• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen No RNG Abuse in X&Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I haven't RNGed since Diamond and Pearl, so I guess I'm OK with it. But this probably will be sad for some people who really want a pokemon shiny, or RNG for competitive battling.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yeah I'm ok with it too as I've never RNG'd and it might be sad for those who want a shiny, but I think they should be randomly found not like "oh here's one, and here's one and there too!" xD but for competitive battling, that might suck for people since it might take forever to get a pokemon with all 31 IV's

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Even if the Nintendo 3DS hasn't been cracked yet, I'm still getting Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. They're really excellent games, but the only downside is that all Pokémon fansites that list all the Pokémon won't even be able to know about the event Pokémon until they are announced by The Pokémon Company International.

Unlike with when Pokémon Diamond and Pearl were released, people at that time were able to hack the 3DS and find out about Shaymin, Darkrai and Arceus. But not this time... it's all going to be a surprise to everyone. D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
He didn't say you that need them to be in the tournament themselves. You can go compete with normal or IV bred Pokemon if you wish to do so. What he meant was that in order to have a higher chance of winning or qualifying for any higher tournaments, RNGed Pokemon are ideal since they have the upper hand in terms of IVs and such.

No you misunderstand. If absolutely no one can RNG, then no one will have perfect Pokemon, which means perfect Pokemon will no longer be a "requirement" for a chance at the tournament because no one can have perfect Pokemon.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
This may actually be a good thing. Having more uniquely spread IVs in the competitive environment may give newer players a higher chance of succeeding while also developing more creative strategies all around.

Besides is it really necessary to breed the most precious perfect Pokemon? Note, I do own a decent amount of RNG Pokemon.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

It's not going to effect me, since I've never really been into it. Still, it really sucks for people who are into that sorta thing :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That would SUCK. So bad. That's how I get my shinies! Cause PFFT. Shiny hunting and SRing. No thanks. Anyway, hopefully it gets figured out eventually, but even when it does, I imagine it's gonna be cryptic. :|

I haven't even RNGed B2W2 yet, so I'm not too fussed over this...but when it gets to be time for me to RNG, then yeah, I'll probably start getting antsy.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
IF migration is possible, you'll still have "perfect" pokemon in the tourneys. It's just that you can't have "perfect" pokemon from gen 6 in that case. So unless we're all misunderstanding each other, both Tabor and thegr8 are right. It's possible, even likely to get away with not having RNG'd pokemon in the tourneys and scoring well (I didn't), but only as long as the right IVs are in the right places and they're not too terribly low. And Tom's a wee bit off, your pokemon doesn't have to be perfectly flawless. Eat Ludicolo and Staraptor, Tom. :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
This may actually be a good thing. Having more uniquely spread IVs in the competitive environment may give newer players a higher chance of succeeding while also developing more creative strategies all around.

Besides is it really necessary to breed the most precious perfect Pokemon? Note, I do own a decent amount of RNG Pokemon.

It may not be necessary, but it's really fun for us. It'll change how we operate in Trade Corner, most definitely. A certain group of us all RNG abuse and will continue to do so on our DS lites for Gens 3-5.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
"The bonds between players and Pokemon will deepen, and Pokemon will become stronger with the new battle structure." << Pieces of info from a Japanese press release

Got this off someone from TC's chatroom. Even if there will be no more rng, if the quote is true, we've all got some adapting to do.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
You should change your user title then because you're preventing our right to freedom of speech.

Anyhoo, unfortunately for me, I won't be getting XY because no 3DS, no money, blah blah. I'll still breed though, wheeeeeee! Maybe I'll buy the 3rd game for gen 6 if it comes out.

latioslegends

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
It may not be necessary, but it's really fun for us. It'll change how we operate in Trade Corner, most definitely. A certain group of us all RNG abuse and will continue to do so on our DS lites for Gens 3-5.

Well I agree it must be fun I think we could go one gen without it. By all means I would like too see it continue in the fourth and fifth tier; thanks to it I've managed to obtain quite a few legit shinnies with awesome spreads! =D

Last edited:

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
You should change your user title then because you're preventing our right to freedom of speech.

Anyhoo, unfortunately for me, I won't be getting XY because no 3DS, no money, blah blah. I'll still breed though, wheeeeeee! Maybe I'll buy the 3rd game for gen 6 if it comes out.

It's actually the other way around, the game Isn't even out yet. Why would you think rng breeding would be gone all of a sudden?

And you lost the game

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well I agree it must be fun I think we could go one gen without it. By all means I would like too see it continue you in the fourth and fifth tier; thanks to it I've managed to obtain quite a few legit shinnies with awesome spreads! =D

It will definitely make things more interesting. I'm actually pretty excited to make myself not rely on RNG and everything like I usually do. It'll make things fun. :)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Oh, RNG will be gone temporarily for gen 6 at least because some of the folks from Smogon (I think he's from Smogon anyway) who was working on RNG said more or less "yeeeeeah no maybe later." Of course, there's people worldwide who's gonna be working on it but fact is it's been months (a year?) now since the 3DS has been released and no one's been able to crack it yet. Not only that, it'll take at least a few weeks for people to get their hands on a gen 6 cart to start cracking it, so yes, RNG will be kaput for gen 6 for at least a while. Hell, B2W2 breeding RNG hasn't even been cracked yet.

Besides, you didn't read the first post.
Mac said:
Not sure if many of you would know this, but since Pokemon X&Y will be on 3DS, that means there will NOT be any RNG abuse for quite some time. I've spoken with quite a few experts on the subject that I keep in my company, and the 3DS has NOT been cracked yet and the ROMs are encrypted. There is no emulator for them to RAM watch in.

And what game?

Last edited:

latioslegends

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 4, 2019
By all means I would like too see it continue you

I've been working on homework for too long....

Hopefully there will be easier methods to obtain a shiny within the game still.^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back