Although Pokemon Revolution it's not a good example (because there's nothing to load after battles), there weren't loading times troubles as far as I remember.

Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD should be actually good examples. I found them good at loading times. (And they were good 3Dly speaking xD).

Allez, hop!
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
This announcement came as a surprise to me. Me and a friend were thinking that this announcement would just be a remake of a generation, and not a whole new generation! However, I must say, I am impressed that Game Freak is deciding on a worldwide release.
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Any word on Pokémon Z yet?

Blank stares.

What? It makes sense, doesn't it?

Seriously, are these the names they plan to use? Unown comes to mind...

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hamilton
*Creative Quote Goes Here*

Nature: Calm
I'm not sure if anybody has talked about this yet, but about 26 seconds into the trailer, the Protagonist seems to be on Roller Skates. I think that's super interesting!

~Back from the dead~
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Dalek_Kabu
Resident Fossil

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dalek_Kabu
yeah looks like skates instead of running shoes this time around itll be kinda cool to see it its about time pokemon gets a worldwide release instead of a year or more after japan gets it everyone else does
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
@ Roller Skates thing: It's so interesting there is a thread specifically about it. XD

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
@ Roller Skates thing: It's so interesting there is a thread specifically about it. XD
I totally posted in it.
Going back to the sprites talk, I am loving how chubby the little ones are. <3
Seeing Pikachu gain the weight he lost in the series makes me happy again. <3
I also found it interesting that it's been a whole Generation and two games since Pikachu was included in the Regional PokeDex, and he's finally back in the sixth gen. Time to kick off the new console, I guess?

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeninacra View Post
Although Pokemon Revolution it's not a good example (because there's nothing to load after battles), there weren't loading times troubles as far as I remember.

Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD should be actually good examples. I found them good at loading times. (And they were good 3Dly speaking xD).
Yeah but I never played those.. does it switch between overworld and battles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
I'm not sure if anybody has talked about this yet, but about 26 seconds into the trailer, the Protagonist seems to be on Roller Skates. I think that's super interesting!
Looks like just a bug with animation walking speeds/code in my opinion..
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Shinx
it's a mad world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I totally posted in it.
Going back to the sprites talk, I am loving how chubby the little ones are. <3
Seeing Pikachu gain the weight he lost in the series makes me happy again. <3
I also found it interesting that it's been a whole Generation and two games since Pikachu was included in the Regional PokeDex, and he's finally back in the sixth gen. Time to kick off the new console, I guess?
It's not yet 100% that Pikachu will be in the Regional Pokédex though. I think they were just using Pikachu for advertising purposes in that trailer as it's without a doubt the most popular and recognisable Pokémon.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Yeah but I never played those.. does it switch between overworld and battles?
Sorry, what? I've played both, and it does go from walking around movement type screens to battle type screens. When selecting moves to use, you see a camera panning in helicopter style above the entire field, then when attacks and other moves are made, it centers on each Pokémon in turn of the four (or less) out.

I disliked the fact that wild Pokémon did not exist in Orre, so training was impossible and you had to plan carefully. At least until Mt. Battle, and you could attack that over and over gaining experience.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

I hope Pikachu isn't in the regional dex. :P I'm hoping for Petilil and Eevee though! Cause...I clearly didn't get enough in B2W2.

Though I don't think they'd exclude Pikachu again after doing so in gen V. Surely they don't wanna treat it like that again. Though I wouldn't mind.

alas, no-one listens
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I hope Pikachu isn't in the regional dex. :P I'm hoping for Petilil and Eevee though! Cause...I clearly didn't get enough in B2W2.

Though I don't think they'd exclude Pikachu again after doing so in gen V. Surely they don't wanna treat it like that again. Though I wouldn't mind.
It did have a clip of a wild Pikachu appearing so it probably will be.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
It's not yet 100% that Pikachu will be in the Regional Pokédex though. I think they were just using Pikachu for advertising purposes in that trailer as it's without a doubt the most popular and recognisable Pokémon.
True that, yo.
But if it IS true, it'd be neat. Also makes me wonder what else will be on the Regional, though. Like is Kirlia on it or was that also just ad purposes? o3o
I mean, yeah it was ad purposes to show you the different species of Pokemon they have etc.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Shinx
it's a mad world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
True that, yo.
But if it IS true, it'd be neat. Also makes me wonder what else will be on the Regional, though. Like is Kirlia on it or was that also just ad purposes? o3o
I mean, yeah it was ad purposes to show you the different species of Pokemon they have etc.
I doubt every Pokémon from previous generations that were shown in the trailer will actually be in the regional Pokédex. They could easily explain it as the trailer was filmed post-storyline and with the national Pokédex.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Sorry, what? I've played both, and it does go from walking around movement type screens to battle type screens. When selecting moves to use, you see a camera panning in helicopter style above the entire field, then when attacks and other moves are made, it centers on each Pokémon in turn of the four (or less) out.

I disliked the fact that wild Pokémon did not exist in Orre, so training was impossible and you had to plan carefully. At least until Mt. Battle, and you could attack that over and over gaining experience.

Cyclone
Sorry that's what I was asking since I dunno how it wouldn't lag. Seems pretty streamlined to me. I'm guessing the camera will also add a lot of dynamism to the battles on the 3DS though I wonder how the UI might look. Think it'll be popup/popdown or do you think the menus will be floating?
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
Re: loading times, we are loading off Flash Memory. There will be loading times and SD cards/3DS cards are not by any means fast, but they won't be slow because we're not loading the game off a disc (where loading times can be much worse off).

Quote:
Sorry that's what I was asking since I dunno how it wouldn't lag. Seems pretty streamlined to me. I'm guessing the camera will also add a lot of dynamism to the battles on the 3DS though I wonder how the UI might look. Think it'll be popup/popdown or do you think the menus will be floating?
They will likely be handled through the bottom screen, just as we've had since the 4th generation.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.
Yea, I share the sentiment. Maybe to some Gen V seemed to drag on too long, but to me it seemed that it was still in the middle stages. Gonna miss Pokemon Global Link and DreamWorld, etc.

But all and all I'm EXTREMELY excited for this!

Yes, the starters look a little weird. Hell, their the weirdest ones yet. But they still look great. Same with the Legendaries.

Though the graphics too seem alittle bit off as well, especially with the male protagonist. But we have 9 months to see what happens.

So all and all, I'm glad I bought my 3DS a few months back.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Quote:
But we have 9 months to see what happens.
9 months eh? Game Freak is PREGNANT. And it's a boy! He has XY chromosomes! :D

Quote:
Yes, the starters look a little weird. Hell, their the weirdest ones yet. But they still look great. Same with the Legendaries.
Yeah, I remember feeling this way about gen IV and V starters, but eventually they'll feel more like Pokemon. That happens with every new gen, really. We get used to it. :) They all do look great though, yes. Those legendaries look amazing. Much better initial thoughts about them than Dialga/Palkia in gen IV and Reshiram/Zekrom in gen V.

alas, no-one listens
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
They will likely be handled through the bottom screen, just as we've had since the 4th generation.
.. Oh my god I can't believe I forgot the 3DS had a bottom screen this is probably the most derpiest of derps I've had lately.
.. I'll blame it on being tired from work haha!

And yeah time does fly! I remember having competitions with my bro when bored in the car to try and figure out which gameboy cry belonged to which pokemon haha..
:c Now I don't even remember all their names anymore.. Black and White ones I seem to forget most of!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Keyaki

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Dialga/Palkia in gen IV
Oh come on! Dialga and Palkia were awesome(then again, Gen IV was my favorite generation, so maybe I'm a bit biased).

Quote:
Reshiram/Zekrom in gen V
I admit, Digimon was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw Reshiram and Zekrom.

But here's one thing I'm wondering.

The freakin' Characters!! WHO ARE THEY!!

SAME WITH THE LEGENDARIES!!!

NAMES!

NOW!!!

And types~

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:28 PM
MarkSill
ROM Hacking Newb

Nature: Quiet
I'm not sure whether to look forward to these or not. The 3D gameplay seems awkward, but I'm sure that'l be fixed at some point. The starters look cool, that's fir sure. I'll have to buy a 3DS though, but that's an advantage for Pokémon as they can finally release updates for their games. I'll be watching these two though. Oh, and I'm sure we all know what the Emerald of X and Y will be
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Quote:
I'm not sure whether to look forward to these or not. The 3D gameplay seems awkward, but I'm sure that'l be fixed at some point. The starters look cool, that's fir sure. I'll have to buy a 3DS though, but that's an advantage for Pokémon as they can finally release updates for their games. I'll be watching these two though. Oh, and I'm sure we all know what the Emerald of X and Y will be
I'm having to adjust to the 3D as well, haha. But I'm sure we'll come to like it in due time! :) And we thought that about Black and White's 3rd game and were surprised, so I think it's too soon to even call a Pokemon Z Version. XD

alas, no-one listens
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links