The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

View Poll Results: Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y
Ye 7 43.75%
Nae 3 18.75%
Not Sure 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Forever
let it go

So while we know very little at this point, this thread is for speculating on what moves will be in the games (given that this forum is for speculation)! What kind of new attacks do you think will be introduced, or do you want to be introduced? Based on the starters, do you think they'll learn exclusives, and such? Discuss!
Old January 8th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I think that they should make a Dark type move which is about 120 power and can be used by Physical pokemon that can't use moves like Crunch.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old January 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I don't think the starters will have exclusive moves. But I think that they will make another type version of Stealth Rock to shake up the metagame a bit. I just think some Pokémon should get some moves that they deserve. Like Flareon and Flare Blitz and Lumineon and Quiver Dance.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
The cloud frog, Froakie, will, without a doubt, learn a cloud based move.

Of course legendaries will get a little extra sumin'

IF there's new types, the obviousness, they'll be tons of new moves.
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
I hope there are more dual move boosters like Dragon Dance or Calm Mind~ Maybe something that raises Speed and Defense; it'll make an interesting Baton Passing strategy!

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
bwburke94
NEW RUN STARTS AUGUST 1! 000/721

Nature: Relaxed
More special Fighting-type moves. I hate Focus Miss, and Aura Sphere has no distribution. HP Fighting forces all 30 IVs, losing you speed ties and a bit of each other stat.

3DS Friend Code: 0645-5804-7602

I'm just a little crazy sometimes.
OK, a lot crazy all the time.

My romhacks and Essentials games are on hold until Essentials is updated.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:12 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

I want there to be a dark or psychic type move that flip flops's all your opponent's battle stats around randomly. Like power trick, but for every stat(excluding hp) and randomly. Tbh tho i'm kinda at a loss for new moves for the starters
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
We need a good physical Electric move. Thunder Fang/Punch won't cut it no more. And something that doesn't recoil like Wild Charge and Volt Tackle. Just like a physical counterpart to Thunderbolt, I suppose. That in mind, there need to be Fire and Ice equivalents as well.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
I predict these following moves

- Volt Kick
- Frost Kick
- Freezing Water (Freeze equivalent to Scald)
- Pyrokenisis
- Fireball
- Corkscrew
- Laserbeam
- Meteor Shower
- Phantom Wheel
- Bad Breath
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Kyain
The Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyain
give splash something. For six (6) generations, splash has had "No effect!" Give it some damage, some something. I'm being dead serious. In the meantime, the less "unappreciated" types (Grass, Rock, Steel, and Water to a certain extent, etc.) need some good moves to make them less unappreciated. I think the starters will probably get their own signature moves hopefully. Something that fits their character/way of attacking/etc.(Oshawott, I feel your pain for Razor Shell being learnable by Shellder.)

Silver-tier supporter Kyain's Signature
There's nothing here...lol
My stuff:

Space for rent

lalalalala i can't hear you. FACT.
[context: facebook]
Quote:
over a milliard of users had no access
[1:41:11 PM] Khilia-chan~: they all were forced to have a life

Old January 8th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Lance
Master of Dragons

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
Dark, Bug, Ghost, Ground, and Rock need more powerful special moves, with over 100 base power. Also, we need more physical Fire attacks for guys like Flareon. :(
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

I want a strong Water physical move that doesn't have 90 Accuracy. At least 100 power, as well. And same for ghost types, maybe a move called Conceal, which works like Sky Drop. Well, I really want something stronger than Shadow Ball. And is not special to one pokemon.
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Forever
let it go

I want a 100% accurate 100 BP physical rock move. I mean I don't see why rock has to miss out...
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
In general I hope that we get new moves that actually add something to the game, not new moves for the sake of new moves. A lot of the previous gen's new moves seemed redundant. For example, Leaf Tornado was basically Magical Leaf, (LT only had 5 more base power and 100 accuracy instead of guaranteed hit), and Wild Charge = Volt Tackle (I guess Pikachu needed to keep its special move?).

I also hope they do a better job with the TMs this generation. Who actually used Struggle Bug, Telekinesis, Safeguard, Torment, Ally Switch, Fling, Quash, Psych Up, or Snarl? I mean some of those moves aren't completely useless, but they could have easily been incorporated into a Pokemon's regular level up system or a move tutor, instead of taking the place of an actual useful TM, like almost any of the move tutor moves. This is also because a lot of TMs were really only made for a very small group of Pokemon. Quash (who knew that move existed, honestly?) can only be learned by 18 Pokemon, 2 of those by level up. And Ally Switch can only be learned by 15, 3 by level up. 18 and 15, out of 500.

Specifically, we need a physical 100% accurate high powered steel move that isn't affected by the user's weight, height, etc! Also a high powered physical electric move that doesn't damage us after use. And an accurate rock move, and a high powered physical accurate psychic, Seriously there are plenty of ideas just by looking at all of the basic ones that are missing, there was no need for those redundant moves, Gamefreak! n_n

SHOWDOWNGALLERYANIMEPAIR

Old January 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Hmm... just came up with an interesting move after a bit of thinking.
It's called Twisted Shock. I got the idea from Psyshock.
So basically, the move is Normal (or maybe it can be changed to Electric or whatever), maybe about 90 power. I don't know if this is kind of cheap, but when you use this move, it is special(or physical), but it hits the opponent in the defense they are weak in, so it does special damage against a pokemon with low special defense, and physical against pokemon with low defense. So yeah, it's an interesting move.
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceit View Post
Hmm... just came up with an interesting move after a bit of thinking.
It's called Twisted Shock. I got the idea from Psyshock.
So basically, the move is Normal (or maybe it can be changed to Electric or whatever), maybe about 90 power. I don't know if this is kind of cheap, but when you use this move, it is special(or physical), but it hits the opponent in the defense they are weak in, so it does special damage against a pokemon with low special defense, and physical against pokemon with low defense. So yeah, it's an interesting move.
Only problem is you'd need to have even attack and special attack on the Pokemon attacking with this, and prediction would... definitely help. XD;
Old January 9th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
A Ghost type move with 100% Accuracy and 95 Power, basically equivalent to Flamethrower, Ice Beam etc. Shadow Ball is okayish but you need more than just one powerful Special Ghost type move IMO.

Old January 9th, 2013, 04:50 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Splash should do 10 damage when it's raining lol
But Blaze Kick could use some counterparts like how we have punches and fangs.
We need a better special rock type move. Power Gem can't be learned by many pokemon. Better physical ice moves too. Not many things can learn Icicle Crash, plus it's a tad inaccurate.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I've always felt like we've been lacking in a set of really good physical attacks to match the stats of Pokémon who specialize in this area. For example, if you take a Pokémon like Delcatty who is a much better physical attacker than it is special attacker, it has a very poor and weak moveset in terms of what it can learn to use physically than compared to what it can use specially. So, I'd definitely like to see a new array of physical attacks that cover the different types and are worthy of being used for a Pokémon's moveset.
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
funguy10
Togepi

How about a move which can randomly be any of the 17 types?
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
How about a move in which causes Freezing without making any damage? Like what Sleep Power does?

Now for a name... what can I think about... hm... oh I know!

Frost Breath would be good name for the move. :3

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:45 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I would like for there to be a new ground move stronger than Earthquake.
Also I'll like to see Ground, Kyogre, and Rayquaza gain moves special to them much like Mewtwo got a move last gen.
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Deceit
Toxic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Only problem is you'd need to have even attack and special attack on the Pokemon attacking with this, and prediction would... definitely help. XD;
Oh, I meant that the attack uses the user's special attack, but it either hits the defense or special defense of the opponent, whichever stat is weaker. What I mean by the (or physical) part is that this move might use the user's physical attack stat since I haven't really thought on what it should be, but for now, it uses the user's special stat.
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:10 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceit View Post
Oh, I meant that the attack uses the user's special attack, but it either hits the defense or special defense of the opponent, whichever stat is weaker. What I mean by the (or physical) part is that this move might use the user's physical attack stat since I haven't really thought on what it should be, but for now, it uses the user's special stat.
Oh riight, I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
I would like for there to be a new ground move stronger than Earthquake.
Also I'll like to see Ground, Kyogre, and Rayquaza gain moves special to them much like Mewtwo got a move last gen.
Nah that'd be too strong imo. 100 BP is pretty strong honestly for a move that common/useful. :x I think I'd be okay with just EQ imo. Maybe better steel idk.
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Mujahid
Sir Froakie is impressed.

Nature: Quiet
We are long Due for a strong Dark type attack. We don't have a single Attack which has even 100 Base power ! Fling can do some damage but uses up the Item slot. I would love an EQ variant of Dark.

Sponsored Links