The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old January 9th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
They'd probably introduce a Poké Ball or more. Who knows they could be making ones like Flight Ball which increases the chance of capture rate if the Pokémon is a Flying-type.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
They'd probably introduce a Poké Ball or more. Who knows they could be making ones like Flight Ball which increases the chance of capture rate if the Pokémon is a Flying-type.
They would be good, or maybe flying Pokémon and Pokémon with Levitate or something.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeTeckers View Post
Someone pointed out that on the trailer there is a part that shows some really weird round buildings that resemble the buildings used in Pokemon XD by the bad guys. Who used snag balls.

Could it be that in this game there will be snag balls? I hope not.
Oh wow, that would certainly give a darker theme to the games... I doubt it, but it'd be kind of awesome to have something like Snag Balls as necessary.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Oh wow, that would certainly give a darker theme to the games... I doubt it, but it'd be kind of awesome to have something like Snag Balls as necessary.
Snag balls are just Pokéballs that are thrown with the Snag Machine aren't they?
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I was disappointed that Gen V didn't bring about new pokeballs. Hopefully they will create new ones here, like a magnetic ball that captures steel and electric types.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
In the cameo appearances, I remember some members talking about Kurt making a return. If he did come back, he might add some new pokeballs, though it is unlikely, and we probably won't have apricorn this generation (but maybe something similar...).

Last edited by Deceit; January 9th, 2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
I always get stoked when it comes to new PokeBalls, the feeling you get when choosing a Pokeball to catch a Pokemon is thrilling. And, I just like collecting items such as Pokeballs.

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Lets have a Fur Ball to catch all the cutesy cuddly pokemon easier!!!!

If we have a Dusk Ball then maybe we should have an equivalent to that for a Day related ball. If they have a Dive Ball for Underwater then if we have a Desert make one for that and if they have Sandstorms. A Thermo Ball maybe to catch Fire and Ice teams. I like the ideas of Magnet Ball for perhaps Steel as well. I think Weight based Ball should come back as well.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 9th, 2013, 11:35 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I think type balls, would come in handy, maybe Magma Ball (Fire), Crystal Ball (Ice), Natural Ball (Grass) etc. and like Kenshin5 mentioned maybe a Sunrise ball for the morning xD
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Hmm... yeah, probably not Snag Balls, but I think that idea is on to something. I was kind of thinking the evil team might have some kind of DNA altering ball, as the theme seems to be genetics. Obviously, I don't think you would ever get to use the ball, considering it might be destroyed at the end of the story, or its just too evil, etc.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:39 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
We haven't had any new buyable Poke Balls since DP, so I doubt we'll get any new buyable Balls. Besides, I think the current number is enough.

However, I can see the possibility of a special ball if they have something like the Safari Zone or Bug Catching Contest or Poke Park or w/e.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceit View Post
Hmm... yeah, probably not Snag Balls, but I think that idea is on to something. I was kind of thinking the evil team might have some kind of DNA altering ball, as the theme seems to be genetics. Obviously, I don't think you would ever get to use the ball, considering it might be destroyed at the end of the story, or its just too evil, etc.
Maybe you might get to use it like, you could alter the DNA to make a Pokemon good, and therefore capture it. And in the third game, somehow the hero aka you lose control of the ball, so the Pokemon is evil. Well, either way a one time use would be awesome.
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Crystal Noel
RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter

Nature: Quirky
I am thinking along the lines of revising the Love Ball to make it more useful and giving a counterpart the "Rivalry Ball" that is highly effective on the Pokemon of the Same Gender as yours.

Old January 18th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Chaos Fork
So I heard you liek Mudkipz

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
I want EVERY pokemon to return. And even have some new ones too

And maybe have some color balls? Like Pink ball, Black ball, Red ball etc. And those Pokeball would work better on Pokemon that are the same color as the Pokeball
Yea. Maybe put Kurt back in and maybe dye pokeballs? Maybe?

My NEW black 2 FC: 0347-8844-0065
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
Anyone remember the Gold/Silver days when you could create Pokeballs using Apricorns? Pokeballs like the Friend Ball, Lover Ball, Moon Ball, etc. Would you like to see those return, but more new ones?
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkRisingGirl View Post
Anyone remember the Gold/Silver days when you could create Pokeballs using Apricorns? Pokeballs like the Friend Ball, Lover Ball, Moon Ball, etc. Would you like to see those return, but more new ones?
I'd honestly prefer new ones, to give us... a new fresh idea of what to do with them, but, if pokeballs like that return, I wouldn't mind it!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links