Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page Patching & Emulation Help Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old January 8th, 2013 (09:00 PM).
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
It works well on PC, but I'm sure there's something that could fix it on PSP;
For example I was able to play Pokemon hacks uploaded here after I changed something in the gPSP configuration file, there could be a similar solution for my ROM?
Old January 9th, 2013 (01:52 AM).

Is there a way to trade or battle in 4th gen games in no$gba using double screen? the game freezes when i try.
Old January 9th, 2013 (03:27 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by goukazaru:
Is there a way to trade or battle in 4th gen games in no$gba using double screen? the game freezes when i try.
Of course, it's not possible with No$GBA, it is probably possible with DeSmuME.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old January 11th, 2013 (01:18 AM).

I dont need any links or anything special i just need to know how i can get a ups or ips to a gba gb or anything like that. none of the files are working..
Old January 17th, 2013 (01:21 PM).

Is there any action replay/gameshark code in pokemon ruby (US) for x2 xp? I want to speed up training without feeling like.I have cheated too much.
Old January 17th, 2013 (03:19 PM).

Does anyone know how to make the IPS or ups files to run on an android phone via gameboid
I have some that work but most do not. Was wondering if there is a way to make it work!

I have an old version of dark rising and flora that work if IRS zipped!

Thanks!
Old January 18th, 2013 (04:52 AM).

Patter, you either have to patch on your pc or get my boy, which automatically patches if the names match.
Old January 18th, 2013 (01:44 PM).

Minidonn thanks for the quick response. I tried my boy but it just fails to load the game. I'm guessing the files are too compressed and the emulator can't run it. I have games that work but they are 15-30 megs! The IPA and ups files are like 2 megs. Any other ideas to make it work?!
Old January 18th, 2013 (02:01 PM).
fun in the sun
Platinum Tier

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by patter:
Minidonn thanks for the quick response. I tried my boy but it just fails to load the game. I'm guessing the files are too compressed and the emulator can't run it. I have games that work but they are 15-30 megs! The IPA and ups files are like 2 megs. Any other ideas to make it work?!
The game needs to be patched. Be sure you're using a clean version of what the game is based on, then apply the hack using a patching utility. Then any GBA emulator should load your hacks just fine.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president.
In my mind, I am a game developer.
But in my heart, I am a gamer."

- Satoru Iwata, 1959 - 2015
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:57 AM).

Happy new year guys, really hope this forum is still active. I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game any insight on how i can fix this Ash493?
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:12 AM).

I think MyBoy only supports IPS patches at the moment (Not to sure on this) but it seems to be working for me, make sure you are using the correct ROM base and both have the exact same name. Also if they are compressed they need to be in the .rar or .zip with the ROM, do this by getting a file manager . Also try the ROM before you patch it, it could just be a bad ROM. Also what phone have you got? It could just be it can't handle patching it, in which case you will need a PC to patch it.
Old January 19th, 2013 (07:32 AM). Edited January 19th, 2013 by duskthedarkrai.
Keeper of Nightmares

Nature: Relaxed
ok, i can't save eplorers of sky on desmume. save states work, but i can't use wonder mail or continue after beating dialga....please help

(update) ok, i got it to work on no$gba
(edit2) However i would still like to know what's up with desmume in case i have any problems with no$gba in the future.....
Old January 19th, 2013 (02:20 PM).

I'm using a galaxy s3. Gameboid and myboy . I will try to patch it sometime and see if that helps!
Old January 19th, 2013 (05:12 PM).
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
Hello, I am trying to play Pokemon FireRed on the VisualBoyAdvance, but whenever I try to do so, the game tells me that the IBS Sub-Circuit Board is not installed or something to that effect. It's making it so I can't save my game. This wouldn't be an issue were it not for the fact that this means I can't do anything after beating the Elite Four. Is there any way to fix this?
Old January 20th, 2013 (12:39 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by duskthedarkrai:
ok, i can't save eplorers of sky on desmume. save states work, but i can't use wonder mail or continue after beating dialga....please help

(update) ok, i got it to work on no$gba
(edit2) However i would still like to know what's up with desmume in case i have any problems with no$gba in the future.....
You must be using wrong version of DeSmuME...
What surprises me that No$GBA actually started saving...
Anyways, DeSmuME works with PMD Sky correctly so there must be something wrong with your emulator.

Quote originally posted by Puppeteer Mask:
Hello, I am trying to play Pokemon FireRed on the VisualBoyAdvance, but whenever I try to do so, the game tells me that the IBS Sub-Circuit Board is not installed or something to that effect. It's making it so I can't save my game. This wouldn't be an issue were it not for the fact that this means I can't do anything after beating the Elite Four. Is there any way to fix this?
Do you have 128k Flash as Save Type and Real Time Clock enabled?

Old January 20th, 2013 (12:46 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Kingzamz:
Happy new year guys, really hope this forum is still active. I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game any insight on how i can fix this Ash493?
There might be something wrong with ROM rather than emulator...
As I've been saying, I had no problems playing White 2 on DeSmuME 0.9.8...
Try to download another ROM that is patched.

Old January 20th, 2013 (07:29 AM). Edited January 20th, 2013 by duskthedarkrai.
Keeper of Nightmares

Thanks, i'll try a different version and see what comes up

(edit) i just remembered, when i try to import a backup file it says that it can't determine a save size......figured i'd put this here in case it's part of the problem. Also, when i save it says it's completing the save, but when i look there's no save file.......again, just asking in case i have any problems from no$gba

(edit2) silly me....i should probably mention i'm using the newest version of desmume.....should i try with an older version?
Old January 20th, 2013 (09:26 PM).

i did that with four different black 2 roms and 3 different white 2 roms and all if them gave me the exact same problem. I even went so far as trying blaze black 2
Old January 20th, 2013 (11:44 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

i did that with four different black 2 roms and 3 different white 2 roms and all if them gave me the exact same problem. I even went so far as trying blaze black 2
That's weird... can you re-download DeSmuME?
That's the last thing I can think of... because if it's not in ROM, it might be emulator, I guess...

Old January 20th, 2013 (11:51 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by duskthedarkrai:
(edit2) silly me....i should probably mention i'm using the newest version of desmume.....should i try with an older version?
0.9.8 has the best support for Sky... it's really weird it doesn't save...
Can you try different build of 0.9.8?

Old January 21st, 2013 (06:28 AM).
Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Do you have 128k Flash as Save Type and Real Time Clock enabled?
That worked! Thank you. I had a feeling it was something simple to that effect, but I couldn't for the life of me figure it out on my own.
Old January 21st, 2013 (07:35 AM).
Keeper of Nightmares

I can try it if you think it'll help
Old January 23rd, 2013 (05:47 PM).

...I'm new here and looking for ome help desperately. Im running Des Emu 0.9.8 with white 2 but the 2nd rival battle at Flocessy Ranch won't activate and as a result i cannot advance in the game...
By chance, you are used POKESAV over your battery file?. To be used without precaution corrupt some events (the case that you mention happened to me, while it was checking the compatibility). If was the case, I am afraid that the only thing that you can do is to begin again the game.

PD: Does not exist a PokeSAV for BW2, but a few noticed, is possible use PokeSAV for BW1 over the battery file of BW2, and then "correct it" loading and saving in PokeGEN. Nevertheless, though seems work correctly, in fact, PokeSAV-BW introduces some not wanted changes that probably are not notorious immediately. Puf... the solution happens for doing a cumbersome correction... a guy known as GeminiPolux wrote a program to do, but it is only slightly amicable, though it works well (if you are an extreme fanatic of PokeSAV I can publish for you).
Old February 1st, 2013 (12:10 PM). Edited February 1st, 2013 by Jim Boob.
Freelance Mapper

Send a message via Skype™ to Jim Boob
Original post -
Spoiler:
I am having some issues moving tiles around. I have created a lot of maps on one tile set that I want to insert into a rom with a different tile set. So my logic is if i move the tiles in the second rom around so they are in the same places as there equivalent tiles were in the original rom I should be able to insert the map without distorting it to much.

However I think my method for doing this is wrong.
I go into A map >>> open the new rom >>> block editor >>> picture >>> save tile set 1.

Then I open tile set 1 in paint with the intention of moving the tiles around but when I open it up in paint half the tiles are just black.

Sorry I have always been awful with tiles
- Jim

I apologize for being a retard.
Old February 2nd, 2013 (10:35 AM).
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
So I'm trying to link 2 visualboy advance windows together to trade from gold to silver, they are both open at the same time and active, online tutorials say that I should go to the menu bar and choose "options > link", well I don't have that "link" choice, it's not there. HELP?!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)