The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Starry Windy
Show Your Victory!
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Began implementing the proper Pokégear functionality (Try using the Pokégear now).
That's great! But what will you do with VS. Seeker feature?
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr

Last edited by Starry Windy; January 8th, 2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Heart View Post
That's great! But what will you do with VS. Seeker (the one you used as Pokégear placeholder)?
Can you get trainers phone numbers as well like you can in the original? For some reason(yes I am serious) I am kinda missing Joey calling me and telling me about his Rattata.

Though it could be due to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGhWp...ature=youtu.be
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:09 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikes View Post
I am guessing you mean for the trainer request? Go to page 134. On his post there is a bug reports parts. Using one of those methods send him the trainer request.

Also Alienhunter. Since you post here quite often could you please provide your input on the ending to Team Saturns arc please? In the past few pages I asked if Laz was considering changing the ending to Team Saturns arc due to it being silly, out of character, and making the final confrontation rather lackluster. He said he agrees it was silly and said it was confusing but would only change it if enough people thought so as well. Jambo, myself and a couple others would like to see the change he has in mind. However due to this being a major thread a lot of people are (understandably) ignoring the conversation and asking for help, complimenting Laz on this amazing mod, etc. Thus the conversation gets buried under those posts. If it didn't I would not be posting this little bit here.

But since you post here quite often, I think your input would be greatly valued. Same goes for everyone else. We are not talking about him changing anything throughout the story, just the ending dialogue between team Saturn's leader, Silver and Axel. If you agree with us and wish for it to be edited or disagree with us and want it to stay please say so!

Sorry for having to bring this up again Laz. Just don't want it to be forgotten and buried under other posts since it is something that can effect a part of the story.
Yeah I have to agree with you now on that after your plea...:D LaZ please do what we fans require. Its a request from me too now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoukon15 View Post
Hey guys, so Im new here and just started playing Liquid Crystal for the first time the other day. I got up to the part where i need the divine bell (whatever its called) from the Ruins of Alph and I cannot get it. I got to the cave and the ??? voice told me to step on the panel in front of me.... but when I do, nothing happens.

From what I understand you're supposed to go back in time blah blah. I did complete all the puzzles prior to this if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be awesome cause im loving this game and want to continue playing!

nevermind.... i got it hahah
Just to clearify you that you need a shiny stone from Ho-oH and there is a secret path which teleports you to an ancient island. Solving the Ruin of Alph puzzle does not requires for it. (If that was the question you were trying to ask)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keezy105 View Post
hey little help here please! I got the GS ball and im trying to return on the undersea boat thing from the orange islands to see prof oak and it says i just missed the boat i have to wait 10 minutes. i never set the time in the beginning because i was just rapid clicking on turboboost lol and i dont know how to set it (it did say i could set it later). am i stuck now?
edit : btw just to make sure im up to date im on liquid crystal 3.2 and vba 1.8.0 beta 3
That is because you have to still enable Real Time Clock settings from your VBA in order for the train to appear.

Last edited by alienhunterx; January 7th, 2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:20 AM
keezy105
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Yeah I have to agree with you now on that after your plea...:D LaZ please do what we fans require. Its a request from me too now.

Just to clearify you that you need a shiny stone from Ho-oH and there is a secret path which teleports you to an ancient island. Solving the Ruin of Alph puzzle does not requires for it. (If that was the question you were trying to ask)

That is because you have to still enable Real Time Clock settings from your VBA in order for the train to appear.
thank you! i did that before and reset but didnt realize i had to close rom and reopen for it to take effect. duhhhhhhh!
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:32 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Been working on a little something last night...

As you can see, the 2 core features are not yet added in. I'll be working on this over the next few days/weeks to implement those. As always this is available now in the latest build.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Can you get trainers phone numbers as well like you can in the original? For some reason(yes I am serious) I am kinda missing Joey calling me and telling me about his Rattata.

Though it could be due to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGhWp...ature=youtu.be
If you'd like, I can call you about the trials and tribulations of trying to catch a Quagsire. Their heads are so round and shiny that I always get distracted and miss!

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old January 8th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
Been working on a little something last night...

As you can see, the 2 core features are not yet added in. I'll be working on this over the next few days/weeks to implement those. As always this is available now in the latest build.
What's GBP stand for? I mean it seems to switch from new barks theme and another one. But other than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post

Thank you!

Kinda depressing that so many people outright ignore the conversation between Laz and I, but it's to be expected since they are having problems. I just hope I am not annoying Laz with this.

Last edited by Strikes; January 8th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:54 AM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
What's GBP stand for? I mean it seems to switch from new barks theme and another one. But other than that?
Pretty sure it stands for Game Boy Player; to switch the music to 8bit and back.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Umm, the link for the required VBA is not working, it keeps saying missing something from computer?

White 2:
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveelution Co-ordinator View Post
Umm, the link for the required VBA is not working, it keeps saying missing something from computer?
I was just able to download it fine from the download page.
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Not An Option
Apparently not

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

Last edited by Not An Option; January 8th, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:11 PM
State
Unhatched Egg

So I've looked through this thread and a few LPs, and I can't figure out how to fix this:
In that room in the Ruins of Alph where the voice talked to me (that worked), when I step on the grey tile, nothing happens. Is there something I was supposed to do beforehand or is there a way to get around this?
(I finished the Rocket Event at Radio Tower and I know I don't have to solve all the puzzles.)
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Sirona
Unhatched Egg

Great to see this being continued! Question, though--is the game supposed to be a mix of gibberish, English, and...(Portuguese? Spanish? Just guessing, I'm not sure).

I didn't continue past the Player gender selection because I wasn't sure how much of the game might be screwed up, if it's a patch issue, or if it's just meant to be like that atm--but most of Oak's conversation was in gibberish or not-English, along with the option to pick Male or Female. Is this just bugged atm, or what?

If so, is the rest of the game fine atm?

It's showing the same both on the Android GBA emulator as well as the one linked in the OP.

Edit: So far the PC options and menu are showing up as gibberish as well, so it's pretty unplayable a

Last edited by Sirona; January 8th, 2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:03 PM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by State View Post
So I've looked through this thread and a few LPs, and I can't figure out how to fix this:
In that room in the Ruins of Alph where the voice talked to me (that worked), when I step on the grey tile, nothing happens. Is there something I was supposed to do beforehand or is there a way to get around this?
(I finished the Rocket Event at Radio Tower and I know I don't have to solve all the puzzles.)
That must be the problem of your ROM as nothing happened with me when I stepped on it. (Just checked it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirona View Post
Great to see this being continued! Question, though--is the game supposed to be a mix of gibberish, English, and...(Portuguese? Spanish? Just guessing, I'm not sure).

I didn't continue past the Player gender selection because I wasn't sure how much of the game might be screwed up, if it's a patch issue, or if it's just meant to be like that atm--but most of Oak's conversation was in gibberish or not-English, along with the option to pick Male or Female. Is this just bugged atm, or what?

If so, is the rest of the game fine atm?

It's showing the same both on the Android GBA emulator as well as the one linked in the OP.

Edit: So far the PC options and menu are showing up as gibberish as well, so it's pretty unplayable a
How are you getting this weird problem. The game is 100 % English in all features. Your ROM or patching might have done that.

Last edited by alienhunterx; January 8th, 2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:37 AM
xSaberx
Unhatched Egg

why latios can't learn calm mind? ice beam? using tutors. anyways is soul dew obtainable in-game? was looking forward to change alakazam w/ latios. oh well i guess back to alakazam: thunderbolt, ice beam, calm mind and psychic.

EDIT1: anyways what legendaries are obtainable so far in 3.3? and is there an updated walkthrough?
EDIT2: lastly, can someone tell me where's the granny/granpa (granpa i think) that tells u the IV's of pokemon. not that i care much bout IV's. forgot the location. im just the type of person who wants to recall things once i forgot it. XD
EDIT3: found it. in national park. haha the only location i didnt considered XD

EDIT4: lol even jirachi can't learn calm mind in tutor?

Last edited by xSaberx; January 9th, 2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:23 AM
adipasa
Amateur Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Laz I found a bug
i cant teleport into the new island btw here's the screen in the attachment
Attached Images
File Type: png wtf.PNG‎ (3.3 KB, 21 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:59 AM
xSaberx
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipasa View Post
Laz I found a bug
i cant teleport into the new island btw here's the screen in the attachment
that's not a bug. lemme guess u still haven't finished the radio tower invasion in goldenrod? u nid to receive a call from elm abt suicune flooding all johto. anyways u just nid to do that, i also encountered that since i was excited to do the suicune capture while i haven't finished the radio invasion and etc. infact once i got the surf i tried doing the suicune capture.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:24 AM
nouchken

Nature: Calm
The reason why I posted this is to ask if you (players & game designers) are ready to put some gen 4 pokémon in the liquid crystal game. I'm not talking about random pokémon, but about the pre and post- evolutions of the pokémon from the 1st, 2nd and third generation.

reason: The game has a kind of "emptyness" without those evolutions... Do you know what I mean with that?

Those are the pokémon I would suggest:

(evolution if pkmn itself is not given)

porygon z
glaceon + leafeon gen I
magmortar
elekable
???

weavile
mammoswine gen II
togekiss
???

probopass
dusknoir gen III
roserade
???

(pre- volution)
Mr. mime gen I
chansey
???

babymanta gen II
???

roserade gen III
???

(other)
regigigas gen IV

And others I didn't notice, marked with ??? (I guess you all got the picture/ know what I mean, now).
Thanks for replying!

Nouchken

Last edited by nouchken; January 9th, 2013 at 08:31 AM. Reason: words shifted in a wrong way while replying
Old January 9th, 2013, 03:25 PM
clay4200
Unhatched Egg

haha jambo, nice password for the new Nexus Lab, I couldn't get it from any trainers so after a couple guesses, I decided I'd try you for a hint

anyway awesome game guys, really brings nostalgia to a new high
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:25 PM
mikefromto

Hey @Linkandzelda i found a script bug in cherrygrove town when you talk to the old man who gives you the map, He starts with Æ.Next maybe you can impliment some HG/SS tilesets into cities (Saffaron city has another ubiding in HG/SS maybe add that and make the rain run ontop of the city? Anyways loving the hack after playing it again since 2008 and best of luck in this hack and all your future endevours.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:06 PM
alienhunterx

I am quite surprised to see you guys getting in a hurry and then complaining that there is no tile that teleports you to the secret island. It is simple to follow the story so you can't miss it. Well that Policeman does not lets you go through Ice Cave in Mahagony Town if you know what I mean here.
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Zetsubou Johnny

Nature: Bold
Hey, uhhh is this the nuzlocke edition or something? I'm playing on a psp with the latest gpSP and when i lose a match instead of going to the poke center my screen goes black and stays that way. Right now i'm caught using a save state in a battle i cannot win.
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:24 AM
nighthawk3
Unhatched Egg

So far this game is fun! i was wondering how far can we get in this beta version that's currently out?
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:02 PM
pypper
Unhatched Egg

So i just caught all dogs but i cant get up in the tin tower?
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Not An Option
Apparently not

How do I obtain the Sea Pass? I've beaten all gym leaders in both regions, beaten the elite four both times, defeated Red, done everything I know to do and I can't seem to find it on Google.

EDIT: After watching a few videos, I realize maybe there's more to be done with Team Rocket. I can't find them anywhere in either region, but I haven't fought Groudon, either of the legendary birds, or any of the three Regi pokemon.

/lost

Last edited by Not An Option; January 10th, 2013 at 05:14 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links