• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
@ Roller Skates thing: It's so interesting there is a thread specifically about it. XD

I totally posted in it.
Going back to the sprites talk, I am loving how chubby the little ones are. <3
Seeing Pikachu gain the weight he lost in the series makes me happy again. <3
I also found it interesting that it's been a whole Generation and two games since Pikachu was included in the Regional PokeDex, and he's finally back in the sixth gen. Time to kick off the new console, I guess?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Although Pokemon Revolution it's not a good example (because there's nothing to load after battles), there weren't loading times troubles as far as I remember.

Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD should be actually good examples. I found them good at loading times. (And they were good 3Dly speaking xD).
Yeah but I never played those.. does it switch between overworld and battles?
I'm not sure if anybody has talked about this yet, but about 26 seconds into the trailer, the Protagonist seems to be on Roller Skates. I think that's super interesting!
Looks like just a bug with animation walking speeds/code in my opinion..

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I totally posted in it.
Going back to the sprites talk, I am loving how chubby the little ones are. <3
Seeing Pikachu gain the weight he lost in the series makes me happy again. <3
I also found it interesting that it's been a whole Generation and two games since Pikachu was included in the Regional PokeDex, and he's finally back in the sixth gen. Time to kick off the new console, I guess?
It's not yet 100% that Pikachu will be in the Regional Pokédex though. I think they were just using Pikachu for advertising purposes in that trailer as it's without a doubt the most popular and recognisable Pokémon.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah but I never played those.. does it switch between overworld and battles?
Sorry, what? I've played both, and it does go from walking around movement type screens to battle type screens. When selecting moves to use, you see a camera panning in helicopter style above the entire field, then when attacks and other moves are made, it centers on each Pokémon in turn of the four (or less) out.

I disliked the fact that wild Pokémon did not exist in Orre, so training was impossible and you had to plan carefully. At least until Mt. Battle, and you could attack that over and over gaining experience.

Cyclone

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I hope Pikachu isn't in the regional dex. :P I'm hoping for Petilil and Eevee though! Cause...I clearly didn't get enough in B2W2.

Though I don't think they'd exclude Pikachu again after doing so in gen V. Surely they don't wanna treat it like that again. Though I wouldn't mind.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I hope Pikachu isn't in the regional dex. :P I'm hoping for Petilil and Eevee though! Cause...I clearly didn't get enough in B2W2.

Though I don't think they'd exclude Pikachu again after doing so in gen V. Surely they don't wanna treat it like that again. Though I wouldn't mind.

It did have a clip of a wild Pikachu appearing so it probably will be.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
It's not yet 100% that Pikachu will be in the Regional Pokédex though. I think they were just using Pikachu for advertising purposes in that trailer as it's without a doubt the most popular and recognisable Pokémon.

True that, yo.
But if it IS true, it'd be neat. Also makes me wonder what else will be on the Regional, though. Like is Kirlia on it or was that also just ad purposes? o3o
I mean, yeah it was ad purposes to show you the different species of Pokemon they have etc.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
True that, yo.
But if it IS true, it'd be neat. Also makes me wonder what else will be on the Regional, though. Like is Kirlia on it or was that also just ad purposes? o3o
I mean, yeah it was ad purposes to show you the different species of Pokemon they have etc.
I doubt every Pokémon from previous generations that were shown in the trailer will actually be in the regional Pokédex. They could easily explain it as the trailer was filmed post-storyline and with the national Pokédex.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Sorry, what? I've played both, and it does go from walking around movement type screens to battle type screens. When selecting moves to use, you see a camera panning in helicopter style above the entire field, then when attacks and other moves are made, it centers on each Pokémon in turn of the four (or less) out.

I disliked the fact that wild Pokémon did not exist in Orre, so training was impossible and you had to plan carefully. At least until Mt. Battle, and you could attack that over and over gaining experience.

Cyclone

Sorry that's what I was asking since I dunno how it wouldn't lag. Seems pretty streamlined to me. I'm guessing the camera will also add a lot of dynamism to the battles on the 3DS though I wonder how the UI might look. Think it'll be popup/popdown or do you think the menus will be floating?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Seems like yesterday I just discovered Petilil though. :/ Time flies.

Yea, I share the sentiment. Maybe to some Gen V seemed to drag on too long, but to me it seemed that it was still in the middle stages. Gonna miss Pokemon Global Link and DreamWorld, etc.

But all and all I'm EXTREMELY excited for this!

Yes, the starters look a little weird. Hell, their the weirdest ones yet. But they still look great. Same with the Legendaries.

Though the graphics too seem alittle bit off as well, especially with the male protagonist. But we have 9 months to see what happens.

So all and all, I'm glad I bought my 3DS a few months back.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But we have 9 months to see what happens.

9 months eh? Game Freak is PREGNANT. And it's a boy! He has XY chromosomes! :D

Yes, the starters look a little weird. Hell, their the weirdest ones yet. But they still look great. Same with the Legendaries.

Yeah, I remember feeling this way about gen IV and V starters, but eventually they'll feel more like Pokemon. That happens with every new gen, really. We get used to it. :) They all do look great though, yes. Those legendaries look amazing. Much better initial thoughts about them than Dialga/Palkia in gen IV and Reshiram/Zekrom in gen V.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
They will likely be handled through the bottom screen, just as we've had since the 4th generation.

.. Oh my god I can't believe I forgot the 3DS had a bottom screen this is probably the most derpiest of derps I've had lately.
.. I'll blame it on being tired from work haha!

And yeah time does fly! I remember having competitions with my bro when bored in the car to try and figure out which gameboy cry belonged to which pokemon haha..
:c Now I don't even remember all their names anymore.. Black and White ones I seem to forget most of!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Dialga/Palkia in gen IV

Oh come on! Dialga and Palkia were awesome(then again, Gen IV was my favorite generation, so maybe I'm a bit biased).

Reshiram/Zekrom in gen V

I admit, Digimon was the first thing that came to mind when I first saw Reshiram and Zekrom.

But here's one thing I'm wondering.

The freakin' Characters!! WHO ARE THEY!!

SAME WITH THE LEGENDARIES!!!

NAMES!

NOW!!!

And types~

MarkSill

ROM Hacking Newb
Years
I'm not sure whether to look forward to these or not. The 3D gameplay seems awkward, but I'm sure that'l be fixed at some point. The starters look cool, that's fir sure. I'll have to buy a 3DS though, but that's an advantage for Pokémon as they can finally release updates for their games. I'll be watching these two though. Oh, and I'm sure we all know what the Emerald of X and Y will be:P

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not sure whether to look forward to these or not. The 3D gameplay seems awkward, but I'm sure that'l be fixed at some point. The starters look cool, that's fir sure. I'll have to buy a 3DS though, but that's an advantage for Pokémon as they can finally release updates for their games. I'll be watching these two though. Oh, and I'm sure we all know what the Emerald of X and Y will be

I'm having to adjust to the 3D as well, haha. But I'm sure we'll come to like it in due time! :) And we thought that about Black and White's 3rd game and were surprised, so I think it's too soon to even call a Pokemon Z Version. XD

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Wow, five pages already!

The graphics shown in the trailer are definitely not final. They look to be about the quality of BW2, which is odd because I thought GF would feature the areas they had finished.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
I'm having to adjust to the 3D as well, haha. But I'm sure we'll come to like it in due time! :) And we thought that about Black and White's 3rd game and were surprised, so I think it's too soon to even call a Pokemon Z Version. XD

I agree, its taking me a while to come to grips with the 3D switch. I so loved the combination they did with Gen IV and Gen V.

I also, think its foolish to already try to name the third game(trying to call the third game of Gen V Pokemon Grey was just stupid to begin with IMHO.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back