The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
Do you guys think they will have seasons and a day and night system in the new generation games? I'd hope so, I think it'd look amazing in 3D, your thoughts on this?

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM
curiousnathan
a hero can be afraid, too

Nature: Careful
Ooo, I never thought of this! I sure hope so. As long as the graphics aren't chunky and messy, bring them on.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
It's funny - they have a habit of arbitrarily deciding that feature X and feature Y will not appear or will appear in limited form - nocturnal Pokémon? Gone in favour of seasonal Pokémon.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
TheFattestSnorlax
カビゴン
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Day and Night simulation would probably be more realistic than the regular DS games - if else at all.

Admin posted above me yay
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
It's funny - they have a habit of arbitrarily deciding that feature X and feature Y will not appear or will appear in limited form - nocturnal Pokémon? Gone in favour of seasonal Pokémon.
It'd be nice if both existed. Last I remember, nocturnal Pokémon was in the metal generation in the headbutt trees.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Sotomura View Post
This, sadly...I really hope to see both seasons and night & day simultaneously! It would give you a reason to not only play at least once a month, but at least sometimes in the day and sometimes and night! The combination could work to stunning effects!
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Forever
let it go

I wouldn't mind losing seasons if there was a day/night feature :x But if it can be BOTH that'd be awesome too, just not neither please. :(
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Elite Four Lucian

I think the additions of Night and Day and the Seasons would make for very unique gameplay, because it can't be the same season or time of day for everyone :)

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:07 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I would like to see both as well, but if one had to go, I would choose seasons. They really have no reason to get rid of day/night though to be honest.
Castform

I dont think they will take that feature out it is just too good. I want them both.

Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Yeah both would definitely be cool~ It makes finding certain forms pokemon more of a challenge~! If anything, I'd go with the seasons feature, but... eh, you know what, it's hard to choose between the two. @__@

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:15 PM
BanditThePikachu
The Raichu of awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to BanditThePikachu
Man, I sure hope so! It'd be awesome to have seasons and day/night cycle. I'm sure it's likely, too.
Well, kinda sure. :P It could happen, it could not. We should just wait and see. :U
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Elite Four Lucian

I don't see them getting rid of Day and Night or Seasons, it's too popular.

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
I want them both! I love it at night when the little lights come on, but seasons is good too.

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Arlo

I would think that a visual day/night cycle is pretty much a gimme. It's easy enough to change the lighting and shaders based on the clock that I don't see how they could not do it.

Beyond that....? I'm not expecting much, honestly. Seasons would be nice, but GF already has their hands full with doing one 3D overworld, and I don't think it's likely that they'll do four. Maybe, and it'd be nice if they managed to pull it off well, but I just don't think it's going to happen. Maybe after they get these two out of the way and get a better idea of the ins and outs of developing for the 3DS.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
What would happen to Sawsbuck if they got rid of seasons? It will undoubtedly return. I hope they last for several months too, its more realistic.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
It's no doubt they'll have D/N systems in it.
It's tradition now, but as for seasons, I'm not wanting it, unless it's more life like, rather than having winter in August and Summer in February.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Ooh, imagine all the pretty lights in 3D! I'm assuming there's a city, and I think it would look really cool at night. :3 Not sure if they'll include seasons, if I remember correctly that was one of the things they advertised with BW, but of course they didn't have this awesome 3D. Still, I can see both happening!
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon_68 View Post
What would happen to Sawsbuck if they got rid of seasons? It will undoubtedly return. I hope they last for several months too, its more realistic.
They might change its gimmick, have it a day/night Pokemon instead if there isn't seasons. :x
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I think day/night is a staple in pokemon games by now. Or I hope it is at least! As for seasons, i don't see why they wouldn't put them in. And they must have seasons for deerling/sawsbuck like dillon said. I'd be seriously annoyed if they didn't include them, but if the addition of these features made the games look worse then I'd be fine without them.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:40 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I was hoping Unova would combine both methods but sadly they didn't. Now I hope they keep the two and mix. I want to see a larger number of season exclusive Pokémon this time around at least.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
I think Day and Night will look really nice, especially from what we've seen about the 3D capabilities in the trailer. You can probably see the moon in the sky, or the sunset, etc. It will look pretty nice. But for Seasons and Day and Night, I would prefer D & N over Seasons really. Just my own preference. Though having them both would be cool, also.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Yes I think that the Day/Night and Seasons would look amazing in 3DS. It would feel like we are playing in the game.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 8th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
They better not >___> Remove them, I mean.

...I have my doubts about day/night making a return, but seasons are at least a possibility? Though with 3D, I don't know how seasons would work, even though in B/W it worked like a charm, so maybe it could be pulled off in this game, who knows~!
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Mama-Mamo
Togepi

Both! Both! Day/night AND Seasons!! (:

With all this hype and brainstorming, it will be terribly disappointing if the game turns out to be nothing close to what we are imagining. xD

Yellow|HeartGold|Sapphire|Platinum|White

Working on HeartGold!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here