Your first stop will be Sunnyshore, a city build into the rooks that derives its energy from the sun. It is a strictly pedestrian city made on different level due to the mountain side. The levels are connected by high walkways made from solar panels that supply the energy that fuels the whole city. Sunnyshore is a tourism city with big hotels and a booming nightlife and lights everywhere once it gets dark, but quiets down when it’s during the day. It has a large port inside the bay where lots of big ships moor, and a very small beach. Close to this beach is the Professor’s check-point.
Professor Cyprus doesn’t have a permanent laboratory in Sunnyshore, she’s just here temporary to study the marine-life and she has accepted to hand out new licenses to trainers. The check-point is situated in an old fishers shack where the scientists have made their temporary home.
Aid are hurrying along and loads of other trainers are receiving their starters today as well, you might even have to stand in line for a little bit. Professor Cyprus is a middle-aged woman with dark skin and darker hair. She’s a Hoenn native and spends her time researching the natural habitats of marine Pokémon. She’s also very pro-battling. Once you get to meet her she will give you your starter, -if you don't already have one- , your trainer's license, some Pokéballs and a PokéNav, a small computer device attached to a bracelet.
Devon’s PokéNav functions as many things, from a Pokédex to a communicator to a map to a direct way to access your storage. You can directly switch Pokémon from the PC to your party anywhere, anytime. Well, mostly. You are not allowed to transfer during official battles and people find it very bad manners to transfer during non-official battles. The license is simply a plastic card with a chip in it carrying your information, you will need for everything trainer-oriented on the island.
After meeting the Professor you are free to roam the city. Sunnyshore’s Gym has been closed for years, moved to another city, so there’s nothing keeping you here. There are some wild Pokémon to be found, some in the streets of the bustling tourist city, others on the beach and in the surf. Though remember, you may only catch one Pokémon per area!
The dice goes into effect after you receive your Pokémon.
11. One random Pokémon (by dice) may immediately evolve in this area. -> Deino
MANTYKE ♂/♀ - Lv 12
Ability: Swift Swim/Water Absorb/Water Veil
Moves: Tackle, Bubble, Supersonic, BubbleBeam, Confuse Ray
[Notes On Catching]
- You don’t have to capture either of the Pokémon the dice rolls for you, but you may not catch any others. And remember, only one of the two!
- You must end a capture post with the Pokéball rolling and I shall inform you if you’ve caught it or not. Remember, the better the post the better your Pokémon’s stats, with things like egg moves and items on the line!
- You may decide the gender of the Pokémon, do let me know about it in the OOC though, so I can jot it down.
- While you may not catch any other Pokémon, you may certain meet them and their evolved forms, as well as trainers, to battle and level up.