The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful

Advertise here
I love that idea. Though Feebas was damn hard to get to evolve using that method.

Maybe we can have an evolution triggered by temperature which could play with the season based evolution theory or if one is on top of a snowy mountain/ volcano. If it's hot out the pokemon evolves. Gen V had someone who told you the temperature at one point, perhaps they could add a similar person or add temperature as a part of the new device.
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM
lineofdeath
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Maybye they will interprate a evasion ppercentace in, pojemon evolves after levelnup over certain evaision percenrage

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signatu...ic362557_3.gif
Old January 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Just thought of a Food based Evolution.

If France is the base for the new region, Culinary arts is a big thing for the french so they could include a new minigame for cooking, similar to making poffin, except you can use new ingrediants besides berries.

Similar to Feebas needing to be fed beauty raising Pokeblocks/Poffin, they could include a food based evolution with new stats based on looks with each food raising that stat.
I really like that idea, would make a lot of sense too.

I expect they'll add a few more stones but I can't see anything too drastic (like brand new drastic) happening.

paired with christos
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
If there ever is a new Eeveelution, I think the new kind of way of evolving would be to go to a special place, like a place that is clear and you can see the stars in the night sky. And by battling there... would allow certain Pokémon to evolve. It would be fantastic, especially an Eevee evolving into a "Stareon", that would be excellent. :)

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I think a link battle evolution would be an interesting concept. Battle a friend next to you/online.
Old January 9th, 2013, 06:58 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
If there ever is a new Eeveelution, I think the new kind of way of evolving would be to go to a special place, like a place that is clear and you can see the stars in the night sky. And by battling there... would allow certain Pokémon to evolve. It would be fantastic, especially an Eevee evolving into a "Stareon", that would be excellent.
That would be cool but I doubt it'll be called Stareon. Maybe the pokemon can be a fighting type forming a trio with Espeon and Umbreon (who are Sun and Moon). Or maybe it'll be Dragon as Dragon types have been associated with Meteors (Draco Meteor, Rayquaza being confused for one, Kyurem falling from a comet according to legend).
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I think a link battle evolution would be an interesting concept. Battle a friend next to you/online.
mmm battling myself <3 yay

Also, I love Xander's food evolution idea. Very cool!
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Yeah we don't need another attack on Pokemon from PETA.

Also, I don't like the idea of evolving through Wi-Fi or Dream World related stuff. Not everyone can do that, and heck, not everyone was able to get Escavalier and Accelgor in gen V because of that weird trade method (though that could be said about any trade evo Pokemon). But I think requiring Dream World or something would be a little mean of them.
I didn't like the idea of dragging my link cable around either... At least with that you have an easier way of doing things.

I thought of the streetpass as well, seems to be an interesting concept. They promote interactions with others through this. I don't know if we really consider Deerling evolvutions Seasonal based, but they could probably expand on that. Or include an item or something else to add to that. An ability based evolution would be nice as we already have one based on moves. Maybe something like level + ability at a certain point offers a split evolution.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old January 9th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Pokemon polymerization comes to mind--in other words, if you have two Pokemon in your party and use a special item, they would sort of mesh together and become one Pokemon. This could maybe be done with Pokemon that don't have another evolution (and perhaps no pre-evo., either). And seeing how this region may be more science-y makes this idea even more plausible. However, I doubt it'll happen, especially since the idea's been used in other series (such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Digimon) XD; ...Then again, they did do this with Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom, so...

Another possibility is to have a Pokemon's evolutionary path depend on which stat is higher, kind of like Tyrogue. But Idk.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Quote:
I thought of the streetpass as well, seems to be an interesting concept. They promote interactions with others through this. I don't know if we really consider Deerling evolvutions Seasonal based, but they could probably expand on that. Or include an item or something else to add to that. An ability based evolution would be nice as we already have one based on moves. Maybe something like level + ability at a certain point offers a split evolution.
I like the idea of a seasonal evolution (like night/day with some Pokemon) and I really love the split evolution with different abilities. That is actually something that I can see being very likely, honestly.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
I hated trying to evolve feebas. It was a chore trying to find it, let alone evolve it. But I think the ways they have now work, but a climate type thing would be really cool :)

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:46 PM
gunnerpow7
☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Hmmm... Since this gen is all about Genetics, maybe evolution through a machine like resurrecting fossils or something like that...

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

gunnerpow7

☆ paired with MidnightShine, Twihiki_Amias, PachyfcgPC Showdown ☆ Lady Gunner ☆ defunct account ☆
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Elite Four Lucian
Elite Four - Psychic User

Nature: Brave
or maybe something like...feel free to slap me for this...maybe something like Combining your DNA like in digimon, that'd be a sick way to evolve pokemon :)

Wanting to Trade: An Elgato Game Capture HD for an Black or Red 3DS + Pokemon X or Y. Let me know if you are interested.
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:53 PM
shubshub
Master of The Y

Nature: Quiet
Maybe Have a Pokemon Evolve Depending on its Nature?

EG: Pokemon Evolves at Level 40 Into This Mon if its Nature is Relaxed
Pokemon will Evolve into Different Mon at Level 40 if its Nature is Naughty
etc
[Pokemon White 2]: 3182 4860 8214 [OT: Chris ID: 62513]
[Nintendo 3DS]: 4441 8375 5933 [Pokemon Y]

My Favorite Pokémon!
Garchomp