• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
I just realized something.

The names for the starters are in English.

Since the they said worldwide in October, now I'm wondering how is Gamefreak actually working on this game in order to be able to send it out worldwide in the same month!?

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
Years
Ommmmmmmmmggggg! The new starters are so cute!!! And i thought Victini was the cutest pokemon ever! Im so getting the fire type starter! And the grapics are soo cool! Its gonna be weird not seeing it the same way the games for DS always use to be but i really have some hope for this Gen~ Hopefully they did a better job with some of the pokemon that they did in black...some just wasn't too creative.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
>D Muahaha.. yes.. October.. just in time for my birthday!

My birthday is in August, so I'm just gonna ask for preorders (if they're available then) or GameStop cards. :3 And I can drink on that birthday! Playing Pokemon X and Y...DRUNK.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Can't they just pick a system and develop it? They were on a good path with the DS, I don't know what the hell happened all of the sudden.
What happened is the DS died and the 3DS took its place.
GUYS I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL I WANNA STAY AND TALK TO Y'ALL ABOUT GEN 6 :( :( :(
Ha ha, I felt the same after I saw the stream at 6am! But I did go to class and I started spazzing...ahh, everyone started talking about X and Y and we all put pics of Froakie on our computer monitors...it was glorious ;u; <3
But it was an non-random-encounter sort of pokemon game, so it was hopeful that they might of done the same for this game. D= Still, there's still no reason that this sort of style can play onto the rarity of pokemon; I dunno, the could of set it so that there is still a 'chance' that you might encounter a rare pokemon, or even a shiny pokemon. Eh.
Just imagine--what's that over there? Could...could it be? A...SHINY?! I have to run to catch it before it leaves and...oh no! Another Pokemon in the area caught up behind me! Got to run, go to run..........welp the shiny is gone now.

So yeah, I know that random encounters are outdated and such, but I appreciate them in Pokemon.

Something random I noticed the titles seem to reference the transition to 3D and genetics at the same time with X (The X Chromosome or the X horizontal plane) and Y (Y chromosome and the Y Vertical Plane). The Legendaries further the reference to 3D with the Y Legendary being Airborne (Vertical) and the X Legendary being Landlocked (Horizontal). Now we just need a Z third version and the 3D references will be complete.
So the Z Pokemon would represent....depth?? Any ideas on how that would work? Because I just can't really conceptualize it (definitely not saying your theory is wrong or anything; I like the idea of the xyz plane but I just have a really difficult time conceptualizing how a "z-plane" Pokemon would work).

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Oh man! I can see you playing drunk, shouting at every new pokemon you encounter "WHAT'S THAT? I HAVE TO CATCH IT" Haha!

And.. OH MY GOD Rivvon I love your signature, it is SPOT ON! The Froakie needs oval-er eyes and more balls but the cabbage-shrew (forget the name) and the fox are spot on!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So the Z Pokemon would represent....depth?? Any ideas on how that would work? Because I just can't really conceptualize it (definitely not saying your theory is wrong or anything; I like the idea of the xyz plane but I just have a really difficult time conceptualizing how a "z-plane" Pokemon would work).

The only thing I can think of is a relation to space and another dimension like Deoxys.

What a great day to not have work.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Well.. Z is forward in 3D.. everything walks forward on the Z axis. X is side to side movement and Y is up and down. So maybe Z could represent going forward through time?

I doubt it though. I liked what another member brought up in the legendary thread about norse mythology and the Z snake. Sorry member, I don't remember your name!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Just saw the trailer - look's pretty cool!

Took me a couple of minutes to realize the legendaries are in the shape of letters.

But if the #666 Pokemon is not evil or dark/fire then tsktsk Gamefreak you have failed me

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
They're releasing the game on October. Enough time for to get myself a Nintendo 3DS for my birthday in August, and just in time to get myself Pokemon Y :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Oh man! I can see you playing drunk, shouting at every new pokemon you encounter "WHAT'S THAT? I HAVE TO CATCH IT" Haha!

And.. OH MY GOD Rivvon I love your signature, it is SPOT ON! The Froakie needs oval-er eyes and more balls but the cabbage-shrew (forget the name) and the fox are spot on!
Ha ha, thank you! XD When I saw it, I knew I had found the greatest fanart to exist! xD
Going forward through time? Maybe removing the restrictions of ethics/morals/boundaries on science to see the full potential of everything.
That is...really deep, really intense, and really, really cool! Game Freak could do a lot with that and open up a ton of storyline possibilities.
Just saw the trailer - look's pretty cool!

Took me a couple of minutes to realize the legendaries are in the shape of letters.

But if the #666 Pokemon is not evil or dark/fire then tsktsk Gamefreak you have failed me
The #666 Pokemon is going to be the final evolution of the #665 Pokemon, Kotonkandee, the cutest creature on the face of the planet.

All this talk of diagonal movement made me realize...oh my gosh joystick movement?! But then again the trailer looked like it still moved on a grid of some sort so that's probably not the case sadly...

Years
I feel the grid movement is just in the Pokemon style, and I think they did a pretty dang good job in using the 3D aspect and making it seem (from what I can see from the trailer) as if there wasn't a grid-style movement, and the camera angles are even better than in B/W.

Sir Codin

I'm actually excited. Now if we can also get SomethingorotherRuby and SomethingorotherSapphire alongside this, I will die a happy man.

Years
AWESOME!!!! POKEMON X & Y (yes i just found out)

I can't watch the video cause all i have is a 3Ds to get on line with. Still, those pics look cool as heck & the fact that it comes out in October is perfect timing for my birthday :) Though i will most likely preorder it, so it will be a birthday present to myself :) Yaay!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
AWESOME!!!! POKEMON X & Y (yes i just found out)

I can't watch the video cause all i have is a 3Ds to get on line with. Still, those pics look cool as heck & the fact that it comes out in October is perfect timing for my birthday :) Though i will most likely preorder it, so it will be a birthday present to myself :) Yaay!

You can watch it on the eShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back