The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:28 AM
curiousnathan
I will find you

Nature: Quiet
The only thing I'd say (and this is probably can't be changed) but the OW sprite of the male protagonist looks like a female. I keep mistaking him for a female, even though I've seen the two side by side.

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:37 AM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
The only thing I'd say (and this is probably can't be changed) but the OW sprite of the male protagonist looks like a female. I keep mistaking him for a female, even though I've seen the two side by side.
Maybe it's the "long" hair and especially the red hairband thing.
Like in this image:
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

When you see him in larger sprites (also seen in the game) you see quite well what his gender is.

Admittedly, you can see him as looking quite feminine, but it's probably your perception of hairstyles :p
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:43 AM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Now I look at this image:
What are the white stripes in his hair?First I thought it was for the hairband, but the stripes look much larger then then the red band itself.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

That's a really outdated screenshot, in which is in the outdated screenshots section in fact. I do plan on updating the main post soon however. You can tell by the tiles that everything looks different even. That's about a year old.
Old January 9th, 2013, 05:47 AM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
That's a really outdated screenshot, in which is in the outdated screenshots section in fact. I do plan on updating the main post soon however. You can tell by the tiles that everything looks different even. That's about a year old.
Oh I see now,looking at more screens I noticed it gets different;

Last edited by djfunky; January 9th, 2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:24 AM
jbrown12333

Well having a project as cool as this one at a standstill is no good. If you know exactly what you need done scripting-wise, why not hire a freelance RGSS scripter to do it and make a Kickstarter to get the money for it. This is such a popular project that people are bound to contribute a little bit to help make it work. Just a thought. Good luck, I'm looking forward to completion someday!
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

This graphics have always appealed to me greatly.I just have one inquiry about team chance:No Aces? or are you plotting something devious with that ?

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Triple R
PokéFan Incognito

Nature: Mild
^ Furthermore, couldn't Dark-Type Gym Leader Jack get confused for a member of Team Chance? ...Oh, wait. Is he actually...?
Old January 11th, 2013, 05:46 AM
GGGB
Trainer Gratoku

is this finished?
is there a beta/final or alpha release?
where is the link?

Old January 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
salman pd star

Nature: Gentle
i want to download this game where is the link

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:57 PM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman pd star View Post
i want to download this game where is the link
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGB View Post
is this finished?
is there a beta/final or alpha release?
where is the link?
Well guys, this project isn't finished yet.
No there is no alpha/beta/final release or release date.

Can't blame u for not noticing it, since the OP doesn't anything.
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Triple R
PokéFan Incognito

Nature: Mild
There are just so many 'fans' too lazy to check the previous pages, the comments on the current page, or, heck, even the rules and just rude enough to ask for a beta, alpha, or release date. It isn't fair to the Phoenix Rising team, considering all of the work that has gone into the project.
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:14 AM
salman pd star

Nature: Gentle
i want to make my own game but i dont know how but i realley want to know how

Old January 13th, 2013, 03:41 AM
TroubleH
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to TroubleH
wow, it looks awesome! But no way to download it? :/
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:45 AM
curiousnathan
I will find you

It's advised you read the first post. Don't ask for the release date, the download link or anything of the sort, because well... it's rude. It will be released when it's released, so be patient.

Anyway, yeah I can see his gender from the close ups, and I suppose the OW sprite doesn't really matter on a grand scale considering you'll already know he's male through the trainer and close up sprites.

moderator |
lovely pair | PC live
Old January 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Link
Rupee Moderator

Okay guys, I want to make something abundantly clear; please do not ask for release dates, or download links. If one is not quite obviously there, then it does not exist. This game is still being worked on. While I really do appreciate enthusiasm for the game, it's just not going to come any quicker if you guys don't support us in working towards a release. Don't know why? Read this.

But those of you hungry to know when the game is coming... I have an announcement!

All that aside, I should be releasing a video soon, in fact, that's what I'm working on tonight. I realized we haven't posted one yet, so I'm gonna throw together a video for the introductory lecture!
Old January 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
djfunky
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Lol is that a reference to the CyberPunk 2077 game trailer?
(2:00)
Spoiler:
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Link
Rupee Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfunky View Post
Lol is that a reference to the CyberPunk 2077 game trailer?
(2:00)
Spoiler:
Haha I'm surprised someone got it so quickly! But yes, nice spotting ;]

Vidya time.

Old January 13th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Shinx
it's a mad world

NICE VIDEO WHEN IS THE GAME COMING OUT????

I like the music but it did get a tad repetitive (but hey, what can ya do it doesn't need to be perfect).
Old January 13th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Brane
-

The music reminds me of something you'd find in Chao world. It's nice, upbeat and has that beginning feel to it. In terms of the video itself, I love the starting screen. The menu really flows nicely and I think you've nailed the interface. The intro itself is nice, but at times the screen looks way too empty. The professor talking is absolutely fine, except for the grass which should be moved downwards a little as she looks as if she's standing on the edge of it. The Pidgey has this problem as well except horizontally. I also think the character selection is a little bit plain, maybe having one zoom in a lot more when hovering over it? Because at the moment I think the characters aren't shown well enough. Same thing when you've chosen the character, I think it really needs to be closer up because it is very empty (which might be problematic down the road with your bigger screen - something you should keep in mind if you already aren't ;P).

Other then that the art is amazingly clean and fits the games style perfectly. Especially the speech bubble text, I freaking love that. Good luck on completing your hack!
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Atomic Reactor
Criticism, I give it.

Nature: Rash
What's with the random font colors and size changes?
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Cilerba
the hearts of lonely people

Gavin control your font's size and color jeez it's out of control.
Old January 13th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...

Nature: Relaxed
Thank you for the fontmanship Gavin, I wouldn't have known the professor was totally dedicated to her Pokemon Philosophy research if she hadn't emphasized "EVERY".

Honestly, though, it doesn't feel like a game - there's no unified vision on display, it's a bunch of colorful things thrown together that clash pretty noticeably. For example: the background is of an entirely different art style than the sprites on display, and the rounded text balloons look jarring with the minimalist and pixellated text inside.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

To me, I feel like some of the comments thrown our way are a little more gravitating towards the fact it's different to what you'd normally expect. I also don't really appreciate comments like "this doesn't feel like a game." Other than that though, myself and the team appreciate the feedback. I'm gonna go back to the drawing board slightly on this one, not going to be quite as dramatic as some of the feedback we've gotten on the video, but I'm going to fix up the text. Given that that is primarily the issue here. I don't think the styles clash, that's intentional, given that I wanted the sprites to stand out, and the background is an insight to the game in a more fresh way. But it's impossible to please everyone.

As I say, I'll work on the scene again, primarily the text. This is why we post screenshots and videos; to get feedback, both positive and negative. And just on a personal level, it's quite disheartening to go out and pretty much bash someone's work, all over GD I see it. Try and be slightly more supportive in your comments, some of you. We're meant to be a community, and it's not exactly fair to be negative for the sake of being so. Some of the posters I see in this thread, and in others, go into some of the games purely to be negative. It's not really insightful, and not kind to the developers. This is quite off-topic, but just a simple reach out to some of you guys who see this as a competition, and an opportunity to put people down.

If you don't see vulnerability in somebody, you're probably not going to relate to them. Myself, and the team, put a lot of ourselves into Phoenix Rising, because we want you to see its vulnerabilities, we want you to be able to relate to it. And if you don't relate to some of the things we do, you probably wouldn't relate to us either. So the best thing is to move on and find people more like minded. Carry that mentality with you when you comment on people's games, just because you don't like it doesn't mean you can be rude about it. Simply say what you feel could be changed, and if the developer agrees with you, then great, if not, you're on different wave lengths and you move on. Those are the kind of comments which will help a lot more.

Again, thanks for the comments. We'll work on it :]

Sponsored Links