The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Pokemon X 153 34.85%
Pokemon Y 194 44.19%
Both 92 20.96%
Voters: 439. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Order and Chaos is definitely a possibility~

Whatever these new legendary pokemon represent, it'll be quite apparent that it will has something to do with the world... one way or another. It can be like, light and darkness because in a way, one can't survive without the other, even though these two forces conflict with each other. I really wish that this has something to do with DNA though - maybe these legendary pokemon represent the genetic codes of pokemon.

That can be interesting!

In other news, I am liking the new designs for these; it's a great step up from Gen V! That giant bird legendary reminds me of Mandibuzz + Lugia put together.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM
TaichiWind
X

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to TaichiWind
Okay look guys. LOOK AT FRIKKIN THIS.

It's a post from the Nuzlocke forums by a very smart person who goes by the nickname Urahara. I can't stop not buying this because NOTHING can stop me from buying this theory.

Here's the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urahara
I have a crazy theory.

I am willing to bet a decent amount that there will be a legendary squirrel, A legendary snake, and maybe a legendary tree pokemon this generation.

Insofar, we've seen a legendary deer, and a legendary bird. They seem a little bit disjointed when compared to other cover legendaries, and they would be if you didn't know your norse mythology.

Yggdrasil is the world tree, and on the world tree, there are several animals you can find. An eagle (or a rooster)roosting at the top, four deer walking along the branches eating the buds, A squirrel who scurries up and down the trunk, and a snake who bites at the roots.

Kinda a loose correlation I know, but look at the deer. That thing has FOUR sets of antlers, a little bit coincidental, considering he has some unknown relationship with a bird that got him the cover page.

(plus a snake could totes make a Z shape.)
Aside from legendary tree. Try saying that out loud. A legendary tree Pokémon. FMITA but that sounds stupid.

That's right... It's begun again... How long must this war go on?
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

I said earlier that the Legendary 'Z' could be a snake! Great minds think alike.

Anyway, who knows. It is certainly a possibility.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:52 PM
LiquoriceBeef
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
I never really liked Virizion so I don't like the deer-thingy but the Y-dragon is derpy... does anyone else want a legendary fish pokemon? Not a whale like Kyogre, but a monstrous fish with fangs and a tailfin that could *****-slap a Wailord. :D

Last edited by LiquoriceBeef; January 8th, 2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: derp
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
Y is part Dark type by the looks of it. I wonder what Y is? It seems part Psychic.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Mama-Mamo
Togepi

Nature: Brave
From the screenshot, the Y Pokemon looks god awful... ):

The X Pokemon looks way cool!! Reminds me of Harry Potter's patronus. :3

Yellow|HeartGold|Sapphire|Platinum|White

Working on HeartGold!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Hello, Princess Mononoke Forest Deer God Thing!

I really like them both. Reshiram and Zekrom were SICK, and these are under them but I think they're still fantastic. Obviously I prefer the deer/elk, but the red vulture/dragon/mutant thing is awesome, too. Great designs this time around!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I like the deer one a lot, actually. :3 It's much more appealing to me than the flying Y~ I will probably pick that one up but I'll have to see what exclusive features it has!

Quote:
Aside from legendary tree. Try saying that out loud. A legendary tree Pokémon. FMITA but that sounds stupid.
Sudowoodo.. heck yeah.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Quasar Infinity
Bloodskal Bladesman

Nature: Relaxed
Judging by how difficult it is to tell what type the legendaries are, perhaps they are implementing tri-type pokemon. It would be a lot easier to guess their typing if this were true.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:06 PM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Totally calling
Dark/Flying
Grass/Steel

Anyhow...
did anyone else notice THE SHINY BRIGHT LIGHTS ON THE ANTLERS OF X?

I'm pretty sure I figured what they represent.

The 4 DNA bases.
A T C G

Now if only I could figure what creepy life-sucking thing Y is supposed to resemble, and why it has 5 claws on each wing/tail....
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Brane
-

I don't really know my position on these new legendaries, but I can say I was disappointed on the final frames of both of them. I thought the flying Pokemon was amazing until I saw those really weird wings and claws on the end of them. The reindeer (or whatever it is) was also amazing until I saw the extremely oversized peacock stuck to it's head. I think they should have removed those overly extravagant features and the Pokemon might have been a bit more interesting for me. I'm still looking forward to what role they play and how they actually look in game.
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Syncai
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Damn that dragon vulture thing looks cool but...but...LOOK AT THAT MAJESTIC BEAST.
The colours and those horns and it's over design just <33 it seriously looks like a god, reminds me of the Qilin/Qirin from 'Princess Mononoke".

I'm thinking the red beast will maybe be, ghost/dark/fire/flying/dragon
and the blue stag may be,
steel/phychic/water/dragon/electric
maybe even new types or multiple/tri types.

I was thinking earlier, since dna was involved in black and white 2 alot, maybe they represent the chromosomes in a way? Or even genes or life, the stag looks like it could be a life god, and the flying thing a death god?

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I love them both! I can't wait til they're released!!!

Wonder Trade!!!
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:36 PM
dontstay96
Grass-man

Nature: Modest
please don't make them dragon type!!! I'm tired of dragos... the Y one should be dark/flying IMO
Champion of the Single Grass Monotype Challenge on Pokémon Sapphire
Champion of the Nuzlocke Challenge on Pokémon Platinum
"No man can eat 50 eggs" - Tré Cool
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontstay96 View Post
please don't make them dragon type!!! I'm tired of dragos... the Y one should be dark/flying IMO
Ehhhhh I don't think any of them would be dragon, the Y legendary, as you said, looks like it could be more dark/flying than anything else, and the X Pokemon looks like it could be Steel/Psychic, or something along those lines.

In that case, we'd have mascot Pokemon that would have nothing to do with each other type-wise! It makes this game even more interesting to me~
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
I would love to have a snake type legendary, that would be cool. But for the ones we've seen, honestly, I like both. At first I thought the bird was a Mandibuzz though, and the bottom looked kind of weird. I also like the Deer legendary, but its antlers are a bit too big imo...
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
I'm kind of meh on both of them, but I do prefer the X Pokemon, jesus deer aka Super Virizion to that hideous bird thing.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I can copy and paste my post from the thread that I made (which was closed because this thread already existed and 'cause I didn't look hard enough). Alright, here it was:

Quote:
Technically, I think the one in Pokémon X will be a Water/Steel type (or Light/Steel type if the Light type is introduced) and it's name would be Xilicon (combination of X and Silicon), while the one in Pokémon Y would be a Fire/Flying type and would be called Yulture (combination of Y and vulture).

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:10 PM
MantisboyN

I just hope that the flying one isn't Flying-Dragon (or Dragon at all unless it's something totally unique). I'd be down for a Poison-Dragon if it came down to it for the flying one.

I'd also be somewhat disappointed if the other one is water or fighting in any combination (again, unless it's something totally unique (Water-Fire finally?))
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Light/Steel would be very cool, but I don't know if that would be introduced. I think maybe Grass/Steel?
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM
XSky RiderX
'That Guy'

I'm pretty confident to say that a legendary 'Z' Pokemon would be a snake-like Pokemon.

I'm going to stick with the theory that these legendaries are based off the three dimensions (x, y, z) instead of chromosomes, or whatever.

X represents length, and is a land-based legendary.
Y represents height, and is a sky-based legendary.
Z represents depth, so I have a good feeling about a sea-snake sort of legendary.
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSky RiderX View Post
I'm pretty confident to say that a legendary 'Z' Pokemon would be a snake-like Pokemon.

I'm going to stick with the theory that these legendaries are based off the three dimensions (x, y, z) instead of chromosomes, or whatever.

X represents length, and is a land-based legendary.
Y represents height, and is a sky-based legendary.
Z represents depth, so I have a good feeling about a sea-snake sort of legendary.
I doubt it, I mean if each is a game mascot and the X&Y logos have DNA strands in them, I'm finding it hard to believe that X & Y stand for dimensional axis rather than gender-based chromosomes.

Maybe Z = Mewthree? ;D
Yeah, no. >_>

Old January 9th, 2013, 01:07 AM
xRekke
Shiny Hunter

Y's legendary look like some boss from MonsterHunter !

Shiny Hunter at your Service!
THE HUNT IS ON!

Add me up! 3ds friend code: 4270-0863-3280

Friend Safari : FIGHTING
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:15 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Just remember guys: color does not equal type.

Cause I saw several posts saying for X to be Water??

Ya know, for starters color is a clear indication, but by now, everyone should have figured out that as far as the epic legendaries go, their color is barely ever related to their type. Its always more about the concepts and ideas behind their designs.

So even though there is not a single green bit on X, I'm convinced it will turn out Grass type.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:53 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
I think the Bird is Y and the stag is X, The birds three wings literally make up a Y, and if you look Past the Stags antlers, it makes a kind of sickle shaped X. But now my opinions, I love them both i will start with Stag, great elegant design, I really like the legs design I think it gives it a somewhat Regal appearance, and the antlers are quite memorizing with the light glow i really like this Pokemon.

Now the Bird I think this Pokemon is fantastic again great design i especially love the dark blood red and contrasting with the black. The two wings and the tail wing also looks quite impressive and i love the hook talons at the end of them, i also really like the design of its face and horns it makes him look quite impressive and intimidating.

The bird in my eyes slightly edges out the stag but i think i would decided which game to buy based on the version exclusives.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links