The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Sorry if this is already a thread, but where on the Pokemon timeline do you think this game will fall? Will old characters return even older? Or will the game be set before the events in B&W? Discuss..

"By force of will!"
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Someone mentioned Colress as an old man on another forum, i doubt it was true, but it makes it seem later then BW2.

Which is most likely what will happen.
Unless RSE are Remade and the two games link up, Then it puts it with the same time as RSE and FRLG
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
For me.. it's either the distant future.. or.. way into the past before Mewtwo. Maybe it's the events leading up to Mewtwo's creation. With the whole X and Y and biology and experimentation, I see it as a definite possibility. I said earlier but I'll reiterate here that I think it'd be cool if the opposing team were Scientists that the remaining went to cinnibar island or something!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
It's very difficult for me to discern, more or less because the games(from the screenshots that I've seen), don't really look futuristic, but I doubt it's set anywhere in the past...
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
It could take place during the events of B/W or B2W2.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
I see it happening in line with, as Kura said partially, the pre-creation period of Mewtwo possibly, because, from the screenshots shown, it resembles a past-themed environment.

Or, it could be a ruins type place, as the features again, relate to a past theme.
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Pretty confident it'll be close to BW/BW2

Especially with plenty of gen V pokes showing up in the trailer...makes me believe the reionaldex will rely more heavily on Unovas than I-IV for casual pokemon, although it seems to be a mix ala DPt.
(ie Frillish>Tentacool, Audino>Chansey..)
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I think that it fits about a year or so after B2/W2 on the timeline. I don't think it would be before, especially if they want to make references to past games.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Emrald
Togepi

The only problem with these games taking place before Gen 1 is that Gen 1 had only 151 Pokemon. This would force more of the new Pokemon to be available in any Remakes of FRLG and RSE. So, I think that these games will take place a few years after Black and White.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:40 PM
KJY2J

I think it was said that it tkes place after Black and White 2. I could be wrong though.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
It is plausable that it takes place after Black and White 2, it does have Unova Pokemon in the Region, which confuses me because Unova is said to be isolated as heck, so It's hard to tell, we will most likely find out soon when they are ready to announce it. :)

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Welcome to France. Our route signs are digital.

Considering that we had wooden and plastic/metal signs throughout the generations, and these ones are seemingly holographic (just look closely at the trailer) let's suggest that technology is advancing at a pace faster than the previous games have been.

Maybe this is a 2020-era Pokémon series where the others have been… behind.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
That is possible, I agree with Satoshi. Things do look to be a bit more futureistic.

The Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Supporter Userbars were made by me, if you would like one to support your favorite version, gym leaders, or Elite Four member, message me and I'd be glad to make one for you.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:54 PM
diamondmutt1111
A wild summer appeared!

Nature: Lax
I would prefer after B2W2, but...could happen during B2W2...or the years inbetween BW and B2W2, that actually would be cool

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Forever
let it go

In the future of B2/W2 imo. Or at least at the same time which might make some sense. Not really a fan of it being in the past since X/Y just seem so revolutionary and I'm not sure why (other than the graphics obv lol).
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Michimo
Princess Spectacular

Nature: Sassy
So, I don't THINK this thread has been made yet... But it might have so apologizes if I'm just being repetitive.

The point is to open speculation on where these games will take place in the Pokemon universe, as we know that Gen. I and Gen. III events happen simultaneously, while Gen. II and Gen. IV happen three years from then; also simultaneously.

I'm not sure when, but BW happen sometime after Gen. II/IV, and then direct sequels BW2 happen two years after that.

Soooo... My question is when do you think X and Y take place? I think there is a chance it takes place simutaneously with either BW or BW2.
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:49 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I think BW take place one year after HgSs (mostly cause Sabrina had her vision of Ethan during RGBY time so I'm guessing she had the vision of the B2W2 player after GSC time).
Anyways I'm hoping these games take place during B2W2, maybe in the time between. if it's between I hope we can see N in what he was doing in the mean time or maybe even the old player character .
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:53 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Oh goodie I was planning on making this thread sooner or later. I've been wondering about this ever since it was announced and I quite frankly don't know. It can't be too far off from Gen 5 considering there are Gen 5 pokemon in these new games.

I didn't know about Gen 2 and Gen 4 being simultaneous. I did know about Gen 1 and 3.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Community Supporter

2 and 4 are confirmed by in game events but RSE aren't 100 percent certain to have taken place during RGBY.

Anyways I hope they give us a better idea of the time line as RSEBW are loose in the time line as are B2W2 as the originals aren't certain. Help set the timeline GF! Wow I sound like one of those timeline obsessed Zelda fans...
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Michimo
Princess Spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
Oh goodie I was planning on making this thread sooner or later.
Oops, sorry for stealing the thread idea... No I'm not. At least it's done now, right? c:

Hmm... That basically leaves Gen. V as the only solo timeline. (which is also undefined) I think if Gen. VI events happens after the BW events, but not during the BW2 events, we may get to see N. Which would be cool, in other words in the two year gap between Gen. V games is where Gen VI takes place.

Oh jeez, the Zelda timeline... !! I didn't actually know anyone else even gave the Pokemon timeline any attention so, actually, I'm kinda glad to see responses here.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:16 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
'Fraid the thread idea already did exist actually. No matter, I've merged the two.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:25 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michimo View Post
Oops, sorry for stealing the thread idea... No I'm not. At least it's done now, right? c:

Hmm... That basically leaves Gen. V as the only solo timeline. (which is also undefined) I think if Gen. VI events happens after the BW events, but not during the BW2 events, we may get to see N. Which would be cool, in other words in the two year gap between Gen. V games is where Gen VI takes place.

Oh jeez, the Zelda timeline... !! I didn't actually know anyone else even gave the Pokemon timeline any attention so, actually, I'm kinda glad to see responses here.
Hahaha, it seems like we weren't the only ones with the same question so no worries!

So you're saying in between BW and B2W2...hmmm that's actually very interesting and plausible. It'd be a cool concept but then I wonder why in B2W2 there are no hints at a foreign region or new pokemon...
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Community Supporter

They never hint, every gen and remake Pokémon does a recon of the previous generation/ original versions. Though Juniper (F) did mention something about the number of Pokemon, and how they are many they don't yet know about but don't they usually say that.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Michimo
Princess Spectacular

Quote:
Hahaha, it seems like we weren't the only ones with the same question so no worries!
Ermagsjhsk. OOPS. My fault, but yes, NO WORRIES.

Quote:
I wonder why in B2W2 there are no hints at a foreign region or new pokemon...
Can we consider the fact that the last three male protagonists all look related as a hint? -brick'd- Well, I'd say that because N kinda disappeared could be a kinda hint? If he did go to wherever XY take place... But we don't know where that is yet, epically in regards to every other region, so weak reasoning is weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
They never hint, every gen and remake Pokémon does a recon of the previous generation/ original versions.
I thought that there were a ton of hints in RSE games to the FR/LG remakes, but maybe that's just me.

Last edited by Michimo; January 11th, 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
Let's say that 0 is the year Kyogre and Groudon battled.

0 - Generations I, III, and Pokemon Colosseum took place.

3 - Generations II and IV took place

5 - The events of Pokemon XD took place

circa 13 - The events of Pokemon Black and White took place

circa 15 - The events of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 took place

I really hope that the games take place after B2W2 so there will be less confusion and so things will be organized.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links