The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Jak
got a nickname?

Nature: Timid
Do you want new TMs, or were they fine in gen V? What would you like to see make a return in gen VI that was scrapped in previous gens? Do you think they'll be reusable like in gen V?

Last edited by Jak; January 8th, 2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Jeremy
Sweetie
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Well sweetie, if some of the TMs were Gen 6 only moves, then I don't mind seeing some new TMs

Facebook Twitter

Old January 8th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Saying that you don't want new TM's would be the same as saying you don't want new moves.

For a new generation that sort of thing would be unprecedented (and stupid).

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I hope they all return as well as the new ones for new moves. We should get close to 150 tms.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Isasapiens
A pine tree...

Nature: Quiet
I wouldn't mind seeing some new TMs, as well as some returning ones.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:45 PM
diamondmutt1111
A wild summer appeared!

New TM's that are WORTH IT...scrap Struggle Bug, that move is just plain USELESS!

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Jak
got a nickname?

Yeah, that first question is awkward, I know. I was trying to get this up before someone else did! Anyway, of course I want new TMs, and I really hope they're reusable like in gen V. It didn't make sense for them to break in previous gens. I assumed you pressed it against the Pokemon's head to make it learn a TM and that's why it broke. Not anymore!

As for old TMs that should make a comeback in gen VI, let's have elemental punches, Dark Pulse, Roost, Stealth Rock, and Body Slam. Going old school with that last one, haha.

Destiny calls on me.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and dracul
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
shenanigans
Staff Admin

I'm alright with there being rubbishy TMs during early-game as rewards for gym leaders and stuff like that, but really, past the 5th gym or so they should be looking at stepping up the TMs from there. It'd be really nice to see some useful TMs added beyond that point in preparation for the tougher late-game battles and E4. Either that, or reserve some more really good ones for the post-game as long as said post-game contains enough to be worthwhile.
[07/08/2014 15:43:15] ‎keiran: my name is YAMI YUGI and i was a card-playing pharoah in my past life *summons blue-eyes white privilege*
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I definitely wouldn't mind! New moves, new strategies to work around them! It would get boring to use the same old strategies over and over again, so I'd like something new to work with this time around.

I also hope that TMs remain...how do I work this...permanent, like they were in Gen V. u_u
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'm not too fussed about which moves become TMs since I don't do competitive battling over wi-fi much (who wants to train EVs? pshh) and I enjoy using moves that the Pokémon learn naturally so I don't often use TMs, but they're really fun to collect so I'd love to see them add lots more for that reason alone. As for whether or not they stay as being reusable, I definitely want them to. On the odd occasion that I used a TM for a powerful move in the previous generations and it disappeared only to find out there's no other copies of that TM in the game, it was really depressing after trying so hard to get a full collection! So I absolutely loved the reusable feature introduced with Gen V and would love to see it continued.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
I assumed you pressed it against the Pokemon's head to make it learn a TM and that's why it broke. Not anymore!
That's what I thought happened, too xD Especially due to FRLG...but anyways...

If TMs aren't reusable this time around, I'll be more disappointed than I can even conceptualize at the moment.

I'm hoping for more TMs to be of "competitive" attacks. I think it would just help a lot of competitive players out (and some non-competitive players, too, since they'll have easier access to the higher-end moves) if there were less of those TMs of attacks no one really uses and more TMs of strong attacks that can be used by a wide variety of Pokemon. And they should definitely be a mix of attacks from all generations!
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I say bring on the new TMs, and hopefully, they replace the more useless ones like Incinerate and Struggle Bug. We need more physical-based Ghost, Fire, Electric, and Ice moves and special-based Fighting, Ground, and Rock moves as TMs.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Paradise3
Unhatched Egg

I think new moves would be cool. I just hope some of the good moves stay. XD And of course, I'm gonna be really really mad if they make them one use again. Unlimited TMs FTW!!! Seriously it's so much more fun that way. lol
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Just as long as they don't get rid of some of our great TMs like Scald or Earthquake, then I'm happy for there to be change with new TMs replacing others. Hopefully tutors will compensate for the fallen TMs though.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:21 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

As we all know, in Gen 5 they made it so that TMs could be used unlimited amount of times just like HMs (something which devalued HMs in my opinion). Do you reckon that they'll continue with this mechanic or revert back to the Gen 1-4 way of having TMs only be used once. Additionally, does anyone believe that any current moves will be given TM status?

paired with christos
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I hope so.. although the price was steeper it was so worth it, I could teach Psychic multiple times!

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I'd much rather the TM's stay as multiple use items like HM's, but I'd change up the list a bit. Chances are they'll add new Gen IV moves anyway.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I want new TMs for sure! I'm really excited to see what they come up with. More TMs the better, right? I'm always excited to see what moves they decide to put where... but I really hope they get rid of ones like struggle bug. That was just terrible.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Deceit
Toxic.

Yeah, I really want better TMs. There were a lot in gen 5 that needed to stop. Maybe a move tutor can teach them, but seriously, new TMs. Especially since its gen 6, there should be some new moves, and I want some of the good ones captured on TM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
The unlimited use of TMs in Gen V was like a gift from Arceus.

It may or may not have devalued HMs in Gen V, that's debatable, but I'd say GameFreak's choice to do so was a pretty popular and successful one. The price of purchase may have gone up, but it was worth it in the long run. So I do hope Gen VI will continue in doing so.

Like every generation, I'm sure we'll see a slight change up in the list of TMs as well as some newly added TMS too. That's inevitable.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Merged into the existing TM thread. :)
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I hope to god they drop the stupid Gen V support TM's from the list altogether. >:| Some move tutors to balance things out would also be nice.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Azure
» e l e c t r i c
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
An idea for a TM could be some sort of Thunderstorm which could also tie in as a Weather Condition. The user summons a Thunderstorm which increases the power of Electric moves and has a 25% chance of causing paralysis to non-electric/ground type Pokemon.

Old January 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Esper

I don't think I personally need more TMs, perhaps just different TMs. There are already like 100 to get and I'd hope that number doesn't get too high.

Unlimited use though is a great idea and I hope they keep it.

deviantart blog pair
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I hope they do, since there are lots of TMs that they could replace with good moves! I hope they make them easier to find, one thing that I liked about the broken TMs is that you could find at least one copy easily. In BW they mostly saved all the useful ones for Victory Road or even postgame which kind of defeated the point imo. And the TMs we could buy were kind of expensive. (wasn't that hard to get $, but still, expensive enough imo)

showdowngalleryanimepairfamily
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links