• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Suggestion: 4th Gen

Years
If we're going for rearranging forums then the set-up I see working best would be along these lines:

Main-Series Pokémon Games
Sixth Generation Games (3DS)
Fifth Generation Games (DS)
Fourth Generation Games (DS)
Advance Generation Games (GBA)
Metal and Color Generation Games (GB/GBC)

Pokémon Gaming Discussions
Pokémon Gaming Central
Trade Corner
Battle Center
Challenges
Spinoff Games

I personally like this format, but I'd work on another section name for Trade Corner/PGC/Challenges/Battle Center, etc, as those sections are more about physical aspects of playing the game like battling and trading that discussing them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Most likely thing that'll be done is reassigning Sydian to the individual forums, rather than the entire General Pokémon Gaming Discussions category. I'm thinking that'll be what'll happen if Gen IV is moved to General Pokémon Gaming Discussions anyway as well, especially since that forum already has a moderator, and certainly doesn't need two.

Personally, I'd rather keep the games in one category and the extensive discussions on the games and alternative methods of playing the games in another. So I would vastly prefer something that looked like this:

Pokémon Gaming Discussions
Sixth Generation Games (3DS)
Fifth Generation Games (DS)
Fourth Generation Games (DS)
Advance Generation Games (GBA)
Metal and Color Generation Games (GB/GBC)
Spinoff Games

Alternative Pokémon Gaming
Pokémon Gaming Central
Trade Corner
Battle Center
Challenges

To me, that makes the absolute most sense. Keep all the game forums together, and all the other forums that relate to gaming enough in another and rename the categories to make more sense. That said, I also understand why it is what it is now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wow guys, way to out me and tell me I'm losing my forums, lol. :|

I don't see the point in changing this stuff anyway. Hasn't caused any problems til now where everyone's fussing over it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I doubt it'll get changed regardless.

33003703.jpg

Just don't see the point in changing and rearranging, really.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would rather if BW and B2W2 weren't outright merged and rather recreated as fifth generation (leaving the other two as archives as they are far too different to be outright merged as they are), then leave fourth gen where it is until RS remakes when fourth goes to PGC and it'd look the same as before in the amount of forums before gen 6. Given that B2W2 and BW are similar in gaming it'd make sense if they're done now rather than later because as it is BW has nothing for people to post in while if anything people will discuss B2W2 because it has the fancy features of Unova and fourth gen is still loved because of HG/SS. Just my pov though given I now have to somehow make BW active and appealing when it has to compete with its brother and the new kid in town.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Or just make a DS generation forum with gen 4 (split back into dppt and hgss perhaps) and BW and B2W2 (not merged) and there ya go.

lol nica rse remakes come on now :(

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Or just make a DS generation forum with gen 4 (split back into dppt and hgss perhaps) and BW and B2W2 (not merged) and there ya go.

lol nica rse remakes come on now :(

The issue with that, like Marcin mentioned is, DPPt and HGSS were originally their own sections and were merged to increase activity. Fourth Gen isn't the most active forum even with the two merged, so splitting them up seems a little counter-productive.

I like the idea of separating the Main Series Pokemon Games into Generations. And then I suppose BW and B2W2 could be archived and then be remade into one Fifth Generation Gaming section. So, yeah I'm all for Nick's and Alex's suggested rearrangements.

Back