The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread


Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Cat's Avatar
Cat
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Cat
They're still in the Beta stages so I'm sure they will sort those problems out before release, there's never really been problems in terms of lagging in battle before and this is similar to the GBC > GBA switch up in a way.
__________________


  #77    
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Well I think the simple screen wipes back in the first few gens took care of the loading times and didn't make you notice them as much.. but.. hmm I wonder. I am hoping that they'll optimize it well! I have faith that they will do it properly!
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #78    
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Zorua's Avatar
Zorua
Adventurous One.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
I didn't really say anything, but I was pretty pleasantly surprised n__n I thought it was going to be something disappointing, but glad to see I was wrong this time around. XD
  #79    
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Xeninacra's Avatar
Xeninacra
Ripper
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spain
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Oh god loading times between each battle.. that's gonna be atrocious.. @___@ Hopefully it doesn't lag too hard..
Although Pokemon Revolution it's not a good example (because there's nothing to load after battles), there weren't loading times troubles as far as I remember.

Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD should be actually good examples. I found them good at loading times. (And they were good 3Dly speaking xD).
__________________

Allez, hop!
  #80    
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Terabyte's Avatar
Terabyte
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
This announcement came as a surprise to me. Me and a friend were thinking that this announcement would just be a remake of a generation, and not a whole new generation! However, I must say, I am impressed that Game Freak is deciding on a worldwide release.
__________________
Moderator Pairs Family Avatar Showdown!
  #81    
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:59 PM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Any word on Pokémon Z yet?

Blank stares.

What? It makes sense, doesn't it?

Seriously, are these the names they plan to use? Unown comes to mind...

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
  #82    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Hamilton's Avatar
Hamilton
*Creative Quote Goes Here*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
I'm not sure if anybody has talked about this yet, but about 26 seconds into the trailer, the Protagonist seems to be on Roller Skates. I think that's super interesting!
__________________

~Back from the dead~
  #83    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Dalek_Kabu's Avatar
Dalek_Kabu
Resident Fossil
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sparta,NC
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dalek_Kabu
yeah looks like skates instead of running shoes this time around itll be kinda cool to see it its about time pokemon gets a worldwide release instead of a year or more after japan gets it everyone else does
__________________
  #84    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
greatest of heroes
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
@ Roller Skates thing: It's so interesting there is a thread specifically about it. XD
__________________

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
  #85    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Jellicent♀'s Avatar
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
@ Roller Skates thing: It's so interesting there is a thread specifically about it. XD
I totally posted in it.
Going back to the sprites talk, I am loving how chubby the little ones are. <3
Seeing Pikachu gain the weight he lost in the series makes me happy again. <3
I also found it interesting that it's been a whole Generation and two games since Pikachu was included in the Regional PokeDex, and he's finally back in the sixth gen. Time to kick off the new console, I guess?
__________________

Let the little fairy in you fly!
  #86    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeninacra View Post
Although Pokemon Revolution it's not a good example (because there's nothing to load after battles), there weren't loading times troubles as far as I remember.

Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD should be actually good examples. I found them good at loading times. (And they were good 3Dly speaking xD).
Yeah but I never played those.. does it switch between overworld and battles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
I'm not sure if anybody has talked about this yet, but about 26 seconds into the trailer, the Protagonist seems to be on Roller Skates. I think that's super interesting!
Looks like just a bug with animation walking speeds/code in my opinion..
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #87    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Shinx's Avatar
Shinx
it's a mad world
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
I totally posted in it.
Going back to the sprites talk, I am loving how chubby the little ones are. <3
Seeing Pikachu gain the weight he lost in the series makes me happy again. <3
I also found it interesting that it's been a whole Generation and two games since Pikachu was included in the Regional PokeDex, and he's finally back in the sixth gen. Time to kick off the new console, I guess?
It's not yet 100% that Pikachu will be in the Regional Pokédex though. I think they were just using Pikachu for advertising purposes in that trailer as it's without a doubt the most popular and recognisable Pokémon.
__________________
  #88    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
CycloneGU's Avatar
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Yeah but I never played those.. does it switch between overworld and battles?
Sorry, what? I've played both, and it does go from walking around movement type screens to battle type screens. When selecting moves to use, you see a camera panning in helicopter style above the entire field, then when attacks and other moves are made, it centers on each Pokémon in turn of the four (or less) out.

I disliked the fact that wild Pokémon did not exist in Orre, so training was impossible and you had to plan carefully. At least until Mt. Battle, and you could attack that over and over gaining experience.

Cyclone
__________________


Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
  #89    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
greatest of heroes
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I hope Pikachu isn't in the regional dex. :P I'm hoping for Petilil and Eevee though! Cause...I clearly didn't get enough in B2W2.

Though I don't think they'd exclude Pikachu again after doing so in gen V. Surely they don't wanna treat it like that again. Though I wouldn't mind.
__________________

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
  #90    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:52 PM
vaporeon7's Avatar
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Preparing for trouble and making it double.
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I hope Pikachu isn't in the regional dex. :P I'm hoping for Petilil and Eevee though! Cause...I clearly didn't get enough in B2W2.

Though I don't think they'd exclude Pikachu again after doing so in gen V. Surely they don't wanna treat it like that again. Though I wouldn't mind.
It did have a clip of a wild Pikachu appearing so it probably will be.
__________________
  #91    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Jellicent♀'s Avatar
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laverre City
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
It's not yet 100% that Pikachu will be in the Regional Pokédex though. I think they were just using Pikachu for advertising purposes in that trailer as it's without a doubt the most popular and recognisable Pokémon.
True that, yo.
But if it IS true, it'd be neat. Also makes me wonder what else will be on the Regional, though. Like is Kirlia on it or was that also just ad purposes? o3o
I mean, yeah it was ad purposes to show you the different species of Pokemon they have etc.
__________________

Let the little fairy in you fly!
  #92    
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Shinx's Avatar
Shinx
it's a mad world
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Salisbury, England
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellicent♀ View Post
True that, yo.
But if it IS true, it'd be neat. Also makes me wonder what else will be on the Regional, though. Like is Kirlia on it or was that also just ad purposes? o3o
I mean, yeah it was ad purposes to show you the different species of Pokemon they have etc.
I doubt every Pokémon from previous generations that were shown in the trailer will actually be in the regional Pokédex. They could easily explain it as the trailer was filmed post-storyline and with the national Pokédex.
__________________
  #93    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Sorry, what? I've played both, and it does go from walking around movement type screens to battle type screens. When selecting moves to use, you see a camera panning in helicopter style above the entire field, then when attacks and other moves are made, it centers on each Pokémon in turn of the four (or less) out.

I disliked the fact that wild Pokémon did not exist in Orre, so training was impossible and you had to plan carefully. At least until Mt. Battle, and you could attack that over and over gaining experience.

Cyclone
Sorry that's what I was asking since I dunno how it wouldn't lag. Seems pretty streamlined to me. I'm guessing the camera will also add a lot of dynamism to the battles on the 3DS though I wonder how the UI might look. Think it'll be popup/popdown or do you think the menus will be floating?
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #94    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura's Avatar
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
Re: loading times, we are loading off Flash Memory. There will be loading times and SD cards/3DS cards are not by any means fast, but they won't be slow because we're not loading the game off a disc (where loading times can be much worse off).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Sorry that's what I was asking since I dunno how it wouldn't lag. Seems pretty streamlined to me. I'm guessing the camera will also add a lot of dynamism to the battles on the 3DS though I wonder how the UI might look. Think it'll be popup/popdown or do you think the menus will be floating?
They will likely be handled through the bottom screen, just as we've had since the 4th generation.
__________________
Hiroshi Sotomura

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
  #95    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Keyaki's Avatar
Keyaki
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 20
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.
Yea, I share the sentiment. Maybe to some Gen V seemed to drag on too long, but to me it seemed that it was still in the middle stages. Gonna miss Pokemon Global Link and DreamWorld, etc.


But all and all I'm EXTREMELY excited for this!

Yes, the starters look a little weird. Hell, their the weirdest ones yet. But they still look great. Same with the Legendaries.

Though the graphics too seem alittle bit off as well, especially with the male protagonist. But we have 9 months to see what happens.

So all and all, I'm glad I bought my 3DS a few months back.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
200 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #96    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
greatest of heroes
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
But we have 9 months to see what happens.
9 months eh? Game Freak is PREGNANT. And it's a boy! He has XY chromosomes! :D

Quote:
Yes, the starters look a little weird. Hell, their the weirdest ones yet. But they still look great. Same with the Legendaries.
Yeah, I remember feeling this way about gen IV and V starters, but eventually they'll feel more like Pokemon. That happens with every new gen, really. We get used to it. :) They all do look great though, yes. Those legendaries look amazing. Much better initial thoughts about them than Dialga/Palkia in gen IV and Reshiram/Zekrom in gen V.
__________________

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
  #97    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Kura's Avatar
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Horsham, UK (orig. Toronto, Canada)
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
They will likely be handled through the bottom screen, just as we've had since the 4th generation.
.. Oh my god I can't believe I forgot the 3DS had a bottom screen this is probably the most derpiest of derps I've had lately.
.. I'll blame it on being tired from work haha!

And yeah time does fly! I remember having competitions with my bro when bored in the car to try and figure out which gameboy cry belonged to which pokemon haha..
:c Now I don't even remember all their names anymore.. Black and White ones I seem to forget most of!
__________________
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
  #98    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Keyaki's Avatar
Keyaki
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 20
Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Keyaki
Quote:
Dialga/Palkia in gen IV
Oh come on! Dialga and Palkia were awesome(then again, Gen IV was my favorite generation, so maybe I'm a bit biased).

Quote:
Reshiram/Zekrom in gen V
I admit, Digimon was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw Reshiram and Zekrom.

But here's one thing I'm wondering.

The freakin' Characters!! WHO ARE THEY!!

SAME WITH THE LEGENDARIES!!!


NAMES!

NOW!!!

And types~
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
200 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #99    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:28 PM
MarkSill
ROM Hacking Newb
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Somewhere:P
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I'm not sure whether to look forward to these or not. The 3D gameplay seems awkward, but I'm sure that'l be fixed at some point. The starters look cool, that's fir sure. I'll have to buy a 3DS though, but that's an advantage for Pokémon as they can finally release updates for their games. I'll be watching these two though. Oh, and I'm sure we all know what the Emerald of X and Y will be
__________________
--MarkSill
Currently working on a FireRed hack that adds a whole new region. I'll add a link when I have the first version uploaded.
  #100    
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Jak's Avatar
Jak
greatest of heroes
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Quote:
I'm not sure whether to look forward to these or not. The 3D gameplay seems awkward, but I'm sure that'l be fixed at some point. The starters look cool, that's fir sure. I'll have to buy a 3DS though, but that's an advantage for Pokémon as they can finally release updates for their games. I'll be watching these two though. Oh, and I'm sure we all know what the Emerald of X and Y will be
I'm having to adjust to the 3D as well, haha. But I'm sure we'll come to like it in due time! :) And we thought that about Black and White's 3rd game and were surprised, so I think it's too soon to even call a Pokemon Z Version. XD
__________________

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

george best: ugly white backgrounds
displease jak the fashion queen
alas, no-one listens
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.