The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
As in idol, I mean a celebrity/voice actor/inspiration that you are interested the most. I posted this is Serebii but I wanted to share the topic.

Let's say if you're either emailing your idol an email about a fan letter, and he or she responds with a nice feedback! How would you react? Would you be excited that they have responded to you, or would you feel casual?

Or how about when you were walking at a street, and they notice who you are instantly or try to help you out. How would you feel by that?
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Not exactly an 'idol' but I once sent a message online to an author of a book series I used to love. She actually responded and was encouraging me with my writing. That was pretty exciting. I think I might still have a picture of her reply on my computer. :x
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I'd be the happiest guy in the world if I got an email response from my favorite Artist (such as George Fisher or Tom Araya) - I wouldn't believe it, I might get the letter printed and framed.

Now, what if I saw him life in person? - well, have you seen the movie "Wayne's World" - the part where Wayne and Garth meet Alice Cooper, remember Garth's reaction he could't speak... that would be my reaction. At 27 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5FT3IGXtAk
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - Giving Challenges a quick break so I can enjoy OR/AS
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 16
Random Challenge - Badges: 3/8 - game: Y - Location: Shalour City
50/50 Challenge - Badges 5/8 - Game Y - Location: Route 14
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Obviously it'd depend on if it was nice-noticed.. or not. I would be definitely flattered if they took the time to notice me for good reasons. I would love to have feedback (even constructive criticism) from artists that I admire! But I'd be worried about taking up their time.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Obviously it'd depend on if it was nice-noticed.. or not. I would be definitely flattered if they took the time to notice me for good reasons. I would love to have feedback (even constructive criticism) from artists that I admire! But I'd be worried about taking up their time.
The same thing for me. My idol is Tia Ballard. I emailed her in Christmas last year, then I emailed 2 letters of if she read my emails a few days before my birthday. Her YouTube videos inspire me to continue my goals. I told her how sweet she is for giving us a lasting quote of hers that is used in everyday life in terms of reaching goals. I loved her voice work and her a bit. But she replied and appreciated it yesterday.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
All my role models are dead. :[

Well, except Takohito Yamash-ita. I'd see if he would send me a signed copy of a drawing of Nidorina. He draws them so freaking cutely. :3

Yeah. That's all I want. I'm a very easy to please predictable sort.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old January 9th, 2013, 11:46 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I'll probably freak out at first, try to get to know them and hope to get to be friends rather than just talking to them once xD
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I don't think I'll ever meet Shigeru Miyamoto but in a rare thing that I'd meet him I'd probably freaky out then ask for hid autograph.
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
Considering the person I idolize to a nearly mythical fashion is dead, I would be severely alarmed if I received some kind of comment or feedback suddenly. XD
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

I would definitely be very excited. I'd keep it framed in my room next to all my things I love :D
Or I would attempt to make friends with them so they'd keep talking to me. I'd probably fail miserably.
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
I've had a few celebrities tweet me back before, and it always makes me freak out and jump around screaming 'CHELSEA HANDLER TWEETED ME! SHE TWEETED ME HAPPY BIRTHDAY!'

I'm very into celebrities though, they mean a lot to me (no matter how shallow people on their high-horses think that is), so I find it hard to play it cool lol

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old January 12th, 2013, 05:47 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

I...don't think I have a celebrity idol to be honest. I haven't really thought about it either, and now that the topic has been brought up, I...don't have any to mention. Hmmm... I usually look up to people (whom beome my idol(s)) who I contact on a regular basis. I mean, I have a few idols here, and I have a few idols irl.

In saying that, I wouldn't react any differently to their responses. At least I don't think I would. UNLESS, they complimented me, or helped me in some way etc.
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I have a strong belief that role models and idols are super important for people so I'd be really flattered! I'd be a little nervous but I'd try to put my best face forward.

I don't have celebrity idols, but I try to keep my role models within communicable range? Professors, friends, etc. are typically my role models, seeing as I don't know most celebrities well enough or on a personable level to label them as idols.

Old January 13th, 2013, 02:34 AM
Nearsighted king of Ice
We'll get to that tomorrow

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nearsighted king of Ice Send a message via Yahoo to Nearsighted king of Ice
I'd flip-out, I remember getting a reply from ShadyVox who is known for his work on Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx Abridged.... I flipped out!

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?

Black FC: 1592-5761-9212
Pokemon X FC: 2921-9174-9000
Old January 13th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
I've never sent a fan letter to Justin Bieber -- which would state how much I love him -- but if I got a reply, I'd probably faint on the spot. Meeting him out on the streets would be such a rare occurance. Any type of noticement from the Biebs would cause me to faint, even just a simple Re-Tweet.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links