The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Old January 9th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
(I don't think there's a thread for this yet, but, feel free to move or lock, or whatever)

In any case, of course there is a strong possibility of different types of pokéballs returning (ie. the classic pokéball, the greatball, the ultraball, the master ball, etc.) However, in this new game, will there be new types of pokéballs? What would those types of pokéballs be named, and what types of special effects would they have? (mostly the special effects that have not really have been introduced to the pokémon world yet).

Would the pokéballs play another special type of role in the story? Like, if you take a look at the events transpired in BW, Team Plasma and especially N was against the idea of the whole 'confine pokémon in pokéballs idea'. I know some people, including myself might of speculated that Pokemon X and Y would probably be more science and technology based, so perhaps pokéballs might be influenced with that particular theme?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:42 AM
BLOOOD-La-ti-
This is the place to try!

Nature: Jolly
The Poke ball,Great ball,ultra ball and master ball will still exist in the game ofc.
But the rest...I don't think they will exist any longer,such as, repeat ball,timer ball,dusk ball and etc.

oh check this out:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=373174
My new account. :3
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Hoenn
» Just a cat and mouse game
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I'd like for them to introduce some sort of Light Ball that works well on Pokemon with a lighter weight. There's already a Heavy Ball so why not? Plus there's just as many lighter Pokemon as there are heavier.

Old January 9th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Ω & α... Join the Bandwagon!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Yup. Also why only have type specified for bug and water? Can't we have fire balls, grass balls, steel balls (no pun intended) and so on? That would be cool.
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:00 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
^^ Yup. Also why only have type specified for bug and water? Can't we have fire balls, grass balls, steel balls (no pun intended) and so on? That would be cool.
I've been sorta thinking that too~

But I dunno how they should name each of them to correspond with the types you can capture. Well, maybe they can name pokeballs that are based off of certain traps. Like say... a general 'trap ball' that sorta represents a trap hole cleverly covered on a rough surface for pokemon types like... Fire, Ground or Rock. Well, those types of pokemon usually live in caves and I guess the Dusk Ball can cover that, but, it'd be coo, and clever if they had more pokeballs that are for more specific types.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Vintage Arachnid
im always watchin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Vintage Arachnid
I don't think they should do Pokeballs on all types because that's just overboard and too much but if they were to pick another two types that can go together like bug and water then I say they should go for it. I want them to come up with creative names not just completely obvious ones.

As for the new ones... I'm not sure maybe one like Moon Ball except for a different evolution stone.

THE EXTREMELY JEALOUS PAIR OF CAREFULWETPAINT
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:00 AM
curiousnathan
woop woop

Nature: Careful
I really couldn't care less about the implementation of new types of Pokeballs. I catch all my Pokemon in regular Pokeballs only.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
I hope they keep all the Pokeballs we had previously. Like Dive Balls! I would love the return of apricorn balls, but I know that's unlikely.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Livewire
でんきタイプ

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Livewire
They should keep Dusk, Quick, Timer, etc, because they look cool and have cool animations when the Pokemon come out of them. Some new ones would be alright though.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I always wanted the different kinds of balls like they had in HG/SS and G/S/C...like, having different kinds of Pokeballs made based on the level, gender, and all of that sort of stuff was pretty cool to me.
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM
smurf
Veteran Trainer

i think they should bring back the concept of being able to make your pokeballs out of appricorns i love doing that in the old games gives you a better veriety
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Perico
Ripper

Nature: Gentle
I think that a new one called "Chromo Ball" would be just amazing. It'd remind of chromosomes (because of its design) and it'd allow you to catch Pokemon easily when you send Xerneas or Yveltal to fight the Pokemon lol

I know it's no use, but I just like the name ~.~

Allez, hop!
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
diamondmutt1111
A wild summer appeared!

Nature: Lax
I hope all the balls return...some of the new balls suggested above are cool...what about a dragon and some other type ball? Maybe steel or dark?

“Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi
#swablunest/Youtube/Blogger
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Arlo

I'm certain the current set will all return, and I really hope that they'll add more. I like using whatever pokeballs have the animation and shaders that, to me, best fit the pokemon, and more balls equals more animations and more shaders, so more opportunities to get really good combinations.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I'd like to see all the types of Pokeballs return... that includes the likes of the Heavy Ball, Friend Ball, Quick Ball, Dusk Ball, Luxury Ball, Dive Ball, Repeat Ball and everything else really.
I like making a challenge for myself where I catch each Pokemon in a different type of Pokeball.

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:09 AM
funguy10
Togepi

I think the seals from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum should return.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM
PokeTeckers
Unhatched Egg

Someone pointed out that on the trailer there is a part that shows some really weird round buildings that resemble the buildings used in Pokemon XD by the bad guys. Who used snag balls.

Could it be that in this game there will be snag balls? I hope not.

Video Walkthroughs Link
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:22 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I want EVERY pokemon to return. And even have some new ones too

And maybe have some color balls? Like Pink ball, Black ball, Red ball etc. And those Pokeball would work better on Pokemon that are the same color as the Pokeball
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:28 AM
PokeTeckers
Unhatched Egg

That would be awesome! Like the custom Pokeballs that appear in the anime.

Video Walkthroughs Link
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
What about a Legend Ball that works best on legendaries? Or a Mystic Ball for dragons, psychics, ghost and darks? That would be cool.

It would also be cool if we had a specific ball to catch the mascots in. I like the name Chromo Ball.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Cyanide

I would really like a feature where you can change the type of Pokeball your pokemons in.

WINS:24
LOSE:6
DRAWS:0

VGC Doubles

wins: 23
Lose:8
draws: 0

Always up for a battle, PM me!

FC gen 5: 2924-7487-5102
FC WHITE2: still too lazy to look.

ARMY STRONG
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:20 PM
EKMPoke
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Yup. Also why only have type specified for bug and water? Can't we have fire balls, grass balls, steel balls (no pun intended) and so on? That would be cool.
I would love for this... even if the capture chance is just 10% more. I think now that GF have moved up graphically they should go all out with Poke balls emerging effects and graphics.

I would love to see my Charizard coming out of a blazing pokeball fiery explosion!... maybe even return with the pokeball customizing of Diamond and Pearl (Although I'm not certain if they did away with that feature in subsequent installments)

Pokemon is getting fanceeeeyyyyy
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
How about a Pokeball that is just plain whatever colour it wants to be but changes colour/pattern to match the primary type of whatever Pokemon is in it? Like the hall of fame in Gen V.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

I normally only use Quick Balls, and then Dusk/Ultra Balls if it fails depending on the time of day.

Perhaps a Poke Ball that works better when a Pokemon is in a specific health range? Like something that's awesome when a Pokemon's within 40%-50% health instead. I'm not sure how much use that would be though.

Or balls that are better if it's raining or hailing or sunny or something.

Come to think of it, with the diversity we have now, I don't think we'll get any new ones. I mean, what further use would they have?

Though Poke Balls designed to have more decorative send-out animations would be welcome.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:34 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I'd like to see all the PokéBalls, with Kurt's being able to be bought from some market or something. I would also like to see new Pokéballs, maybe one that causes the enemy damage when it fails.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here