The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
This has been a reascending theme in pokémon for a while now, but lately, we've seen a lot of appearances from the characters of the old games. For example, we saw Jasmine in gen 4, and in Gen 5, we've practically saw every gym leader and champion from the past pokemon games. We've been seeing the Sinnoh champ Cynthia a lot, especially.

So, do you think that they will make more cameo appearances in these games? Who would you believe will make a brief appearance? For example, maybe we can see the main protagonists from the past games, other than Red? How about other important characters like past rivals? (ie. Silver)

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:48 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Cameron, he was epiccaly funny!

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:50 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

I'd love to see a return for Silver/Kamon. He's perhaps the darkest character in all the Pokémon games and it'd be great to see how his character has developed. I'd like to see if the end of G/S/C was correct and he reformed or if he went back to his dark ways, he could even be the leader of the team of cronies if necessary.

paired with christos
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:51 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Game Freak seems to have a thing for Cynthia, so I think we'll see her again. I also think we'll see Professor Oak and Professor Juniper at some point. Maybe a person from Hoenn like Steven or even Mr. Briney too (a hit for remakes?)
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
SaniOKh
The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
I might be wrong, but I thought the girl who followed the player character at one point in the trailer was Rosa from B2/W2 (well... she had the same hair as Rosa) .

Friend codes:
Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.

PROTIP: If your "video game" can be replicated using only MS Word, then it's not a game, and you have no business calling yourself an indie game developer. Just saying... to no one in particular.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
N I think might show up idk why I just have that feeling, Cynthia is a lock because GF loves her, but eh who doesn't? She is amazing.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:59 PM
lineofdeath

My freind suspects, guess who.............
The idiot known as lyra
(No offence to lyra)

peace is key...

..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing at least one or two of the other region's Champions (Cynthia, Alder, Steven), and one or both of Professor Oak and Juniper. I think N could be another realisitc possibility, but would probably play a smaller role than expected.

The only one that I'm confident that we'll end up seeing is Looker- being a member of the International Police and whatnot.
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
lineofdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
I have a feeling that we'll be seeing at least one or two of the other region's Champions (Cynthia, Alder, Steven), and one or both of Professor Oak and Juniper. I think N could be another realisitc possibility, but would probably play a smaller role than expected.

The only one that I'm confident that we'll end up seeing is Looker- being a member of the International Police and whatnot.
Backing you up on looker

Spoiler:
looker is to appear in the anemie again soon.

peace is key...

Old January 8th, 2013, 03:56 PM
therandompoketrainer
random trainer

Nature: Relaxed
They have to put red in the game. That's what most people want anyway :D
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:17 PM
RedJ
[*TRUMPETS INTENSIFY*]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
I'd love to see a return for Silver/Kamon. He's perhaps the darkest character in all the Pokémon games and it'd be great to see how his character has developed. I'd like to see if the end of G/S/C was correct and he reformed or if he went back to his dark ways, he could even be the leader of the team of cronies if necessary.
I wouldn't mind seeing this. I was hoping they would shed a bit more light on this in HG/SS, but they didn't. Something tells me he wont be in this particular game, though.

Aside from that:

-Professor Oak, which is almost obligatory
-Steven/Wallace, or one of the Hoenn Gym Leaders
-Hilbert/Hilda, because why not and I sort of want to see if any comments will be made on the similarities between Hilbert and the male protagonist

Can't say I really want to see Cynthia, seeing as she's been in literally every game since D/P.

Old January 8th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Gary0ak
TPP ROM Hacker

I would like to see moi
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I hope we see lance again..

Oh I'm really hoping for Officer Jenny for once! Or Brock! Or Both; married and with kids or something hahaha!!

And the dude that makes pokeballs from acorns, I don't know why but I have a soft spot for him and the dude from the safari zone.. poor old guys!

Seeing Giovanni again would also be awesome!!
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I think it'd be cool if they brought back numerous people from the games like Team Rocket and what not and maybe Magma and Aqua, you know stuff like that.

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 8th, 2013, 04:53 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
I'd like to see N make a reappearance of course, as well as Colress, also if they kept the world tournament that would be a great idea too, more cameos the merrier.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Well since Fantina can speak french, and the game is based on France(and she could be from there), I think she will make a cameo appearance.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
And the dude that makes pokeballs from acorns, I don't know why but I have a soft spot for him and the dude from the safari zone.. poor old guys!
Yeah, having those would be fun! Maybe his distant cousin or something?

Maybe N will appear again! I can see it either way. I have a feeling that maybe Alder will show up, though maybe he's busy teaching in Unova. I think we might have another Oak sighting, surprised he didn't show up in the previous generation n_n

@Zet: Ooh, that's a good point. If she's not important probably in like the main city or something, maybe near the Pokemon tower resembling the Eiffel Tower?

Last edited by Altairis; January 8th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
I think Cynthia and Alder will appear, and you can probably battle them also, or at least Cynthia. But I kind of want to see almost everyone... like N, and some gym leaders from Sinnoh and Hoenn. Like what Zet said about Fantina, she would be interesting to meet.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed
Hoping Cynthia, as she is my favorite Champion. We'll probably get a quick visit from N. He has a huge fan following now and, last time he checked in, he was contemplating meeting up with Hilbert/Hilda, who is also abroad.

Now that we've got the likely ones out of the way, I wouldn't mind seeing what Cheren or Bianca are up to nowadays. Prof. Birch hasn't been seen for a while either. I doubt we'll actually see previous protagonists. They're supposed to be empty vessels we place ourselves into, so seeing one moving around, talking, and acting autonomously would be super weird.

The last time Game Freak did that was with Red in Gen2, the remakes, and in the PWT, and I don't even know if that qualifies. I mean, he didn't talk or move in GSC and the remakes, and he just followed what everyone else did in the PWT, so that's not really autonomous. They'd certainly be breaking the mold if they gave a previous protagonist an actual personality and individual motives though.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Forever
let it go

I want to see N appear. I don't think he'll be such a big character in Unova and suddenly disappear in future games honestly. Even the shadow triad lmao.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I hope you can use a Memory Link-like feature and have double battles with N and the BW protag xD
I also hope to just...catch a glimpse of the Shadow Triad, maybe just get a bit more insight onto who they might actually be.

There are tons of other characters I'd love to see in this 3D style too; Looker seems like a good choice since he's not only a wonderful character all-around, but part of InterPol! He could easily assist the protagonist in their quest against whatever evil they might have to face.
Also Emmet and Ingo but that's just wishful thinking ;;

Last edited by Rivvon; January 8th, 2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Serperion
The Fallen King

Nature: Calm
My five most likely by thoughts are these

1 - Prof. Oak
2 - Cynthia
3 - Prof. Juniper
4 - N
5 - Alder

Should Beauty ever be my best feature I would simply die
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
I would love to see Skyla again, just to see what she looks like in 3D. I'd also like to see Steven and Wallace, they'd bring back some good memories and maybe hint at a RSE remake.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Ugh, Looker? Can we not? Please?
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

You-know-who from Mt. Silver? Please let's leave him out as well.

In fact I'd be perfectly happy if there were no cameo appearances at all in these games. Sure it was cool when Jasmine showed up in Sunyshore but since then the whole cameo thing has been overdone to the point where the appearances now seem tacked-on, random and serve little purpose other than fanservice (I point at the world tournament as the most blatant example of this).

Please, let's let the new characters have their chance to shine and keep the old ones completely out of this one unless of course, they wanted to bring back the groovetastic Miror B.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP